Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion  (Read 78912 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion
« Reply #725 on: February 27, 2020, 10:01:30 pm »

It sounds like there are several vaccines in the work, two in the US and this one from Israel. And ??? too? If this vaccine from Israel works, that will set up some interesting, ummm, international reaction.

...hmm...chances are that Congress won't give Trump the $$ to make sure that the vaccine is replicated here ... they tend to have a way of making mush out of a good thing.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #726 on: February 27, 2020, 11:44:27 pm »
And Thailand claimed they had something working too; so a few of these reports.

This is a world news story and everyone is welcome to comment as they care... but eventually, if it really hits the US, this should be?? I don't know, it will remain a world news story but it will also be a national news story and it will also be a health story, I think I saw the health forum got a few coronavirus stories... so, I don't know how we will handle this.. but everyone is welcomed to their say here.

I mean, if it starts hitting somewhere in the states hard, we can post in those other appropriate areas, everything though, is very welcomed here.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 12:05:45 am by TomSea »

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #727 on: February 28, 2020, 12:05:22 am »
Iranian deputy health minister, diagnosed with coronavirus, goes into quarantine as locals accuse Tehran of cover-up
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/26/iranian-health-minister-diagnosed-with-coronavirus-goes-into-quarantine-as-locals-accuse-tehran-of-cover-up.html
FEB 26 2020

KEY POINTS

Iran’s government confirmed 139 cases and 19 deaths from the fast-spreading virus as of Wednesday, the highest number of fatalities outside China, where the disease has taken more than 2,600 lives and sickened more than 80,000.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo expressed concern on Tuesday that Tehran may be withholding “vital details” and urged all countries to “tell the truth about the coronavirus.”

Iran’s neighbors have shut their borders with the country and most Middle Eastern countries have now suspended flights to and from Iran.

Iranian deputy health minister, diagnosed with coronavirus, goes into quarantine as locals accuse Tehran of cover-up

hahaha

Iran’s Deputy Health Minister Iraj Harirchi looked visibly feverish as he spoke on state television Monday, downplaying the spread of the new coronavirus in Iran. Without a face mask on, wiping sweat off his forehead and speaking to local press, he coughed into a tissue several times.

Great job, Harry. Too little, too late.

hahaha

Everybody in the first three rows at the presser should be in quarantine.

Iran is reporting 14% mortality.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline TomSea

« Reply #728 on: February 28, 2020, 12:14:34 am »
Do not say "I'll get it to get over it", because have others heard? There are cases where they have had it and get over it only to get it again. I swear, I've read that a few times.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #729 on: February 28, 2020, 12:17:56 am »
I heard some guy interviewed on the radio saying maybe Iran is suffering from the sanctions in this...guess what?
U.S. Grants Sanctions Waiver to Ease Humanitarian Aid to Iran via Swiss Channel
February 27, 2020

WASHINGTON, Feb 27 (Reuters) – The United States on Thursday granted a license to allow for certain humanitarian trade transactions with Iran‘s sanctioned central bank, a move it said was in step with the formalization of a Swiss humanitarian aid channel.

The newly created channel, which the U.S. Treasury Department said became fully operational on Thursday as it granted the license, would allow for companies to send food, medicine and other critical supplies to Iran.

“The Swiss Humanitarian Trade Arrangement will help ensure that humanitarian goods continue to reach the Iranian people without diversion by the regime,” Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said in a statement.

Read more at: https://kayhanlife.com/news/iran/u-s-grants-sanctions-waiver-to-ease-humanitarian-aid-to-iran-via-swiss-channel/?fbclid=IwAR0PkBdYkw9Is3-nyi8jbN9pIYHmxaqpy9pBJpoaAwm0hyCCLQLHTpWp8P0

We have sanctions on them but perhaps, other countries, indeed do not. They are still in that JCPOA agreement, hopefully, they should have been able to take up any slack.  Right, is this not all correct? Germany or whatever, might still be doing business with them.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #730 on: February 28, 2020, 12:22:38 am »
Ya'll might to want to check Youtube for some different perspectives.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline TomSea

« Reply #731 on: February 28, 2020, 02:50:03 pm »
How about this? One of the Senators spoke about this today so though, this is Zero Hedge, there were other stories saying this, May 2019:

US Is Dependent On China For Almost 80% Of Its Medicine

Experts are warning that the U.S. has become way too reliant on China for all our medicine, our pain killers, antibiotics, vitamins, aspirin and many cancer treatment medicine.

Fox Business reports that according to FDA estimates at least 80 percent of active ingredients found in all of America’s medicine come from abroad, primarily from China. And it’s not just the ingredients, China wants to become the world’s dominant generic drug maker. So far Chinese companies are making generic for everything from high blood pressure to chemotherapy drugs. 90 percent of America’s prescriptions are for generic drugs.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

See more at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-05-31/us-dependent-china-almost-80-its-medicine
....  This is what happens when you depend on #China for 80% of our pharmaceuticals

https://twitter.com/marcorubio/status/1233376091185741825

And people say and rightly so in fact, that medicines cost so much.  So, I'm not sure what this is all about and if the Chinese drugs are quality, could some of them just be aspirin and the like? It would deserve to be studied but STILL.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #732 on: February 28, 2020, 02:59:33 pm »
‘Made In China’ Includes Most US Medicines, Expert Says ‘It’s Mind Boggling’
By Robbie Owens
February 27, 2020 at 6:38 pm
Filed Under:China, Coronavirus, Covid-19, DFW News, Pandemic, Sick People

NORTH TEXAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Will shuttered factories impact supplies?

The now worldwide concern over the spread of the novel coronavirus is shining new light on a largely overlooked U.S. vulnerability, unrelated to the actual illness: almost all of the nation’s life saving drugs are in some way sourced in China.

“It’s a mind boggling thing: we abdicated control of our own pharmaceuticals to China,” says Professor David Jacobson at SMU’s Cox School of Business and an expert on China. “China controls almost 100% of the generic medications that are prescribed in the United States. And now if they can’t make it, we don’t have an alternative place.”​

Professor Jacobson issued that quiet warning in an interview with CBS 11 News last month. Now, so much has changed as the virus spreads and panic grips the world.​

Read more at: https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2020/02/27/made-in-china-includes-most-us-medicines-expert-says-its-mind-boggling/

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #733 on: February 28, 2020, 03:09:38 pm »
https://apnews.com/a7d2aaac19fc3022ba686ba91e7d4395

Mexico confirms first 2 cases of coronavirus

MEXICO CITY (AP) — Mexico’s assistant health secretary announced Friday that the country now has two confirmed cases of the new coronavirus.

Hugo Lopez-Gatell said one of the patients is in Mexico City and the other in the northern state of Sinaloa. While a second test is still pending on that case, he said, “We are treating this as confirmed.” Neither is seriously ill.

At least five family contacts of the first patient have been placed in isolation. He said one of the men had contact with someone who had traveled to the northern Italian region where there has been an outbreak.

President Andrés Manuel López Obrador appeared to downplay the seriousness of the COVID-19 virus, saying “it isn’t even equivalent to flu.”  (emphasis added by me)

More at URL above...

Poster's comment:
Mexico --> USA looks to be "the vector" as to how COVID-19 breaks out here big-time.
Look at how the leader of their country regards this...

Offline skeeter

« Reply #734 on: February 28, 2020, 03:19:43 pm »
How about this? One of the Senators spoke about this today so though, this is Zero Hedge, there were other stories saying this, May 2019:

And people say and rightly so in fact, that medicines cost so much.  So, I'm not sure what this is all about and if the Chinese drugs are quality, could some of them just be aspirin and the like? It would deserve to be studied but STILL.

This virus might end up being a blessing in disguise for us, revealing as it has the extreme dependence we've developed on a partner as unreliable as China. Hopefully we'll wise up and either bring this mfg capacity home or at least spread it around a bit.

But I'm afraid it'll take a federal law to prevent things from going right back to the way it was, as the arrangement with China has undoubtedly made a few powerful people very wealthy.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #735 on: February 28, 2020, 03:24:01 pm »
WHO Daily Press Briefing on now:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline TomSea

« Reply #736 on: February 28, 2020, 05:39:50 pm »
Huge disaster for Iran and this has really been in the span of about a week, more people die of the virus than in that plane wreck. Then, you had about 1,500 protesters gunned down late last year.

Iran death toll from coronavirus reaches 210: BBC Persian

The number of deaths across Iran from the outbreak of the novel coronavirus is at least 210, BBC Persian reported citing its sources from hospitals in Iran.

The capital Tehran has had the most deaths so far from the outbreak followed by the city of Qom, BBC Persian said in its report.

The death toll from coronavirus in Iran is “much higher” than the official death toll, Iranian MP Gholamali Jafarzadeh Imenabadi said on Friday, adding that he has documented “horrific numbers” from cemeteries in his city Rasht in northern Iran.

More: https://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/middle-east/2020/02/28/Iran-death-toll-from-coronavirus-reaches-210-BBC-Persian.html?fbclid=IwAR0pWIVbxfv-VzU78kcwn9w1C5tQRY1h90mNBZkDJkoDXgU-KQHuedUyBeM

Diamond Princess, 5 have died off their ship, how many were there originally? Like around 75 or something.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 05:41:12 pm by TomSea »

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #737 on: February 28, 2020, 06:08:46 pm »

Earlier this week (I think it was Monday) on his CNBC show, Jim Cramer went on a big rant about so much of the raw materials for medicines coming from China.  Said he had a talk with Larry Kudlow on the subject and asked him to bend Trump's ear regarding same.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #738 on: February 28, 2020, 07:16:10 pm »
Bring back Pharma manufacturing to areas that are economically suffering in the USA, i.e. Puerto Rico, where it was huge before shipping it to China.

The time has come to end manufacturing everything in China.  It is not in the best interests of the American people.

Watch our stock market plummet to 15,000.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 05:26:39 pm by jafo2010 »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #739 on: February 28, 2020, 07:31:11 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #740 on: February 28, 2020, 09:00:25 pm »

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #741 on: February 28, 2020, 09:53:12 pm »

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #742 on: February 29, 2020, 12:25:22 am »
The countries that can rationally and financially report and do the steps necessary to combat this virus are vanishingly small.

The "regular" flu has killed over 16,000 people worldwide, reported, and kills between 250,00 to 650,000 people every year.

The video I posted above.

Don't listen to WHO or the Chinese Govt. WATCH what they are doing.

The WHO is corrupt, underfunded, etc. And in bed or deeply in bedded with the CCP.

The President's response, AT THIS TIME, seems proportional and proactive.

There is so many different sources, or whatever, reporting different numbers, it gets pretty confusing.

I am taking measures now, as far as basic food staples. But that is nothing new. We restock for at least six months worth and up to a year in basic foods. September to March. Etc. Due to the nature of my work, I have really good masks at hand. Not to mention the respirators.

Prepare now. Steady and measured. And not necessarily because of a pandemic.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #743 on: February 29, 2020, 02:19:31 am »
Chicken Soup Won’t Stop the Coronavirus
A doctor’s common-sense guide to protecting yourself and your family
By Jeremy Brown   February 27, 2020

As the coronavirus continues to spread around the world, there are now more new cases being reported outside of China than within the country where the outbreak began. On Wednesday the World Health Organization put the number of new cases in China at 411, with a total of 427 reported in other countries. Later that day, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention confirmed an infection with the virus that causes COVID-19 in California. The new figures lend support for the warning issued earlier this week by the CDC that an outbreak of coronavirus inside the United States, triggered by someone unwittingly bringing the disease into the country, was inevitable. “It’s not so much of a question of if this will happen anymore” said the CDC’s Dr. Nancy Messonnier on Tuesday, “but rather more of a question of exactly when this will happen.”

The bad news is that there is no current vaccine or medication against the virus. The good news is that simple non-pharmacological interventions are extremely effective at preventing its spread. COVID-19, as the disease is officially called, is caused by a new version of the ubiquitous coronavirus, which is a common cause of the winter colds and sniffles we’ve all had at some time. Those winter viruses, including influenza, are spread in droplets, have a hard time surviving in warm or humid weather, and need a living host. It is these factors that allow us to limit the spread of disease and keep ourselves healthy.

The current recommendations to check the spread of COVID-19 are based on the same ones used to curb the spread of influenza. They are focused on NPIs, or non-pharmacological interventions, and they are practices that we should already be following each and every winter, regardless of the threat of a pandemic. They fall into three categories. The first of these is personal and are the things we should be doing every day. Throughout influenza season we should be covering our face when we sneeze or cough, washing our hands frequently, and staying home when we get sick so that we don’t infect others. These are tried and tested measures to effectively limit the spread of winter coughs, colds, and influenza, and they are just as important in combating coronavirus. Face masks, on the other hand, don’t appear to add very much protection. They may trap some droplets in the air that carry viral particles, but they quickly become saturated, and unless they are hermetically sealed, they do not provide anywhere near total protection. But if you choose to use one, dispose of it without touching the front of the mask itself and then wash your hands.

More at: https://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-news-and-politics/299907/coronavirus-common-sense

Offline TomSea

« Reply #744 on: February 29, 2020, 02:46:21 am »
BNO Newsroom
@BNODesk
The Washington State Department of Health will hold a press briefing on coronavirus at 8 p.m. PT (11 p.m. ET). No details given.

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1233581853854064640

« Reply #745 on: February 29, 2020, 04:37:17 am »
2019-2020 U.S. Flu Season: Preliminary Burden Estimates

CDC estimates* that, from October 1, 2019, through February 22, 2020, there have been:

32,000,000 – 45,000,000 flu illnesses

14,000,000 – 21,000,000 flu medical visits

310,000 – 560,000 flu hospitalizations

18,000 – 46,000 flu deaths

*Because influenza surveillance does not capture all cases of flu that occur in the U.S., CDC provides these estimated ranges to better reflect the larger burden of influenza. These estimates are calculated based on CDC’s weekly influenza surveillance data and are preliminary.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/preliminary-in-season-estimates.htm

« Reply #746 on: February 29, 2020, 04:39:47 am »
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

Congratulations and thank you to our great Vice President & all of the many professionals doing such a fine job at CDC & all other agencies on the Coronavirus situation. Only a very small number in U.S., & China numbers look to be going down. All countries working well together!

9:39 PM · Feb 27, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1233220106324451328

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #747 on: February 29, 2020, 02:24:30 pm »
US Leads In Preventing Spread Of COVID-19 …Europe, Other Continents Faring Far Worse!

No Tricks Zone By P Gosselin on 29. February 2020

https://notrickszone.com/2020/02/29/us-leads-in-preventing-spread-of-covid-19-europe-other-continents-faring-far-worse/

Lately we’ve been hearing lots from desperate politicians suggesting that the US response to the spread of the COVID-19 virus has not been adequate.

Far worse in Europe

Here in Europe we’ve been hearing a lot about new cases arising on a daily basis, and when I compare the number of U.S.cases (February 29, 2020) to those reported here and in other countries, it’s hard to understand what all the commotion in the US is about. Things are far worse in Europe.

So far the US has reported 66 cases among a population of over 330 million. That translates to about 0.2 cases per million, despite the huge volume of travel between the US and Asia. In France and Germany the rate is 5 times higher (though they are doing a pretty good job fighting the spread). In Italy it’s 75 times greater!

More at link.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #748 on: February 29, 2020, 02:38:34 pm »
Iran coronavirus crisis — the new epicentre of the world? Australia waits to get a case, then blocks flights

JoNova 2/29/2020

http://joannenova.com.au/2020/02/iran-coronavirus-crisis-the-new-epicentre-of-the-world-australia-still-importing-deadly-disease/

Amazing. Sinbad reports on the situation in Iran. He is a commenter here who speaks the language. I can’t confirm this except to say that #Coronavirusupdates Iran looks like everything he is describing. Officially there are only 388 cases and 34 deaths. But on twitter, just like China, censorship and denial and so much more. Mass graves. Corrupt officials. Mass spraying of the streets. But if there is no attempt to stop it spreading (no lockdown like China has done) this will truly run wild. Those poor people. Germany closed flights in January, related to other problems in Iran. In the last week Iraq, Oman, Turkey, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Tajikistan, UAE, Kuwait all closed borders with Iran. Australia, with lower medical standards imported a case from Iran today instead.  – Jo

UPDATE: Finally, today the Australian government banned arrivals from Iran without a two week holiday stopover somewhere. That’s a lot better but should be mandatory proper quarantine. The government now has the arduous job of tracking the 40 people (or more) she may have infected and the people those victims may have infected (their families). Those 40+ people now have the stressful wait to find out if they got “lucky”. Hopefully they’ll all survive and the virus doesn’t spread wildly. Why did we take this risk?

PS: As Chiefio says: The virus can’t walk…

“How to prevent and stop the spread is easy. But it will not be done.

The virus has no legs nor wings. It can not move from country to country on its own.

Stop international and inter regional travel for 40 days. During that time, test everyone from any region with disease. Those infected go off to disease camp and stay there until dead, or cured plus any relapse time possible. Workers in the camp have separate quarters area from the sick and do not return to the outside population until 40 days after the last case is discharged.

From Sinbad,
Hi all,
A bit of update on the Iranian front since my last post

1- The regime has no plan to quarantine. Multiple officials including the ‘president’ have come out and refuted it as ‘unscientific’ and ‘backward’.

2- The regime views everything from a security lens. Consequently, regime mouthpieces have already stated that the ‘enemy’ will seize upon any chance to bring the country to a standstill in turn leading to the toppling of a an extremely hated and weakened theocracy. The fascisti are extremely paranoid at this stage. This means that the mullahcracy is committed to the exact opposite of what the rest of the world is doing. As i stated in my original post, they have no intention of controlling it. As the architect in Matrix put it ‘there are levels of survival we are prepared to accept’. The population is expendable.

3- An MP for the city of Rasht, capital of Gilan province along the Caspian sea, has described the situation as ‘horrific’, based upon burial numbers from the city’s main cemetery, claiming that the number of deaths are much higher. However, he does not dare to tell how many due to ramifications.

4- The above is mirrored in reports of 2000 freshly dug graves in the city of Qom over the last week or so. Chinese despots build hospitals in 7 days, the mullahs dig thousands of graves in one week. There are multiple reports, citizen journalism, of people of all ages and sexes dying quite quickly, 2-3 days, and being hurriedly buried covered in lye. Relatives either being told to keep their mouths shut or bought off with some small lump sum. This common practice by the regime.

5- Another council official from Tehran has made a claim of 15000 infected for the entire country. This was a few days ago.

6- The actual numbers? No one knows. The regime is not interested. They are not monitoring nor do they have any protocols in place. The numbers of available kits are minuscule.

More at link.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #749 on: February 29, 2020, 06:12:34 pm »
BNO Newsroom
@BNODesk
BREAKING: Washington state reports first U.S. death from coronavirus

https://mobile.twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1233813398086967296