Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion  (Read 78933 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion
« Reply #3225 on: March 24, 2020, 10:01:29 pm »
Want to see how much each county in America is changing their habits? This crude Social Distancing Scoreboard measures the change in distance traveled to come up with a score for each county.

https://www.unacast.com/covid19/social-distancing-scoreboard

Of course, travel isn't the main driver except perhaps for transporting the virus to new places. It's the large crowds that really drive this stuff.

My County (Mohave, AZ) gets an "F."  12% change in traveling.  Oh, we are all zeros, in cases, recoveries and fatalities.  We're like, "What pandemic?"  It's still bad for business.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3226 on: March 24, 2020, 10:08:48 pm »
My County (Mohave, AZ) gets an "F."  12% change in traveling.  Oh, we are all zeros, in cases, recoveries and fatalities.  We're like, "What pandemic?"  It's still bad for business.

HAHAHAHA! All the worst counties are in MT.

ANYPLACE in the west is gong to fare poorly by this metric...

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #3227 on: March 24, 2020, 10:09:39 pm »
Back by popular demand
***Dr. Fauci ***BREAKING: President Trump News Conference | 5:30pm Eastern

www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUz7GXgVmTg
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 10:10:34 pm by Once-Ler »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3228 on: March 24, 2020, 10:14:00 pm »
HAHAHAHA! All the worst counties are in MT.

ANYPLACE in the west is gong to fare poorly by this metric...

A lot of that is because we don't have a lot of choice on traveling, and we can drive and drive without contacting anybody else in the process.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3229 on: March 24, 2020, 10:20:55 pm »
A lot of that is because we don't have a lot of choice on traveling, and we can drive and drive without contacting anybody else in the process.

Yep. Everything is 100 miles away. And you ain't gonna pass many cars as you're going...

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3230 on: March 24, 2020, 10:25:59 pm »
Want to see how much each county in America is changing their habits? This crude Social Distancing Scoreboard measures the change in distance traveled to come up with a score for each county.

Of course, travel isn't the main driver except perhaps for transporting the virus to new places. It's the large crowds that really drive this stuff.

All the Georgia counties that got F's have no cases.  The counties with the most cases all got A's.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3231 on: March 24, 2020, 10:26:44 pm »

I think you are right about the crowds, and the fact that driving may disperse the pathogen along main highway corridors.
A few things to point out about the distance traveled metric.
In this end of ND, you have to go 120 miles (if you stay in state) to get to the next big town. The 'Quest for Charmin' could easily rack up 150 miles, if you live between the bigger  towns.

While that holds, people who live that far from town and a big-ish box store tend to stock up and only make one trip a month or less, relying on local markets for things like milk and eggs, if they don't grow their own.
With the 'panic', I have little doubt those pantries were checked and the holes filled in, as best as people could, which would provide a surge in miles traveled above average, followed by a serious drop.
Some of the decrease in miles traveled will be due to the oil patch shutting down (because of prices), and some travel will be a result of that, and either is unlikely to do anything but expose those out of work to town, and remove those who still are working from that in-town environment. The work environment provides social distancing, and between the oil patch and farming, a lot of time is spent solo.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #3232 on: March 24, 2020, 10:37:20 pm »
I've heard that no one should be getting flu shot right now. That getting the flu shot depresses the immune system and if you get exposed to the Wuhan virus while it is depressed you're more likely to get seriously sick.

I saw some blurb about this but can't find a link. I'm a bit suspicious as I've never heard that the influenza vaccine depresses the immune system. I'd also like to know things like who did the study and what their sampling size was, etc. :shrug:

Personally I'v found that some of those that are comparing COVID-19 to influenza and being outrage over the # of influenza deaths are some of the same people who are in the anti-vax camp and not likely to get the vaccine for COVID-19 when it comes out.  **nononono*
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3233 on: March 24, 2020, 10:49:04 pm »
When I received the first census demand I completed it that same day via the Internet. That was at least several days ago. And yesterday I received a second notice to do it... What?

Same here.  I threw my second notice out.  Not doing it twice. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3234 on: March 24, 2020, 10:55:36 pm »

I have no idea how such data can be gathered with any reliability.

San Bernardino County near you is the largest in the lower 48. Much of it sparsely populated, part of it  fairly densely populated in the wide Lost Angeles metro area.

That county portrays my father's law of statistics "the average person, has one tit, and one testicle" Ever heard a college grad that he learned that in university years?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #3235 on: March 24, 2020, 10:56:21 pm »
I saw some blurb about this but can't find a link. I'm a bit suspicious as I've never heard that the influenza vaccine depresses the immune system. I'd also like to know things like who did the study and what their sampling size was, etc. :shrug:

Personally I'v found that some of those that are comparing COVID-19 to influenza and being outrage over the # of influenza deaths are some of the same people who are in the anti-vax camp and not likely to get the vaccine for COVID-19 when it comes out.  **nononono*
By the time a vaccine comes out for this coronavirus, it is likely that a vast portion of the population will have been exposed. I honestly believe treatment will have been refined by that point, and a vaccine will be more or less moot. YMMV.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #3236 on: March 24, 2020, 10:57:13 pm »
I have no idea how such data can be gathered with any reliability.

San Bernardino County near you is the largest in the lower 48. Much of it sparsely populated, part of it  fairly densely populated in the wide Lost Angeles metro area.

That county portrays my father's law of statistics "the average person, has one tit, and one testicle" Ever heard a college grad that he learned that in university years?
And one ovary...

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3237 on: March 24, 2020, 11:08:13 pm »
Pennsylvania:
...   The number of statewide cases increased by 207 overnight, taking the total number of them to 851, affecting 40 counties and including four new deaths, the state Health Department said.

"We expect to see these numbers to continue to increase every day, state Health Department Secretary Rachel Levine said during a livestream update on the illness Tuesday afternoon. "It remains a public health crisis."

Levine said there isn't a treatment for COVID-19 other than drinking fluids, taking acetaminophen for fever, staying at home and resting.  ...
source

Is that all the doctors in Pennsylvania are doing?

BTW, just for the fun of it, here's "Rachel":

Yeah, he's a guy, so ....
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #3238 on: March 24, 2020, 11:22:19 pm »
At present, doctors are permitted to prescribe Chloroquine off-label (= for other than it's approved use). So Health Department Secretary Rachel Levine is technically correct but factually less than correct. It's a "definition of 'is'" thingy.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3239 on: March 24, 2020, 11:37:03 pm »
At present, doctors are permitted to prescribe Chloroquine off-label (= for other than it's approved use). So Health Department Secretary Rachel Levine is technically correct but factually less than correct. It's a "definition of 'is'" thingy.

She doesn't want to be accused of telling people to drink Drano.
I will NOT comply.

« Reply #3240 on: March 24, 2020, 11:40:41 pm »
BTW, just for the fun of it, here's "Rachel":

Yeah, he's a guy, so ....
Married? or just hasn't found the right... :pondering:...*hmmmm*...*bouche*...  888what

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #3241 on: March 24, 2020, 11:48:13 pm »
Married? or just hasn't found the right... :pondering:...*hmmmm*...*bouche*...  888what
Sorry, but I'm a mite skeptical of health information from the apparently gender confused.
Hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil) and Azithromycin (Zithromax) have apparently shown some serious potential as a treatment for COVID-19 when used together, but there isn't much in the MSM.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/therapeutic-options.html

Remdesivir is also being tested

Underlying conditions which cause vulnerability to the disease are noted here (worth a read):

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/underlying-conditions.html

C S Lewis

« Reply #3242 on: March 25, 2020, 08:27:29 am »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-policy/2020/03/24/trump-coronavirus-congress-economic-stimulus/

Senate, White House reach $2 trillion stimulus deal to blunt coronavirus fallout

This article is free...

The legislation, unprecedented in its size and scope, aims to flood the economy with capital by sending $1,200 checks to many Americans, creating a $367 billion loan program for small businesses and setting up a $500 billion fund for industries, cities and states.

Other provisions include a massive boost to unemployment insurance, $150 billion for state and local stimulus funds and $130 billion for hospitals.

McConnell said the Senate would pass the legislation later Wednesday. With the House out of session, action there could take longer, depending on whether lawmakers can agree to pass the bill by “unanimous consent,” which would require agreement from all members of the chamber.

Tuesday began with all parties predicting a deal would be imminent, along with a vote by Tuesday evening. But as the hours dragged on multiple disputes arose and legislative language required close review.

Finally, as midnight neared Tuesday, the pace of shuttle diplomacy picked up on the second floor of the Capitol, as Mnuchin, White House legislative affairs director Eric Ueland and newly named White House chief of staff, Rep. Mark Meadows (R-N.C.), met alternately with McConnell and Schumer, who was in frequent contact with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.).

More at link...

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #3243 on: March 25, 2020, 10:41:50 am »

Coronavirus: Prince Charles tests positive for COVID-19

Clarence House said: "The Prince of Wales has tested positive for Coronavirus.

"He has been displaying mild symptoms but otherwise remains in good health and has been working from home throughout the last few days as usual.

"The Duchess of Cornwall has also been tested but does not have the virus. In accordance with Government and medical advice, the Prince and the Duchess are now self-isolating at home in Scotland.

"The tests were carried out by the NHS in Aberdeenshire where they met the criteria required for testing.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-prince-charles-tests-positive-for-covid-19-11963363

Breaking
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I will NOT comply.