Author Topic: BREAKING>>GAO finds Trump administration broke law by withholding aid from Ukraine  (Read 2363 times)

Offline mountaineer

But... as we've discovered over the years.... it's only "illegal" if you don't happen to be a card-carrying commie Democrat.  Otherwise it (anything) is perfectly OK.
Trying to remember how many times any member of Congress called for impeachment of Obammy.
Seven Times the GAO Found the Obama Administration Violated Federal Law
Joel B. Pollak
16 Jan 2020

Democrats and journalists were excited Thursday when the Government Accountability Office (GAO) released a legal opinion that the White House Office of Management and Budget (OMB) had violated the Impoundment Control Act by withholding congressionally appropriated aid to Ukraine last summer.

The non-binding opinion was disputed by the OMB, which released a memo last month arguing that the “programmatic” delay sought to fulfill, not oppose, congressional intent. ...

Though the GAO works for Congress, it is not the finder of fact in impeachment cases. Moreover, it is not even clear that the Impoundment Control Act is constitution.

Nevertheless, if a mere GAO finding is sufficient to justify impeachment, then President Barack Obama ought to have been impeached at least seven times over for each of the following cases in which the GAO found that the Obama administration had violated federal law.  ...
Article at Breitbart goes on to list and explain the seven instances
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Looks like he broke the law.

When I was 16 I broke the law by parking too close to a pole.  It cost me $3.50, which is $3.50 more than the fine for the law y'all claim Trump broke and therefore must be Impeached, ASAP.  Crimes are in progress, I've heard.  I guess I can't be a politician now....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
link to quote please

Well ok...

The special counsel found that Russia did interfere with the election, but “did not find that the Trump campaign, or anyone associated with it, conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in these efforts, despite multiple efforts from Russian-affiliated individuals to assist the Trump campaign.”

As far as obstruction, the Mueller report laid out facts on both sides but did not reach a conclusion. Barr’s letter said that “the Special Counsel states that ‘while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him.’”

But Barr said that he and Rosenstein "have concluded that the evidence developed during the Special Counsel's investigation is not sufficient to establish that the President committed an obstruction-of-justice offense."

https://www.americanbar.org/news/abanews/aba-news-archives/2019/03/mueller-concludes-investigation/
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
The most clear-cut of those violations is the Bergdahl deal, because that came directly from Obama himself, and there isn't any question that it violated the law.  The only response is "well yes, we broke the law, but we thought it was a good move so we did it anyway."  Obama very clearly did not notify Congress as required because he was afraid of the political blowback.  But being afraid that Congress and the American people might (with justification in this case) object to a prisoner exchange is not a valid excuse for ignoring the law.

Online roamer_1

When I was 16 I broke the law by parking too close to a pole.

Wait! There are laws against parking too close to Polish people??

How weird is that?

:tongue2:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

How weird is that?

I know, right?  I thought it was OK, as long as I didn't actually run them down... :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

How weird is that?

You have to Czech on such things. Every municipality is different.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

You have to Czech on such things. Every municipality is different.

Ukraine your neck to make sure you're not too close...

Online roamer_1

I know, right?  I thought it was OK, as long as I didn't actually run them down... :shrug:

I always thought so long as you weren't actually parked on their toes...  :whistle:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
As long as you aren't Russian it shouldn't be a problem. Just take a little time.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

But, I'm not gonna be one to Georgia.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EdinVA

Offline skeeter

Oh Crimea river.

Online roamer_1

Oh Crimea river.

Like I'm so Hungary for your approval...   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

@txradioguy

Even Mueller said Trump did nothing wrong.

As far as obstruction, the Mueller report laid out facts on both sides but did not reach a conclusion. Barr’s letter said that “the Special Counsel states that ‘while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him.’”

Thanks for your reply