Author Topic: Ted Cruz Pitches ‘Witness Reciprocity’ for Impeachment Trial  (Read 935 times)

Offline skeeter

It depends on how badly they perceive Rats as over-reaching.  Even Collins choked on what the Rats were selling in the Kavanaugh fiasco.

On the other hand, Murkowski was able to swallow all of it. Romney will swallow it all and ask for seconds.

And who'da thought Mike Lee would in the end be hanging out with these clowns? All that Google cash really talks.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 06:33:49 pm by skeeter »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
On the other hand, Murkowski was able to swallow all of it. Romney will swallow it all and ask for seconds.

And who'da thought Mike Lee would in the end be hanging out with these clowns? All that Google cash really talks.

Lee surprises me.  I guess it took Mittens to "get his mind right?"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Well.... I guess we will see starting on next Tuesday.   Call me a paranoid cynic.... but I have come to trust none of the DC critters to do what they're supposed to do vs. what the deep state wants done.   :shrug:

@XenaLee

Me,either. One of the reasons I trust and support Trump is BECAUSE  he is not a career politician.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Roberts, the already known compromised "Justice", will be presiding over THE most crucial attempted coup in the history of the nation.   

Swell.    9999hair out0000

@XenaLee

Well,Babs Bush is dead now,so I have no idea who his master is,but it ain't likely to be anyone I approve of.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline verga

Roberts, the already known compromised "Justice", will be presiding over THE most crucial attempted coup in the history of the nation.   

Swell.    9999hair out0000
The thing is he really has very little power. His 'rulings" can be overturned by a simple majority of Senators voting. If he is smart he will basically do that if either side objects.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

My understanding on this is the Rat's opening position in this negotiation is they get at least three witnesses, and Trump gets zero witnesses.  They are trying to run the Senate Trial in the same manner as they did the Impeachment Articles in the House, after promising Trump will get his chance to defend himself at trial and not before.

Even Rand Paul is aghast.

What in the world would make McConnell agree to that?  It makes no sense.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
What in the world would make McConnell agree to that?  It makes no sense.

He won't, and Schumer knows that.  Everybody does.  It's his opening posture going in to what he thinks are "negotiations."  That is how he thinks he can get what he wants eventually, it's an ancient bargaining technique.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

He won't, and Schumer knows that.  Everybody does.  It's his opening posture going in to what he thinks are "negotiations."  That is how he thinks he can get what he wants eventually, it's an ancient bargaining technique.

I have a great admiration for Mitch McConnell.  I think he has an unparalleled political acumen and I know he will not let himself to be thrown under the bus to protect the President.  I doubt many Democrats would say it but I believe Speaker McConnell will preside over a fair trial.

Online libertybele

I have a great admiration for Mitch McConnell.  I think he has an unparalleled political acumen and I know he will not let himself to be thrown under the bus to protect the President.  I doubt many Democrats would say it but I believe Speaker McConnell will preside over a fair trial.

It is Roberts that will preside over the proceedings. As for McConnell, I have little faith in the Turtle.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Reciprocity.  I like that word.  It just rolls off your tongue like a phlegm filled loogie before you spit it at a demorat.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

It is Roberts that will preside over the proceedings. As for McConnell, I have little faith in the Turtle.
Thank you for correcting me.  Let me restate "I doubt many Democrats would say it but I believe Speaker McConnell will oversee the scope of the trial rules fairly."

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Thank you for correcting me.  Let me restate "I doubt many Democrats would say it but I believe Speaker McConnell will oversee the scope of the trial rules fairly."

"Majority Leader McConnell."  I'm thinking he will, too.   :beer:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hoodat

Considering that this is not a legal issue but purely a political one, I don't believe McConnell is going to let House Democrats railroad him.  As much as I despise him, he does know how to play politics effectively.  He has been downright brilliant in getting judicial vacancies filled with Conservatives.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

:beer:  Yes! Yes!  Time for another.   :beer:

Offline skeeter

Judging by his recent statements from the floor of the Senate, I’m inclined to agree. He knows what racket is being run here, and has made it plain he knows.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Judging by his recent statements from the floor of the Senate, I’m inclined to agree. He knows what racket is being run here, and has made it plain he knows.

He has been all along.  He's playing it cool, because he can.  He seems to know he's been dealt a strong hand by Pelosi.
I will NOT comply.