Author Topic: Did We Just Hear Three Democratic Candidates Talk About Reducing Deficit and Debt?  (Read 343 times)

rangerrebew

Did We Just Hear Three Democratic Candidates Talk About Reducing Deficit and Debt?
What is this, 2008?

Matt Welch | 1.14.2020 11:20 PM

Most moments in Democratic presidential debates this cycle can be classified in one of three ways: 1) Let's raise all the taxes! 2) Let's spend all the money! Or 3) Let's squabble endlessly over the dreamy-time details of the tax/spending increases on Medicare for All. That, and whatever stupid slap fights the moderators want to egg on.

So color me flabbergasted that not one but two of the six candidates on stage tonight, Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D–Minn.) and South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg said—out loud, even—that they intend to reduce the deficit. Klobuchar, who used to make noises about deficit hawkery back when George W. Bush was president, went first, asking viewers to check out her plan online. And here it is!

https://reason.com/2020/01/14/did-we-just-hear-three-democratic-candidates-talk-about-reducing-deficit-and-debt/?fbclid=IwAR1kkIg9FLlZfITcn_u0MEBLVxN6c0fPgNr3LsteFDpUpdWviBH33p4m6BY

rangerrebew

Their global warming policies alone would drive the budget totally out of control.  More lies. :#@$%:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Both parties, "talk"

The usual result, a standoff then settlement, with increased deficits to cover both Guns and Butter

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online DB

We are way past managing debt... The long term destruction continues unabated with absolutely no one actually doing anything about it.

Offline LMAO

It wasn’t that long ago when then candidate Trump had a “plan” to reduce the deficit and debt in eight years
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline roamer_1

We are way past managing debt... The long term destruction continues unabated with absolutely no one actually doing anything about it.

By design, I think... Neither side wants the strict austerity it would take to actually turn this thing around.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
"Did We Just Hear Three Democratic Candidates Talk About Reducing Deficit and Debt?"

"No, you just heard Three Democratic Candidates LIE About Reducing Deficit and Debt."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
It wasn’t that long ago when then candidate Trump had a “plan” to reduce the deficit and debt in eight years
And they said Trump wasn’t a politician I called BS on that the second I heard it....... both the politician part and cutting the deficit. We elect Presidents not kings or Monarchs no matter what the dims say about Kennedy or Barry.

Offline LMAO

Whenever somebody running for office says “I have a plan for…”  I  instinctively cringe
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

Well, obviously that did go as planned.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I wouldn't believe any democrat-communist regarding "the debt".
Not a word from any of 'em.

Offline roamer_1

I wouldn't believe any democrat-communist regarding "the debt".
Not a word from any of 'em.

Me neither. The difference is, I don't believe the Republicans either.