Author Topic: SICK LIBERAL Librarian Wants To GET RID OF ALL BOOKS For An Absolutely HATEFUL Reason!  (Read 908 times)

rangerrebew

SICK LIBERAL Librarian Wants To GET RID OF ALL BOOKS For An Absolutely HATEFUL Reason!

January 14, 2020

Libraries are the greatest thing in the world, even with the advent of electronic reading devices.

Tell you why. When I was younger I lived in a small town and there wasn’t a whole heck of a lot to do, even in the summer. My parents, while they went to work during the day, that I would likely be at one of three or four places. One of them was a library.

The reason that place was so sacred to me and many others is that it was a place where you could learn something at your own pace and at your own interest. You didn’t have to worry about anything other than the pages in front of you. Libraries are supposed to be sacred buildings, not unlike a church if I do say so. The fact that the guardians of these precious buildings want to dispose of their books is sickening.

As a librarian at one of the nation’s most prestigious college institutions, Sofia Leung takes her role very seriously.

http://patriotnationpress.com/sick-liberal-librarian-wants-to-get-rid-of-all-books-for-an-absolutely-hateful-reason/?utm_source=Mailer-IDM&utm_medium=email&utm_content=subscriber_id:702396&utm_campaign=1-15%20PNP%20%232

Offline skeeter

At the rate the left is going open, state sanctioned racism is just around the corner.

Online roamer_1

Libraries will soon be gone. A while back there was a big push to throw out the books because of lead in the ink...

It is an undercurrent worth paying mind to...

The thing with electronic copy is that it can be easily edited. And in fact, attempts have been made to have the OS sync local copy with its source... to include deletion if the source is no longer there.

A propagandist's dream.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Libraries will soon be gone. A while back there was a big push to throw out the books because of lead in the ink...

It is an undercurrent worth paying mind to...

The thing with electronic copy is that it can be easily edited. And in fact, attempts have been made to have the OS sync local copy with its source... to include deletion if the source is no longer there.

A propagandist's dream.

One of the first Kindle books to receive the edit treatment was....George Orwell's 1984
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline dfwgator

"It's not Fascism, when we do it!"

Online roamer_1

One of the first Kindle books to receive the edit treatment was....George Orwell's 1984.

Now there's some irony for you!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline andy58-in-nh

“Library collections continue to promote and proliferate whiteness with their very existence and the fact that they are physically taking up space in our libraries.”

Sadly, it only gets worse from there:

“If you look at any United States library’s collection, especially those in higher education institutions, most of the collections (books, journals, archival papers, other media, etc.) are written by white dudes writing about white ideas, white things, or ideas, people, and things they stole from POC and then claimed as white property..."     

This is pure, unadulterated, high-test racism (and sexism) thoroughly marinated in identity politics and hatred.  And it is the dominant opinion in today's college  faculty lounges. Soon to be the only opinion.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I read about this nutjob back in april.

The author, librarian Sofia Leung, works at MIT and has a full-on identity politics sense of her work. She envisions her life mission as “the struggle against white supremacy, white fragility, structural and systemic racism, and sexism and all the –isms.”

After President Donald Trump was elected in November 2016, she wrote a blog post that began: “Dear Well-Intentioned White People, Perhaps the recent election results have you shocked and suddenly aware of how much your privilege has shielded you from the racist audacity of your fellow white people.”

This is the commentator that Library Journal chose to highlight. When the journal’s tweet went out, the reaction was swift and voluminous. Rejections and denunciations poured in, drowning out the relatively few expressions of support.

When she objected in her blog post to the fact that the books in libraries in the United States “are written mostly by straight white men,” one had to wonder about the sanity of someone complaining that most authors are heterosexual, not homosexual. The Centers for Disease Control set the LGBT population at only 3 percent of the population. To regret that LGBT authors are massively outnumbered by straight authors is to lose touch with reality.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline PeteS in CA

1. Be aware that the OP article site is likely to open one or more pop-up ads.

2. The female's point is that the "wrong" books are in libraries, not that all books should be banned/destroyed/whatevered.

3. This is not news. The female penned her blogpost in April, 2019, https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/04/18/sofia-leung-library-collections-continue-to-promote-and-proliferate-whiteness-with-their-very-existence/ . Her actual blogpost is now only viewable by subscribers (I tried).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline musiclady

1. Be aware that the OP article site is likely to open one or more pop-up ads.

2. The female's point is that the "wrong" books are in libraries, not that all books should be banned/destroyed/whatevered.

3. This is not news. The female penned her blogpost in April, 2019, https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/04/18/sofia-leung-library-collections-continue-to-promote-and-proliferate-whiteness-with-their-very-existence/ . Her actual blogpost is now only viewable by subscribers (I tried).

Thanks for that info, @PeteS in CA

The whole story is helpful.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
See The Twilight Zone
Season 2, episode 65:
"The Obsolete Man"

Watch it here:
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6ywhne

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Well, d@mnit! If they don't hurry up and burn the books, there won't be any left!

Kindle that!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
This really upsets me. I don’t care what her politics are, she’s a librariarian!!!

Shades of “Fahrenheit 451”, no?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 11:54:12 am by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Victoria33

One of the first Kindle books to receive the edit treatment was....George Orwell's 1984.
@Cyber Liberty
@mystery-ak

Yes, 1984, that is what I thought when I read this article.
People think we have control over what is in our house - that is not true.  The government now controls our TVs.  They can turn it off so it never comes on again, or they can turn it on, if it is off, to talk to us through the TV.   That is 1984.

Government and law enforcement can find you if you have your phone with you.  That is 1984.

I don't like phones - you get calls, stop what you are doing and answer.  I turn the sound off so I won't hear it ring - then later, I'll check it to see if someone important left a message and call them if I need to. 

I am like Mark Twain, who wrote "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer", hated mail, would not open and read it.  He said if the mail was important, the sender could come see him.

I am like Albert Einstein - he hated to make decisions about what to wear, so, he bought a bunch of suits exactly alike, all shirts alike, all shoes alike, all ties alike.  No matter what he grabbed out of the closet, they were all alike, did not have to make a decision.
When I was working and even now, a hanger has all the clothes that go together to make that ensemble.  I look at the hangers and take the one out I want right then.  Don't have to look for individual pieces that will go together. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I don't like phones - you get calls, stop what you are doing and answer.  I turn the sound off so I won't hear it ring - then later, I'll check it to see if someone important left a message and call them if I need to.

That's why I tell people I prefer texts.  They are the 21st Century equivalent of Post-It Notes:  It's how busy people communicate with other busy people.  Now that I'm retired, I'm not busy most days but I still prefer texting because phone calls require me to drop everything to talk to somebody calling, usually robocalls these days.

I am like Mark Twain, who wrote "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer", hated mail, would not open and read it.  He said if the mail was important, the sender could come see him.

I am like Albert Einstein - he hated to make decisions about what to wear, so, he bought a bunch of suits exactly alike, all shirts alike, all shoes alike, all ties alike.  No matter what he grabbed out of the closet, they were all alike, did not have to make a decision.
When I was working and even now, a hanger has all the clothes that go together to make that ensemble.  I look at the hangers and take the one out I want right then.  Don't have to look for individual pieces that will go together.

Back when I was married to my ex, I did all my own laundry and I folded my work clothes the way you hang yours.  I'd just grab a pre-assembled twill package and go.  One time I had to go out to do it, somebody I knew saw me, and was astonished I had a bunch of identical clothes.  I guess they thought I wore the same clothes every day. 

I still do laundry.  We got a really nice washer and dryer for the Castle.
I will NOT comply.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Back when I was married to my ex, I did all my own laundry and I folded my work clothes the way you hang yours.  I'd just grab a pre-assembled twill package and go.  One time I had to go out to do it, somebody I knew saw me, and was astonished I had a bunch of identical clothes.  I guess they thought I wore the same clothes every day. 

Back in high school we had a teacher who wore same suit everyday.  We thought he only had one.  Turns out he had a closet full of Identical suits.  Senior year we asked him about it.  He said one winter when he was just starting his teaching career (back before electricity) he grabbed a mismatch suit and pants and didn't realize it till he was at school and took off his overcoat.  He was so embarrassed he just bought the same suits from then on.   

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online roamer_1

[...] grabbed a mismatch suit and pants and didn't realize it till he was at school and took off his overcoat.  He was so embarrassed he just bought the same suits from then on.

Blue jeans, t-shirts, white socks if socks. Flannel shirts when applicable. I have never matched a single damn thing in my whole life. I don't even begin to speak that language. Isn't necessary unless there's a woman involved, and then you are better off to let her figger it out.

word.