Author Topic: Parents Challenge ‘Radical’ LGBT Curriculum in New Jersey Schools  (Read 543 times)

rangerrebew

Parents Challenge ‘Radical’ LGBT Curriculum in New Jersey Schools

Kevin Mooney   January 13, 2020 

TRENTON, N.J.—Parents are plenty angry about a New Jersey law that requires LGBT material to be incorporated into public school classroom instruction.

The parents say they are concerned the new law will “teach lifestyles and life choices that stand 100% against our family values.” They object to their tax dollars being used for what they call an “assault on religious liberty.”

And they say a special interest group helping develop curriculum for the new requirements has a “radical agenda” that could jeopardize the health and safety of children.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2020/01/13/parents-challenge-radical-lgbt-curriculum-in-new-jersey-schools/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=parents-challenge-radical-lgbt-curriculum-in-new-jersey-schools?utm_source=TDS_Email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=MorningBell&

Offline roamer_1

I flat would not put my kid in public school these days. And if I had it to do over again, mine would have been home schooled. I consider that to be a big mistake in my life.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
It's unclear what "radical" agenda is sought to be promoted,  but a couple of things seem clear:

1.  None of this stuff is going to turn a straight person gay, or a gay person straight.   That's how God made you. 

2.  What needs to be taught in schools are sound sexual values, whether gay or straight.  A sexual relationship means the taking on of responsibility, it is not just the mere rubbing of body parts.  Stay faithful to your partner and practice sex safely and with knowledge of the potential consequences. 

3.   There is widespread bigotry directed both towards gays wishing to be who they are, and religious folks wishing to observe their faith.   The lesson to be taught to both "sides" is tolerance and respect for differences.   As MLK said,  we should judge each other based on the content of our individual characters.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline roamer_1

It's unclear what "radical" agenda is sought to be promoted,  but a couple of things seem clear:

1.  None of this stuff is going to turn a straight person gay, or a gay person straight.   That's how God made you. 

2.  What needs to be taught in schools are sound sexual values, whether gay or straight.  A sexual relationship means the taking on of responsibility, it is not just the mere rubbing of body parts.  Stay faithful to your partner and practice sex safely and with knowledge of the potential consequences. 

3.   There is widespread bigotry directed both towards gays wishing to be who they are, and religious folks wishing to observe their faith.   The lesson to be taught to both "sides" is tolerance and respect for differences.   As MLK said,  we should judge each other based on the content of our individual characters.   

What should be taught in schools should be left entirely in the hands of the local community. The PTA has been made null. a laughingstock.

THE PARENTS have every right as to what to teach the child.

Offline libertybele

What should be taught in schools should be left entirely in the hands of the local community. The PTA has been made null. a laughingstock.

THE PARENTS have every right as to what to teach the child.

Members of the district school board are voted on by the parents.  Yes, the parents should have the final say what their children are taught, but that shipped sailed long ago.  Each school is required to meet certain standardized tests set by the State that they reside in.  The school board oversees and makes sure that each school meets those requirements. Preparation for those tests are taught in class -- that is the curriculum that is taught.  I know several school teachers and much of their time is spent prepping for those standardized tests. 

The school board also decides if God, religion, the Pledge, Sharia law, etc., are allowed in the schools.  So until the liberal mindset and agenda is largely objected to by parents in mass, liberal indoctrination inflicted on our kids will continue.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

Members of the district school board are voted on by the parents.  Yes, the parents should have the final say what their children are taught, but that shipped sailed long ago.  Each school is required to meet certain standardized tests set by the State that they reside in.  The school board oversees and makes sure that each school meets those requirements. Preparation for those tests are taught in class -- that is the curriculum that is taught.  I know several school teachers and much of their time is spent prepping for those standardized tests. 

The school board also decides if God, religion, the Pledge, Sharia law, etc., are allowed in the schools.  So until the liberal mindset and agenda is largely objected to by parents in mass, liberal indoctrination inflicted on our kids will continue.

Right. I get it. Hence my former assertion. I would not put my kids in public school today, and I am sorry that I did back then.

Offline mountaineer

If you don't want your children or grandchildren in public schools, you also might consider not letting them watch PBS:
‘Sesame Street’ To Feature Cross-Dressing Gay Entertainer For Impressionable Preschoolers
Watching a cross-dressing gay man interact with their favorite TV characters is sure to affect impressionable young minds.
By Denise Shick
February 6, 2020

The popular TV program “Sesame Street” will soon feature Billy Porter, a cross-dressing homosexual entertainer. According to the Huffington Post. “Billy Porter dusted off his now-iconic velvet tuxedo dress for a forthcoming appearance on ‘Sesame Street.’”

Yes, that fun and often educational children’s TV series that taught you the letters of the alphabet decades ago is now preparing to teach your kids or grandkids that men dressing like women and having intimate relationships with other men is as normal as learning the alphabet —and how to form those alphabet letters into real words, like gay and transgender. ...
More at The Federalist
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org