Author Topic: Boeing Loses Jet-Delivery Crown to Airbus in Record Defeat  (Read 631 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Boeing Loses Jet-Delivery Crown to Airbus in Record Defeat
« on: January 14, 2020, 10:07:23 pm »
Boeing Co. lost the title of world’s largest planemaker as the 737 Max grounding sent the company to its biggest defeat in a 45-year duel with Airbus SE.

Deliveries tumbled to just 380 jetliners last year, Boeing said in a statement Tuesday. That was less than half of Airbus’s tally of 863 planes.

For the first time in at least three decades, Boeing also finished the year with negative net orders by one measure. The gross sales of 246 jets that it garnered were surpassed by those taken off the books due to order conversions, cancellations and an accounting adjustment, Bank of America Corp. analyst Ron Epstein said in a report.

(excerpt...more at:)
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/boeing-loses-jet-delivery-crown-to-airbus-in-record-defeat/ar-BBYWPa1
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Boeing Loses Jet-Delivery Crown to Airbus in Record Defeat
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 11:15:44 pm »
I wouldn't be surprised to see Boeing file for bankruptcy within 5-6 years.

Or... are they "too big to fail"...?

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2020, 06:54:10 am »
No surprise that Airbus overtook Boeing in deliveries and I fully expect it will continue into 2020. Even when the MAX gets the OK to resume flying its going to take some time to ready each airplane to service condition.  Hydraulics need to be flushed, lading gear cycled, in some cases the tires replaced, invites been sitting in one spot too long. But no plane will be returned to service without the full approval of the FAA.
 I work at the Renton plant where the MAX is assembled and have been for 33 years. We should be bumping up from 52 airplanes a month to 57 about now. How sad to see the three lines at stand still,. But I dont blame the mechanics, they are doing a fine job. But our leadership, many who came over from Toyota and  the supply chain taking advantage of Boeing,  that is where I cast the most blame. I just hope we survive this.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2020, 02:39:41 pm »
Entirely self-inflicted.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2020, 11:34:10 pm »
Navy wrote:
"But our leadership, many who came over from Toyota and  the supply chain taking advantage of Boeing,  that is where I cast the most blame. I just hope we survive this."

I think Boeing will survive, but I also believe a bankruptcy is going to happen first, then a restructuring.