Author Topic: House to vote Wednesday on sending articles of impeachment to Senate  (Read 268 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House to vote Wednesday on sending articles of impeachment to Senate
By Cristina Marcos and Scott Wong - 01/14/20 09:48 AM EST

House Democrats plan to vote Wednesday to send the articles of impeachment against President Trump to the Senate, according to sources in a closed-door caucus meeting.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) did not announce at Tuesday morning's House Democratic caucus meeting which lawmakers will serve as prosecutors — also known as impeachment managers — in the Senate trial.

But the resolution slated to hit the House floor on Wednesday is expected to name the impeachment managers.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/478129-house-to-vote-wednesday-on-sending-articles-of-impeachment-to-senate
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: House to vote Wednesday on sending articles of impeachment to Senate
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 03:07:42 pm »
Pelosi had withheld the articles from the Senate in an effort to pressure Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) to agree to terms for an impeachment trial, including whether witnesses can be called.

Well that worked out well for her.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2020, 04:01:35 pm »
Since when did the House require a vote to transmit something to the Senate? 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2020, 04:14:09 pm »
WoW. I don't care who you are. Don't care what political slant you may have. Don't care how you feel about President Trump.

Regardless of all that, it is obvious that the Democrats have tripped off into Bizarro World.
They are going to vote on whether or not to follow the rules of impeachment as they have been for over a hundred years.
Then why even call what they are doing 'impeachment' at all? Seriously.
What they are doing now is some 'new' thing that they are making up as they go. This is no longer an 'impeachment' as it is defined. They are now moving into the territory of 'mutiny' or 'revolt'.

What the Dems are doing is no longer impeachment. They have abrogated and trashed that process. What they are doing now is outside of the Constitution, and outside of any written law.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 04:15:06 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2020, 04:20:27 pm »
WoW. I don't care who you are. Don't care what political slant you may have. Don't care how you feel about President Trump.

Regardless of all that, it is obvious that the Democrats have tripped off into Bizarro World.
They are going to vote on whether or not to follow the rules of impeachment as they have been for over a hundred years.
Then why even call what they are doing 'impeachment' at all? Seriously.
What they are doing now is some 'new' thing that they are making up as they go. This is no longer an 'impeachment' as it is defined. They are now moving into the territory of 'mutiny' or 'revolt'.

What the Dems are doing is no longer impeachment. They have abrogated and trashed that process. What they are doing now is outside of the Constitution, and outside of any written law.
It is down to impotent partisan flailing, and everyone who voted for this farce will wear the stigma of having done so. Now, there are some who will regard that as a merit badge, not a stain, but that's a litmus test in and of itself.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline aligncare

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2020, 04:34:12 pm »
It is down to impotent partisan flailing, and everyone who voted for this farce will wear the stigma of having done so. Now, there are some who will regard that as a merit badge, not a stain, but that's a litmus test in and of itself.

According to some folks here it’s Trump who’s stigmatized and is “impeached forever” by this attempted coup and phony impeachment. They’re wrong, of course but it makes them feel better to think it.

When the history is written by the winner (the re-elected president) the truth will be recorded for all to see.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2020, 04:39:07 pm »
According to some folks here it’s Trump who’s stigmatized and is “impeached forever” by this attempted coup and phony impeachment. They’re wrong, of course but it makes them feel better to think it.

When the history is written by the winner (the re-elected president) the truth will be recorded for all to see.
Yep, Trump has been impeached--what amounts to being charged with some wrongdoing, and on strictly partisan votes by the people who themselves have done wrong to get to this point.

I think this could go down in history as one of the most profound political reversals in History, as the one accused is found not guilty, and the accusers are taken to task for the crimes they, themselves, committed.

If you want to know what the Democrats have done wrong, you need look no farther than what they accuse others of.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2020, 04:43:28 pm »
So I wonder:  Why the vote? What happens of enough Rats decide to vote no? 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2020, 04:46:14 pm »
Yep, Trump has been impeached--what amounts to being charged with some wrongdoing, and on strictly partisan votes by the people who themselves have done wrong to get to this point.

I think this could go down in history as one of the most profound political reversals in History, as the one accused is found not guilty, and the accusers are taken to task for the crimes they, themselves, committed.

If you want to know what the Democrats have done wrong, you need look no farther than what they accuse others of.

:beer:

Democrats are in for a huge FAIL! It couldn’t happen to a more deserving bunch of hypocrites and liars.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2020, 05:00:26 pm »
The democrat party will solidly deserve Anti-America status

terrorists over citizens

illegal immigrants over citizens

liars like Schiff to the forefront

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I will NOT comply.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2020, 01:46:57 am »
aligncare wrote:
"According to some folks here it’s Trump who’s stigmatized and is “impeached forever” by this attempted coup and phony impeachment. They’re wrong, of course but it makes them feel better to think it."

With a bit o' luck, this "impeachment" will do for Mr. Trump what haulin' Alice's garbage away did for Arlo...