Author Topic: NYT Reporter Applauds Iran For Showing ‘More Restraint’ Than U.S.  (Read 550 times)

rangerrebew

NYT Reporter Applauds Iran For Showing ‘More Restraint’ Than U.S.
By Kyle Drennen | January 13, 2020 5:47 PM EST

Appearing on MSNBC Live With Ali Velshi Monday afternoon, New York Times foreign correspondent Rukmini Callimachi slammed the United States as a country that takes action “outside the law,” while praising Iran for supposedly showing “more restraint” amid tensions in the Middle East. 

After Velshi suggested the U.S. killing of leading Iranian terrorist Qasem Soleimani somehow violated international law, Callimachi ranted: “And the perception of America right now, I would say, in the Middle East, is that we act outside the law. I hear this all the time from Iraqis, from Syrians, who do not see a legal process behind what we are doing...”

Source URL: https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/kyle-drennen/2020/01/13/nyt-reporter-applauds-iran-showing-more-restraint-us

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
We fired, what, 2 missiles. How many has Iran fired, so far?

Just NYTpicking, I know.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'll bet the passengers on that Ukraine Airlines flight appreciated Iran's restraint.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
How is shooting down an airliner and 180-plus souls in an act of mendacity or incompetence (take your pick) a sign of "restraint"?
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I'll bet the passengers on that Ukraine Airlines flight appreciated Iran's restraint.

Spot On.

And add all their relatives in the Ukraine, Canada and a few other assorted, and sundry flyover countries.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The "New York Times"...

Is that an American newspaper...?

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

176 witnesses are unavailable for comment.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

I wonder what caused the line in the vegetation the guy in the red jacket is stepping over? (Scroll right to get the right edge of the picture)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 12:46:04 am by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

How does this supposed jounalist overlook past actions by Iran of murder and terrorism showing restraint?

We did not kill Qasem Soleimani because of what he was doing.  We killed him for what he did in the past and acted in order to prevent any future action by him.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I wonder what caused the line in the vegetation the guy in the red jacket is stepping over? (Scroll right to get the right edge of the picture)

Looks like something got moved. Rectangular. Hmm. Something about that pic is a red flag. Can't quite place it. Staged debris?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline DB

It may be a shadow from something outside the frame.

Offline Smokin Joe

Looks like something got moved. Rectangular. Hmm. Something about that pic is a red flag. Can't quite place it. Staged debris?
That's what I am thinking. Maybe a shipping container got taken out of the field. There is no shadow from outside the frame, the grass just stops there. Some sunlight would mean an uneven edge, not a straight line with an apparent 90 degree angle at the end. 

C S Lewis

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Restraint? ...Iran, the same folks that arrested the fellow for daring to post the video that showed them bombing the plane. Yeah, restraint my butt.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline goatprairie

We fired, what, 2 missiles. How many has Iran fired, so far?

Just NYTpicking, I know.
"Just NYTpicking"

I like that.  :yowsa: