Author Topic: Climate Kid Greta Thunberg Demands World Abandon Fossil Fuel Investment ‘RIGHT NOW’  (Read 549 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
The Lid by Joe Newby And Jeff Dunetz | Jan 13, 2020

She Sounds Like Spoiled Teen

In an op-ed published by the Guardian on January 10, teenage climate kid Greta Thunberg, allegedly speaking along with 20 others, demanded the world abandon all investments in fossil fuel exploration and extraction, “right now.”

“We demand that at this year’s forum, participants from all companies, banks, institutions, and governments immediately halt all investments in fossil fuel exploration and extraction, immediately end all fossil fuel subsidies and immediately and completely divest from fossil fuels,” she wrote, referring to an economic forum to be held in Davos.

“We don’t want these things done by 2050, 2030 or even 2021, we want this done now – as in right now,” she added.

Where are the Ompalomahs from Willy Wonka? To take away the demanding child.

She continued:

The world of finance has a responsibility to the planet, the people and all other species living on it. In fact, it ought to be in every company and stakeholder’s interest to make sure the planet they live on will thrive. But history has not shown the corporate world’s willingness to hold themselves accountable. So it falls on us, the children, to do that. We call upon the world’s leaders to stop investing in the fossil fuel economy that is at the very heart of this planetary crisis. Instead, they should invest their money in existing sustainable technologies, research and in restoring nature. Short-term profit should not trump long-term stability of life.

More: https://lidblog.com/climate-kid-greta-thunberg/

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Was that penned by her useless father or her other handler the climate geek, cus no way a mentally ill potato faced kid could do that.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline andy58-in-nh

While I doubt it would make much difference, someone ought to sit this little twit down (along with her manipulative parental units) and patiently explain to her that were her "demand" to be heeded, the result would be a nearly-instant collapse of the global economy, resulting in worldwide famine, starvation, disease and pestilence.   

And then, they might try explaining it to the idiots who comprise the Democrat presidential field.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
So when and where did this pointless pathetic child get her phD in Climatological Science?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
So when and where did this pointless pathetic child get her phD in Climatological Science?

I think she would struggle getting one in Gender Studies. No one wants to employ a gender-ologist.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Polly Ticks

I'm ready for her 10 minutes to be up.

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline PeteS in CA

Bad egg Veruca Thunberg is going to hear a word that, perhaps, she has never heard before, "No!"
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Aussie Lawmaker: Greta And Climate Activists Want To ‘Upend Society’

Climate Change Dispatch by Simon Kent on Jan 14, 2020

https://climatechangedispatch.com/lawmaker-greta-climate-society/

The real concern of environmental activists like Greta Thunberg is not climate change, but to “upend society” and “move away from capitalism,” Australia’s Resources Minister Matt Canavan said Tuesday.

He spoke after the Swedish teenage climate worrier unsuccessfully tried to force the German telecommunications group, Siemens, to drop its role as a contractor for the giant Adani coal mine now being planned for Australia’s north.

Canavan intervened and secured the company to stay and complete railway signaling at the site, but not before he took a passing swipe at the intervention of Thunberg.

Canavan told Sky News in Australia “common sense has once again prevailed,” and said the “likes of Greta Thunberg” claim to be concerned with emissions reduction remains a fallacy.

More at link.