Author Topic: Weed sales in Illinois top $3 million on day one of legalization  (Read 976 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Weed sales in Illinois top $3 million on day one of legalization
By Rebecca Klar - 01/02/20 08:02 PM EST

Weed sales in Illinois topped $3 million on New Year's day, the first day recreational marijuana sales were legal, The Chicago Tribune reported.

The $3.2 million in sales was across 37 dispensaries that started selling recreational weed Wednesday in Illinois, including nine in Chicago, according to the Tribune.

Illinois is the 11th state to legalize recreational weed. Residents may possess up to 30 grams of the dried flower, five grams of cannabis concentrate and 500 milligrams of THC in edibles;  nonresidents may possess half as much.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/476605-weed-sales-in-illinois-top-3-million-on-day-one-of-legalization
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Re: Weed sales in Illinois top $3 million on day one of legalization
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2020, 01:31:56 am »
Recreational cannabis is also fully legal in Alaska, California, Colorado, Maine, Massachusetts, Nevada, Oregon, Washington and Vermont.

I wouldn't consider pot fully legal until you could grow your own and cut out the need for dispensaries.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2020, 01:13:34 pm »
I wouldn't consider pot fully legal until you could grow your own and cut out the need for dispensaries.
Good point.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2020, 01:37:25 pm »
The government is not going to let that revenue stream get away

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2020, 06:31:57 pm »
The government is not going to let that revenue stream get away
One of the biggest arguments for legalization is so the government can tax it and have that revenue.

Considering how well the state is fiscally run, now, I'm sure that's going to put it into the black.

(Oh, yes, that was sarcasm).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2020, 08:26:34 pm »
One of the biggest arguments for legalization is so the government can tax it and have that revenue.

Considering how well the state is fiscally run, now, I'm sure that's going to put it into the black.

(Oh, yes, that was sarcasm).

I saw somewhere someone paid $300 for dope and that included taxes. The state is going to pi** away that money fast. I predict they are going legalize prostitution next.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/