Author Topic: Virginia’s Giddy Gun Controllers  (Read 964 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Virginia’s Giddy Gun Controllers
« on: January 13, 2020, 05:52:01 pm »
https://spectator.org/virginias-giddy-gun-controllers/

Virginia’s Giddy Gun Controllers
Will next Monday’s big protests in Richmond come too late?

by JED BABBIN
January 13, 2020

Closing paragraphs:
On Friday, I spoke to a very good friend who has a business training our police and armed services (even special operations troops) in the tactical use of firearms. He has a federal firearms license and the weapons he uses in his business are, to the extent the law requires, already registered with the federal government. He pays the necessary fees on those weapons to retain the licenses and permits he has.

He believes that the restrictions the Richmond Dems plan to pass will override his federal permits and cause him to move his business and his family to another state.

The disarming of America continues. The Richmond Dems will do their best to emulate Chicago, New York City, California and other jurisdictions that have so severely restricted their citizens’ Second Amendment rights that only police and criminals can easily get guns.

As I wrote last month, the courts are our only hope that the new laws will be tossed out as unconstitutional. I wouldn’t bet a nickel that they will be.

More at URL above...

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Virginia’s Giddy Gun Controllers
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2020, 06:00:08 pm »
The democrat-communists cannot be stopped in Virginia. They know that if they can win in Virginia, they can putsche and win with their gun control agenda just about anywhere.

They have the legislative numbers to force these "laws" through, and they're not going to be denied.
It's what happens afterwards that will make the difference ... or not.

The "sanctuary counties" probably aren't going to matter for long. The dem-coms will go after the most prominent sheriffs/officials in these areas with the specific intention to "make examples" of them for the rest of the state. Are these sheriffs going to resist (by force of arms) the state police and National Guard?

This will be followed with some high-profile raids on individual citizens to further demonstrate that "no one is above the law".

So... how will the citizens who still believe in traditional freedom respond to such acts...?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2020, 06:35:58 pm »
I expect quiet non-conformance.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2020, 06:44:03 pm »
It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace²but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!

Patrick Henry - 23 March 1775, St. John's Church, Richmond, VA
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline verga

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2020, 01:47:40 pm »
The democrat-communists cannot be stopped in Virginia. They know that if they can win in Virginia, they can putsche and win with their gun control agenda just about anywhere.
I disagree They MUST be stopped here

They have the legislative numbers to force these "laws" through, and they're not going to be denied.
It's what happens afterwards that will make the difference ... or not.
Many of them are already sweating that this will be there last term.

The "sanctuary counties" probably aren't going to matter for long. The dem-coms will go after the most prominent sheriffs/officials in these areas with the specific intention to "make examples" of them for the rest of the state. Are these sheriffs going to resist (by force of arms) the state police and National Guard?

This will be followed with some high-profile raids on individual citizens to further demonstrate that "no one is above the law".
On what grounds will they be arrested and who will do it? If they Nationalize the National guard Posse Comitatus goes right out the window and these guys are not going to want to arrest people they will have to live next door to and sit in Church with.
These "laws" may get passed and signed, but will be impossible to enforce.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2020, 02:29:06 pm »

@Fishrrman

I agree this is their agenda,but a better question might be "Will the NG show up,and whose side will they take if they do?"

I suspect that IF the NG shows up at the first incident and there ends up being gunshot victims,the NG won't show up again. Which would lead to the gun grabbers doing what they WANT to do anyhow,and making it a federal case by calling on the President to send the 82nd Abn Division in to help them with their gun confiscations and arrests.

Which means it won't happen if Trump is re-elected,and WILL happen if ANY of the Dim candidates are elected.

The only question that remains after that is "What will the 82nd do after they show up? Will they lead assaults on American homeowners to place the Fascists in charge of Virginia,will they sit in their camps and do nothing,or will they decide to open fire on American citizens,or will they point their weapons at local LEO's?

They may have found out by then that this same realization applies to state officials.

So... how will the citizens who still believe in traditional freedom respond to such acts...?

MY prediction is 95 % will piss and moan,but turn over their weapons,and 5 percent will go berserker when the cops show up at their houses.

I also predict that Va will have a record voter turn-out,and a lot of VA politicians will find themselves out of office. Meanwhile,other states will go nuts trying to confiscate guns themselves because there is NOTHING the ruling classes love more than the idea they are immune from harm by the rabble they rule.

The ONLY thing that can stop this is Trump being re-elected,Period,end of story. There is not ONE single Dim candidate that isn't a gun-grabber,and I just don't see Trump ordering the 82nd Abn to go to VA and suppress the armed citizens so Northam and the other commies can confiscate guns from citizens.

With Trump as President,Northam is stuck with using the Va NG,and that might not work so well for him. If the Va NG refuses to deploy,the guns won't get confiscated and he looks like the fool he is. Even MORE importantly,that sends a message to the citizens and the NG units of other states that THEY don't need to obey confiscation laws,either.

Truth to tell,I honestly think Trump would send in the 82nd Airborne to PROTECT the citizens from the Va police,and order the Va NG to stand down. We could very well see a situation where the 82nd,working WITH the VA NG end up arresting sheriffs and VA politicians until new elections can be held to install new sheriffs and state politicians.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 02:34:07 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2020, 02:41:11 pm »
I expect quiet non-conformance.

@Cyber Liberty

I expect LOUD vocal protest,and then compliance.

Except for old people and younger males from the hill country. Old men have nothing to lose but more years taking meds that make them feel bad,so threatening geezers might not be the "walk in the park" some people might think it is.

As for the so-called "hillbillies",their ancestors moved to the hills because they didn't like having people tell them what to do,and that trait seems to still be alive with most of them. They WILL fight,and they WILL pick up their rifles and come to the aid of their friends and neighbors. Count on it. Assuming of course,the state can get any of the local deputies to point their weapons at anybody but state officials. That's not the sure thing some folks seem to think it will be,either. Local sheriffs ARE "local",and if the time comes they have to either side with state officials in bed with Fascists,or their neighbors and the people who voted them into office,things might not go as smoothly for the Northam side as they think.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 02:42:32 pm by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2020, 02:52:03 pm »
I disagree They MUST be stopped here
 Many of them are already sweating that this will be there last term.
On what grounds will they be arrested and who will do it? If they Nationalize the National guard Posse Comitatus goes right out the window and these guys are not going to want to arrest people they will have to live next door to and sit in Church with.
These "laws" may get passed and signed, but will be impossible to enforce.

@verga

MY prediction is Northam will easily have his way in the medium to large cities. Most of the people there barely know the people living in the apartment or house next to them,and most of them don't own guns and never did. These people will have no trouble at all ratting out their neighbors,co-workers,or any inlaw they know that has guns they didn't turn in. Especially if there is a reward.

This is just not true of rural areas. Everybody has known everybody else for generations,and they have a history of going to help a neighbor in need,even if they don't like that neighbor and ordinarily wouldn't even nod at them in passing.

You surround just ONE farm in a rural county and open fire,and you are dead meat temporarily walking. You will only live for as long as it takes his relatives and neighbors to load their guns and show up. This might change when you hit the mid-west and the "corporate farm" territory or the Va "horse farm" territory outside of DC that is polluted with yankee Dims,but in the rest of the Smokey Mountain area,you ain't going to enjoy what happens to you.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2020, 03:05:13 pm »
Northam expected to ban firearms from Capitol grounds ahead of large gun-rights rally
https://www.fredericksburg.com/news/government-politics/northam-expected-to-ban-firearms-from-capitol-grounds-ahead-of/article_dcad5bf9-271b-50e4-b683-496df5f4df77.html

Gov. Ralph Northam is expected Wednesday to impose a ban on firearms in Capitol Square, days before a rally Monday to oppose gun control legislation that is expected to draw tens of thousands of gun-rights supporters to Richmond.

The Associated Press, citing two state officials it said were briefed on Northam’s plans, reported that Northam will declare a temporary emergency barring all weapons from Capitol Square.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2020, 03:06:34 pm »
They voted for Democrats, what did they expect?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2020, 03:08:36 pm »
Gov. Ralph Northam is expected Wednesday to impose a ban on firearms in Capitol Square, days before a rally Monday to oppose gun control legislation that is expected to draw tens of thousands of gun-rights supporters to Richmond.

The Associated Press, citing two state officials it said were briefed on Northam’s plans, reported that Northam will declare a temporary emergency barring all weapons from Capitol Square.

Now let's see if he can enforce it.