Author Topic: Junior sailor and her husband arrested for allegedly assaulting would-be thieves with baseball bat  (Read 718 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Navy Times by Geoff Ziezulewicz 1/14/2020

A junior sailor and her husband were arrested last week after police said they lured would-be thieves onto their property and then attacked them with a baseball bat.

The alleged assaults occurred last year at the couple’s prior residence in Visalia, a town about 35 miles east of the Navy base.

They began in July, lasted through November and “were posted by the suspects on YouTube,” according to a police statement.

“In the videos, it appears as if the suspects planted a bicycle in the front yard of their residence, unsecured, and waited for someone to try and steal the bicycle,” police said. “Once someone tried to steal the bike, the suspects would rush from the house and assault the individual with a baseball bat.”

More: https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2020/01/14/junior-sailor-and-her-husband-arrested-for-allegedly-assaulting-would-be-thieves-with-baseball-bat/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
So four different people on four occasions tried to steal a bike out of their yard, and they attacked them with a baseball bat for trying to steal their stuff.

When do they get their medals?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Don't steal my shit and you will not git the shit beat out of you.   It is a rule. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Don't steal my shit and you will not git the shit beat out of you.   It is a rule.
Don't post video of it is the other rule...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline PeteS in CA

Sounds like a police department and DA's office that weren't pursuing property theft are POed at citizens who crafted their own sting. In my dreams, this couple would be aggressively defended and insist on a jury trial in which their attorney would push back on the subject of property crime solutions and prosecutions.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Navy Times by Geoff Ziezulewicz 1/14/2020

“In the videos, it appears as if the suspects planted a bicycle in the front yard of their residence, unsecured, and waited for someone to try and steal the bicycle,” police said. “Once someone tried to steal the bike, the suspects would rush from the house and assault the individual with a baseball bat.”

@Elderberry

Ok,so what is wrong with that? Should they have been using a skeet gun instead of a baseball bat?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Good rule.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Yes thieves are the scum of the earth. My son had his bike stolen from our front yard. The laws though are very sticky on defending property. They were not defending their persons. The thieves could claim they saw the bike and was just going to roll it to their door and ask them if they knew who left it. But they were attacked. The homeowners cannot claim self defense. Now in Texas, but only at night, you can shoot to kill to prevent the taking of your property by thieves. You can even chase them off your property and down the street and then shoot them so they don't get away with your property. If they drop your property and continue running away, you no longer have the right to kill them.

Offline dfwgator

First Rule of Fight Club....