Author Topic: The Spy Museum Is Now Planning To Overhaul Its Controversial Torture Exhibit  (Read 286 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Who knew? A Spy museum in DC. I didn't.

The Spy Museum Is Now Planning To Overhaul Its Controversial Torture Exhibit

buzzfeednews.com · by Emma Loop and Jason Leopold Reporting From Washington, DC

The museum intends to implement changes to the exhibit by March after it faced widespread criticism for playing down the brutality of the CIA's torture program.

WASHINGTON - The International Spy Museum is working on sweeping changes to its controversial torture exhibit following backlash from lawmakers, national security and human rights experts, and former intelligence officials.

Last month, three Democrats on the Senate Intelligence Committee  wrote to the museum, accusing it of "sanitizing" the CIA's torture program and requesting information about proposed changes to the exhibit, BuzzFeed News first  reported. In 2014, the committee released an  executive summary of a classified report concluding that the Bush-era program failed to produce "unique" or "valuable" intelligence and that the CIA misled lawmakers about the program's effectiveness.

Read more at: https://myemail.constantcontact.com/The-Spy-Museum-Is-Now-Planning-To-Overhaul-Its-Controversial-Torture-Exhibit.html?soid=1114009586911&aid=nT927DE3OG8

Photo from Counterpunch, leftist rag,

Article posted by David Maxwell of the Foundation for Developing Democracies, conservative outfit. What is this that he posts these articles to "Constant Contact", I hadn't heard much from them for years.

I'd almost think this was an onion story but it appears to be true.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 04:26:41 pm by TomSea »