Author Topic: Iran’s mullahs are right to be rattled about what is unfolding on the streets of Tehran  (Read 291 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Iran’s mullahs are right to be rattled about what is unfolding on the streets of Tehran | Coffee House
David Patrikarakos and Rashad Ali

On the streets of Tehran the real story from inside the Islamic Republic is being written. And Iran’s Mullahs are worried. The people are rioting, as they have for the last year. And as commentators struggle to project their own views onto Iranians, Iranians themselves are finally making their voices heard.

Events following the assassination of Qassem Soleimani has shown us the ability of some Western commentators to make any drama in the region about themselves. As each stage of the crisis has developed, they have assured us of impending consequences that suit their own agendas rather than any reality on the ground.

We were told that Soleimani’s killing would bring war to the region, as if Soleimani had not already been inflicting war on the Syrian people.

Read more at: https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2020/01/irans-mullahs-are-right-to-be-rattled-about-what-is-unfolding-on-the-streets-of-tehran/

These articles can be merged into the "Iran III" thread later, maybe an "Iran IV" thread will even be in order, the protests....

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I remain stunned at the courage of the Iranian people. NOBODY knows better than they what happens to Iranians that stand out as opponents of the Mullahs than them,yet here they are,out in the streets with sign,shouting slogans designed to tear the leadership down.

And almost all are doing it with their faces clearly showing. That takes courage,I don't care who you are or how high your standards are.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I've been following those protests in Iran for some time, they've mowed down at least, around 1500 in the last 3 months of 2019. @sneakypete

It really speaks volumes of their government.

And probably why we shouldn't just take for granted that this was an "unintentional" shoot down, it probably is but should be proven so.

I agree, they show great bravery and almost ditto with the protests in Iraq which "experts" would say are being quelled by Iran too, the repression is not as bad but still, pretty bad.....

In China or rather Hong Kong, I guess, a lot of the protesters have been arrested,  this is something else in Iran.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I've been following those protests in Iran for some time, they've mowed down at least, around 1500 in the last 3 months of 2019. @sneakypete

In China or rather Hong Kong, I guess, a lot of the protesters have been arrested,  this is something else in Iran.

@TomSea

IIRC,the last time there were protests against the government in China,the government arrested most of the protest leaders,and then quietly executed once once everybody stopped paying attention. Remember the famous guy that stood still and stopped the tank? He was one of them.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!