Author Topic: Democrat says Second Amendment supporters in Virginia have 'mental issues'  (Read 381 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
A Virginia state senator called Second Amendment supporters "little kids" at a public meeting over the weekend as tensions between gun rights activists boil over in the state.

Sen. Dave Marsden, who supports Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg, is an advocate of proposed gun control legislation and is part of the Democratic majority in the Virginia General Assembly. Instead of apologizing for the insensitive remarks, Marsden called Second Amendment supporters "mentally ill" in a letter he sent following a meeting with constituents.

Mornings on the Mall host Mary Walter read part of Marsden's letter on-air and asked him to comment.

"Too many of your members and other 2A supporters appear to have mental health issues," Walter quoted.

"A significant number of these things were indicative of very unstable people, and this is worrisome," replied Marsden. "The responses I was getting were from people who showed signs of having mental health difficulties."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/democrat-says-second-amendment-supporters-in-virginia-have-mental-issues

WTF?   and this guy was elected by the state of VA?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
This guy sounds like a big fan of Joe Stalin and the Soviet 'we think you're crazy, go to the gulag' system of govt.
The Republic is lost.

Offline EdinVA

So, during the 70's and 80's I was a baby killer by civilians, reckless by banks.
In the 90's I was an MSP, then we moved on to cracker.
Then we moved to racist and misogynist and graduated to a deplorable.
Now the Dems agree with my kids that I am crazy...
And I am supposed to vote for these people.... lol

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

The Dems are laying the foundation of how to effectively disarm us.

First, put in place laws that make is more difficult for the 'mentally ill' to possess weapons.  The definition of mentally ill will be the key and defined by them.

Second, target anyone who wishes to protect themselves with weapons by labeling them mentally ill.

Soon none but the liberal elites will own any guns.

This is an emotional process, and they will heavily court women who tend to be more emotional to support the process.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington