Author Topic: David Brooks: 'Trump Has Made Us All Stupid'  (Read 5935 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: David Brooks: 'Trump Has Made Us All Stupid'
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2020, 03:34:11 pm »
Maybe, but when it moves to calling other people stupid there's a line crossed.  I already know how stupid I am.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2020, 04:29:33 pm »
He needs to start pointing the finger at his mama for making poor choices.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2020, 04:38:57 pm »
OK, resent it.  Got an issue go to the author of the article.  I think Trump makes me look stupid when I support his decision and then doesn't actually do it.
Just support the decision, deride the lack of action on it. There is no shame nor embarrassment in supporting a good idea, even if it does not come to fruition.

Simple enough.

That's why I have adopted a wait and see attitude, and support the actions he has taken which I think are right, and dislike the actions which I find fault with.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2020, 04:43:12 pm »
Brooks was long a supporter of John McCain;...Brooks has frequently expressed admiration for President Barack Obama.
In a March 2007 article published in The New York Times titled "No U-Turns",[61] Brooks explained that the Republican Party must distance itself from the minimal-government conservative principles

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Brooks_(commentator)
This guy is as far from being a conservative as I am of being Chinese..

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2020, 08:42:49 pm »
Trump may be polarizing but so was Patton in WW2.  One was always better off having Patton ahead of you leading the charge, and the soldiers knew it.

It is the same with Trump.

Like or dislike his words, I will line up behind him every time like I would with General Patton if I had the choice, as they are both winners and patriots.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 08:45:22 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2020, 08:54:43 pm »
@Chosendaughter

Quit externalizing your internal validation.

That which makes you "look" stupid, comes entirely from within...no outside word or action can drive that appearance and blaming others or "someone" is simply a failure of personal responsibility. Take some ownership of what you do and say for god's sakes.

And for the record, what's making you appear ridiculous to those on the board is definitely NOT the occasions on which you agree with the President...rare though those may be.

Certainly not.  I get trashed for never supporting Trump but when I do he makes me a fool.  Wasn't going to sign but did.   Was going to designate Cartel terrorist and then didn't.  That makes me stupid for believing he means what he says.

And if Esper is telling the truth we are all stupid for believing there was an imminent threat to 4 American Embassies.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2020, 08:56:31 pm »
Weather or not a person is "polarized" is an emotional response by narcissistic people that don't get their way.
Trump cannot be "polarizing" unless a person is so self righteous that they fell that the wishes and focus of 63 million people is wrong.
my 2 cents

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2020, 09:43:16 pm »
Trump may be polarizing but so was Patton in WW2.  One was always better off having Patton ahead of you leading the charge, and the soldiers knew it.

It is the same with Trump.

Like or dislike his words, I will line up behind him every time like I would with General Patton if I had the choice, as they are both winners and patriots.

And people dislike his words because he's a 'meanie' on Twitter and goes after Democrats pulling no punches.

Meanwhile, 'moderate' Dems like Biden says he's gonna get rid of all 'dirty' blue collar jobs in our economy for the Green New Deal, amnong other nutty policy proposals like taking our guns.

Let's not even get into the full flamethrower marxism of the others.

Which one is going to wreck my life? Not Trump calling Pelosi names, that's for sure.
The Republic is lost.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2020, 09:56:56 pm »
And people dislike his words because he's a 'meanie' on Twitter and goes after Democrats pulling no punches.

No, that ain't it.

Meanwhile, 'moderate' Dems like Biden says he's gonna get rid of all 'dirty' blue collar jobs in our economy for the Green New Deal, amnong other nutty policy proposals like taking our guns.

Let's not even get into the full flamethrower marxism of the others.

Which one is going to wreck my life? Not Trump calling Pelosi names, that's for sure.

Riiight... The same ol 'better than them' argument... That sets a incredibly low bar. No wonder nothing Conservative ever happens.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2020, 10:02:49 pm »
Riiight... The same ol 'better than them' argument... That sets a incredibly low bar. No wonder nothing Conservative ever happens.

For me it's like the old saying 'you go with the army you got'.

My choices for '20 are Trump, who I don't agree with all the time, or one of the pick-your-nutjob-marxists.

After Trump, I don't know who has the stones and gravitas to step up and fill the shoes. Demographics may be that insurmoutable by that point anyway.

All I know is I can keep the revolutionary leftist wolves at bay for the next 4 years.
The Republic is lost.

« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2020, 10:12:46 pm »
No, that ain't it.

Nothing?

Quite a bit of hyperbole from you there, fella.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online roamer_1

« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2020, 10:12:49 pm »
All I know is I can keep the revolutionary leftist wolves at bay for the next 4 years.

Yes... and the globalist corporate cronies in power.

Good job.  *****rollingeyes*****

Online roamer_1

« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2020, 10:15:01 pm »
Nothing?

Quite a bit of hyperbole from you there, fella.

No hyperbole at all.
Conservatism has LOST on every front, for the entire breadth of my lifetime.

Not because liberalism has merit... But because it has no opposition.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2020, 10:18:08 pm »
Yes... and the globalist corporate cronies in power.

Good job.  *****rollingeyes*****

I really don't see Trump as part of the globalist corporate cronies. Most of them are Dems now.

A couple are running for Prez.
The Republic is lost.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2020, 10:22:28 pm »
I really don't see Trump as part of the globalist corporate cronies. Most of them are Dems now.

Globalism resides in the moderate wing of the Republican Party. Bush/McCain/etc.
McConnell, Graham.

You know... the new 'conservative' heroes.

Tump, the global real estate mogul, hand in hand with the PTB in Congress...

You are the trusting sort.

« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2020, 10:43:26 pm »
No hyperbole at all.
Conservatism has LOST on every front, for the entire breadth of my lifetime.

Not because liberalism has merit... But because it has no opposition.
Seems overly defeatist.

So why not just shoot yourself if all is lost?

Online roamer_1

« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2020, 10:46:13 pm »
Seems overly defeatist.

FINE.
List the actual wins for conservatism... from 94 Congress forward particularly. The REAL wins. The stuff we get to keep.

Show me the money.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2020, 10:47:59 pm »
Wish I could read the actual editorial instead of someone else's interpretation of it, but since I don't subscribe to the Times (ick!), that's not going to happen.

However, I do think Trump is a polarizing figure. Many of us complained that Obama pitted the races against each other.  But while Trump may or may not have caused this polarization, he certainly has not helped to bring back civil discourse and a willingness to agree to disagree.  If anything, the divisions between us have become wider and far more serious.  Is he to blame?  Ok, disagree with me if you wish.  But the fact is, things have become nastier.  Pointing fingers and calling each other names has not helped.  We used to be angry at liberals.  Now we are angry at each other.

I think we all need to make a conscious effort to stop the name calling and bullying.  If we can't get along, then we need to go to our neutral corners and chill out.  I am not stupid, a traitor or an enemy of the state because I don't support Trump.  You are not an idiot or a cult member because you support him. 

And yes this all applies to me too because I've been mean to Trump supporters as well.  But if I can try to be civil with the ones I disagree with, then the rest of you can too.

I will say this, that while I was opposed to Trump, himself, I have come to see that his tactics, no matter how distasteful, are producing results. Now, I work in the oil industry and am a result oriented person, although I believe in doing things right.
Imho, the way people act toward each other is a personal choice. If I can (and I do) disagree with Liberals in a civil manner, (although they don't always disagree with me that way), I can settle back and not make other disagreements personal. It is up to those who disagree with me how they want to act, and I have lost friends over that. If they want to they will have a hissy fit at me over the actions of someone else, whether I agree with those actions or not, and that fit is on them.
I found his behaviour prior to the General to be less than honorable, polarizing, and frankly, distasteful.
Enough so, that he did not get my vote, which went to the Constitution Party candidate, as much to support the Party and its platform (the US Constitution, stressing original intent) as anything.

That said, we are past that now, like the results or not of the Primaries, past the General election, and Trump won--a fate for this Republic I find far preferable to Hillary. We fight with the army we have, not the one we want, and this polarization of which you speak has been long fomented by the Democrats, even to the point of putting rioters in the streets over race and politics and even the preservation of historical monuments and statues.
There is the natural fault line, the rift in America, between those who want government to nurse them and mother them, and those of us who want it generally to get out of the way and let us provide for ourselves and our progeny, with a minimum of interference, just enough to keep things fair (a word whose definition in practice varies widely, but generally boils down to an application of the Golden Rule.
Other duties of the Federal Government were laid out in the Preamble and Constitution, along with the constraints both in the Constitution and the succeeding Amendments, particularly the Bill of Rights. Abide by the restrictions, perform the duties. Simple enough, one would think, and were it not for the creative and overreaching interpretations of jurists, something which  would work.

But, since President Trump has taken office, here is what has happened:

He has smoked out scores of leakers in the Executive branch (and elsewhere). They were there to do a job, and that job entailed executing any Constitutional orders which they were given, not slow walking, not leaking, not defying them, but to be professional and get the job done. Many are gone, some with clearances revoked.
Others, if still present have generally shut up.
He has exposed the Obama Administration's abuses of power, the DOJ, the FBI, and peeled back that rock. Often those have exposed themselves in order to attack him, not always unprovoked, but an effective tactic nonetheless.

He has polarized the political scene in one sense: those who claimed to be "moderates" who were actually crypto-Liberals have often ripped away their disguises and exposed themselves, fight down to the solidly unAmerican comments made by members of Congress.
The criminal organization that was the Clinton/Obama cartel has been exposed, thwarted, neutered, had key players who have been shut down (Brennan, for one), or likely eliminated in self-defense (Epstein) by the very people they catered to, and generally disrupted.
Many of the damaging Obama policies which would have benefited those who are our enemies have been reversed, both domestically and abroad. We have continued on as a result of those policy changes to have energy security for the first time in decades--no need to rely on anyone else, and the ability to export more than we import for convenience's sake and to maintain trade. Though we decry the debt, the petrodollar has real backing for a change, likely ensuring its status as the reserve currency in the world, for the near haul at least.
There was rumbling of other currencies replacing it less than a decade ago--something which would have had a disastrous impact on our economy. While that could still happen, it is a little less likely in the short term.

Ridiculous allegedly environmentally based restrictions have been thwarted, another economy crippling series of programs which have not come to pass.
Formidable individual enemies have been eliminated, enemies who plotted the destruction of Americans across the world, some for decades, in the stateless warfare we know as "terrorism".
If that isn't a real 'war on terror' I don't know what is. Better than buying off the warlords, better than paying tribute to the Barbary Pirates, or what have you. Sure, there will be others who replace them, but they, too, will be eliminated, in turn--if we have someone willing to make the call and get the job done, rather than let those who exposed them in turn be hunted down for our failure to act on that intel.

Some divisions are natural, and the Democrats' veil being torn aside to reveal their Marxism as they try to outdo each other on the dais in the debates is even more revealing. I simply do not think they have the backing they think they do or say they do, and that is why they are so desperate to import so many people who have lived under the Marxist yoke and stuff their heads with dung before they can find out the blessings of Liberty for them and their progeny.

The nonsense of inciting violence and using their media spin machine to make themselves look like victims has worn thin.
The nonsense of waving a race card has worn thin with all but those who hide behind it, and with many who could.
The Obama era of fomenting racism is still sputtering along, but less likely to gain new adherents except in the Marxist media, because history doesn't support a word of that latest crap.

If the division between those who support this Republic, and those who think it ought be a criminal Marxist oligarchy has been heightened, so be it. While we may squabble among ourselves, I would hope that we do not lose sight of the far more dangerous alternatives which await, ready to hammer down the gates of the Republic and destroy it, or throw those same gates open to invasion, physically and philosophically.

While Trump is not the Conservative I would have sought (in many senses falling far short of that Conservatism), in the binary world of national politics, one can choose which 'side' to be on, and the Marxists have taken over the Democrat Party.
It has long been accepted that the return to our Constitutional Republic will likely take a lifetime, and likely will not occur in ours, but, to borrow a page from the enemy playbook, "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step." We aren't going to magically return to that Republic, we must, for a change, make steps in the right direction.

The results, the footprints of this administration, are what indicate its direction, all media nonwithstanding.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 10:57:25 pm by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2020, 10:54:56 pm »

FINE.
List the actual wins for conservatism... from 94 Congress forward particularly. The REAL wins. The stuff we get to keep.

Show me the money.
Just one then others can fill in the blanks.

We are exporting more oil than ever.  Conservative policies.  Lot of money involved, which you seem to appreciate if nothing else.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2020, 10:57:03 pm »
Seems overly defeatist.

...or up the dosage of Prozac?   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online roamer_1

« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2020, 10:57:40 pm »
Just one then others can fill in the blanks.

We are exporting more oil than ever.  Conservative policies.  Lot of money involved, which you seem to appreciate if nothing else.

That is a thing. Not a principle.

I will admit that where Conservative policies meet the necessities of corporate globalism, they are used and lauded. But the principle behind them is what I am fighting for. And not for globalism's sake.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2020, 10:59:17 pm »
I will say this, that while I was opposed to Trump, himself, I have come to see that his tactics, no matter how distasteful, are producing results. Now, I work in the oil industry and am a result oriented person, although I believe in doing things right.
Imho, the way people act toward each other is a personal choice. If I can (and I do) disagree with Liberals in a civil manner, (although they don't always disagree with me that way), I can settle back and not make other disagreements personal. It is up to those who disagree with me how they want to act, and I have lost friends over that. If they want to they will have a hissy fit at me over the actions of someone else, whether I agree with those actions or not, and that fit is on them.
I found his behaviour prior to the General to be less than honorable, polarizing, and frankly, distasteful.
Enough so, that he did not get my vote, which went to the Constitution Party candidate, as much to support the Party and its platform (the US Constitution, stressing original intent) as anything.

That said, we are past that now, like the results or not of the Primaries, past the General election, and Trump won--a fate for this Republic I find far preferable to Hillary. We fight with the army we have, not the one we want, and this polarization of which you speak has been long fomented by the Democrats, even to the point of putting rioters in the streets over race and politics and even the preservation of historical monuments and statues.
There is the natural fault line, the rift in America, between those who want government to nurse them and mother them, and those of us who want it generally to get out of the way and let us provide for ourselves and our progeny, with a minimum of interference, just enough to keep things fair (a word whose definition in practice varies widely, but generally boils down to an application of the Golden Rule.
Other duties of the Federal Government were laid out in the Preamble and Constitution, along with the constraints both in the Constitution and the succeeding Amendments, particularly the Bill of Rights. Abide by the restrictions, perform the duties. Simple enough, one would think, and were it not for the creative and overreaching interpretations of jurists, something which  would work.

But, since President Trump has taken office, here is what has happened:

He has smoked out scores of leakers in the Executive branch (and elsewhere). They were there to do a job, and that job entailed executing any Constitutional orders which they were given, not slow walking, not leaking, not defying them, but to be professional and get the job done. Many are gone, some with clearances revoked.
Others, if still present have generally shut up.
He has exposed the Obama Administration's abuses of power, the DOJ, the FBI, and peeled back that rock. Often those have exposed themselves in order to attack him, not always unprovoked, but an effective tactic nonetheless.

He has polarized the political scene in one sense: those who claimed to be "moderates" who were actually crypto-Liberals have often ripped away their disguises and exposed themselves, fight down to the solidly unAmerican comments made by members of Congress.
The criminal organization that was the Clinton/Obama cartel has been exposed, thwarted, neutered, had key players who have been shut down (Brennan, for one), or likely eliminated in self-defense (Epstein) by the very people they catered to, and generally disrupted.
Many of the damaging Obama policies which would have benefited those who are our enemies have been reversed, both domestically and abroad. We have continued on as a result of those policy changes to have energy security for the first time in decades--no need to rely on anyone else, and the ability to export more than we import for convenience's sake and to maintain trade. Though we decry the debt, the petrodollar has real backing for a change, likely ensuring its status as the reserve currency in the world, for the near haul at least.
There was rumbling of other currencies replacing it less than a decade ago--something which would have had a disastrous impact on our economy. While that could still happen, it is a little less likely in the short term.

Ridiculous allegedly environmentally based restrictions have been thwarted, another economy crippling series of programs which have not come to pass.
Formidable individual enemies have been eliminated, enemies who plotted the destruction of Americans across the world, some for decades, in the stateless warfare we know as "terrorism".
If that isn't a real 'war on terror' I don't know what is. Better than buying off the warlords, better than paying tribute to the Barbary Pirates, or what have you. Sure, there will be others who replace them, but they, too, will be eliminated, in turn--if we have someone willing to make the call and get the job done, rather than let those who exposed them in turn be hunted down for our failure to act on that intel.

Some divisions are natural, and the Democrats' veil being torn aside to reveal their Marxism as they try to outdo each other on the dais in the debates is even more revealing. I simply do not think they have the backing they think they do or say they do, and that is why they are so desperate to import so many people who have lived under the Marxist yoke and stuff their heads with dung before they can find out the blessings of Liberty for them and their progeny.

The nonsense of inciting violence and using their media spin machine to make themselves look like victims has worn thin.
The nonsense of waving a race card has worn thin with all but those who hide behind it, and with many who could.
The Obama era of fomenting racism is still sputtering along, but less likely to gain new adherents except in the Marxist media, because history doesn't support a word of that latest crap.

If the division between those who support this Republic, and those who think it ought be a criminal Marxist oligarchy has been heightened, so be it. While we may squabble among ourselves, I would hope that we do not lose sight of the far more dangerous alternatives which await, ready to hammer down the gates of the Republic and destroy it, or throw those same gates open to invasion, physically and philosophically.

While Trump is not the Conservative I would have sought (in many senses falling far short of that Conservatism), in the binary world of national politics, one can choose which 'side' to be on, and the Marxists have taken over the Democrat Party.
It has long been accepted that the return to our Constitutional Republic will likely take a lifetime, and likely will not occur in ours, but, to borrow a page from the enemy playbook, "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step." We aren't going to magically return to that Republic, we must, for a change, make steps in the right direction.

The results, the footprints of this administration, are what indicate its direction, all media nonwithstanding.

Excellent post!   @Smokin Joe   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2020, 11:09:47 pm »

FINE.

Show me the money.
Some of those policy changes may not hold if the Marxists get back in office. In the meantime, they can't rip the pipelines out of the ground, put the oil or natural gas back. They can't resurrect Al-Baghdadi or Soleimani, there are things that can't be undone. Some of the AntiAmerican operatives who have exposed themselves can't take it back, will not fit back beneath the rock, and all the poo flinging just gets them mad enough that they do expose themselves, not just to us, but to everyone. That works whether they were FBI, DOJ, or in Congress or elsewhere in the administration. They might get nice side jobs elsewhere, some may keeptheir current jobs for a bit, but it would be a stretch for them to get their old jobs back in the event that the Marxists do not regain power soon.
What I devoutly hope, is that America sees a clearly better course of action and continues in the direction of Conservativism, rather than turns back down the Leftist path we have been on for so long.
What I mean by that is these are baby steps in the right direction for a change, we have a long way left to go. You're gonna step in some mud on the way out of the swamp, but if you keep heading out, you'll get to better ground.

The policies will sell the principles, if we don't lose track of that. If the policies fall short of that direction, I won't support them.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2020, 11:18:19 pm »

The problem is that the Dems aren't so much globalist corporate cronies. They are Marxists, using Islamists and others for Global Socialism (Communism/Totalitarianism, let's call it what it is.).

The Global Corporatists are on the Right, calling themselves "moderates", and Conservatives, in the sense of the Declaration and the Constitution are farther to the Right. The GOP is on the boundary between the  Global Corporatists and the Conservatives, and ever teetering toward globalism That's the Bush Bunch, and GHWB's "New World Order" of Crony Capitalists and the hordes of "moderates" who got elected by lying to the TEA party folks, among others. Who doesn't play their game is sidelined, even if it gets Doug Jones elected.

There isn't anyone on the side of Conservatism out there, with maybe one or two exceptions. All we can do is hope and work to push any momentum to the Right farther along, past Global Corporatism.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2020, 11:32:05 pm »
Some of those policy changes may not hold if the Marxists get back in office. In the meantime, they can't rip the pipelines out of the ground, put the oil or natural gas back. They can't resurrect Al-Baghdadi or Soleimani, there are things that can't be undone. Some of the AntiAmerican operatives who have exposed themselves can't take it back, will not fit back beneath the rock, and all the poo flinging just gets them mad enough that they do expose themselves, not just to us, but to everyone. That works whether they were FBI, DOJ, or in Congress or elsewhere in the administration. They might get nice side jobs elsewhere, some may keeptheir current jobs for a bit, but it would be a stretch for them to get their old jobs back in the event that the Marxists do not regain power soon.
What I devoutly hope, is that America sees a clearly better course of action and continues in the direction of Conservativism, rather than turns back down the Leftist path we have been on for so long.
What I mean by that is these are baby steps in the right direction for a change, we have a long way left to go. You're gonna step in some mud on the way out of the swamp, but if you keep heading out, you'll get to better ground.

The policies will sell the principles, if we don't lose track of that. If the policies fall short of that direction, I won't support them.

I see where you are at @Smokin Joe , but there;s a lot of sign on the ground that ain't being read.

Like every Conservative of note either disappeared through the administrations revolving door cabinet, or publicly defamed... There are literally almost none left. And that wasn't the liberals doing that. The cabinet finally installed, coincidentally overflowing with more Goldmann Sachs that Cruz could have ever managed.

Nearly ALL of the moves that ain't flat out lies by this administration are nothing but EOs which will vanish like a fart in a windstorm. Just like with Dubya, not only will the candy store close, but it will be MOAB'd into extinction the minute this admin crosses the threshhold for the last time.

The things we DO get to keep, to the best of my knowledge, are the things good for globalism.

That's the sign on the ground I see. Baby steps toward Conservatism my a$$. This is just more globalism wrapped in patriotic MAGA bullcrap.