Author Topic: David Brooks: 'Trump Has Made Us All Stupid'  (Read 5935 times)

Offline pjcomix

• DUmmie FUnnies YouTube Channel
David Brooks: 'Trump Has Made Us All Stupid'
« on: January 11, 2020, 07:52:43 pm »
What's with this "us" bit, David?

New York Times "conservative" columnist David Brooks claimed on Thursday that "Trump Has Made Us All Stupid." Brooks admits that liberals are now acting really really stupid (as well as loony) but that the fault lies with President Donald Trump.

The weird thing about Brooks' column is that he also gives as close to high praise to Trump as you can at the Times without getting a pink slip (although that could still happen).

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/pj-gladnick/2020/01/11/david-brooks-trump-has-made-us-all-stupid

DUmmie FUnnies YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/dummiefunnies

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: David Brooks: 'Trump Has Made Us All Stupid'
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2020, 08:00:49 pm »
There are many things which Trump could be blamed for, but this is one thing he can't.

There has been so much serious stupidity in Government, the press, the punditry, the media, and beyond, no single man could have made all that happen, even if he had tried.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2020, 08:20:21 pm »
read later.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2020, 08:42:34 pm »
There are many things which Trump could be blamed for, but this is one thing he can't. There has been so much serious stupidity in Government, the press, the punditry, the media, and beyond, no single man could have made all that happen, even if he had tried.
@Smokin Joe

Yes, he made it all happen, from the time he started his first campaign.  He has made sure he is on TV every day and that is his goal - keep causing turmoil every day so newspapers and general websites and news sites write/speak about him - again, every day.  He has no other goal than this.  Malignant Narcissist.

He has done this all his adult life.  Would use fake names and call newspapers telling them what "Trump" had done that day, so he would get in the papers every day.  Then got his TV program for more publicity.
He will find something else to keep him in the news every day when he is no longer president.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 08:47:47 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline corbe

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2020, 08:51:41 pm »
   @Smokin Joe you're selling Trump way too short.   :smokin:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2020, 10:14:28 pm »
One thing I can agree with.  He makes us all look stupid.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2020, 10:36:18 pm »
Nope not us.  Just you.

Get a mirror.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2020, 10:50:14 pm »
Your ugly ass face broke it.

Your looking in my mirror instead of your own?  How could I break you mirror?  Identity problem maybe.

Offline MOD3

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2020, 10:59:29 pm »
ENOUGH!

Offline Absalom

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2020, 11:03:51 pm »
Brooks certainly didn't need Trump's assistance.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2020, 11:27:37 pm »
@Smokin Joe

Yes, he made it all happen, from the time he started his first campaign.  He has made sure he is on TV every day and that is his goal - keep causing turmoil every day so newspapers and general websites and news sites write/speak about him - again, every day.  He has no other goal than this.  Malignant Narcissist.

He has done this all his adult life.  Would use fake names and call newspapers telling them what "Trump" had done that day, so he would get in the papers every day.  Then got his TV program for more publicity.
He will find something else to keep him in the news every day when he is no longer president.

He's a promoter, not the producer.
Promotions (sales) is his real stock in trade and his name is a brand, so he's used to promoting it, and in the process, promoting himself. He is his own mascot, no 'Tony the Tiger', no Speedy the Alka Seltzer kid.
Keeping that name in the media is much like keeping Ford, Band-Aid, Honey Bunches of Oats, whatever forward in the public mind because it sells the brand.
No one has forced anyone to listen to, buy into, or vote for the brand, nor the man. People have undertaken those decisions on their own.  It's like blaming the dealer for someone getting addicted, when the addict made the choices that led to their addiction.

Someone else decided he'd sell more soap than whatever else was going on and played right in.

You act as if he twisted arms, but the decisions to put him on TV came from those who wanted their stuff to be viewed. Still happens that way, just that now that they realize he could beat Hillary, they're attacking him.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2020, 11:30:10 pm »
   @Smokin Joe you're selling Trump way too short.   :smokin:
@corbe There are segments of society that can't be made more stupid than they already are. I'm sorry, but Trump just can't take any credit for the inherent intellectual challenges of liberals and others.

It isn't like he pushed courses in common core math.

C S Lewis

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2020, 12:33:20 am »
Funny thing is that this argument between Wingnut and Chosen Daughter just may have proven Mr. Brooks' point.

Brooks never had a point.   :nono:
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 12:52:12 am by mystery-ak »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2020, 12:37:26 am »
Wingie, haven't seen you for a while; you're back and now you're angling for a time out.

How about calming down, or sobering up, as the case may be?

LOL.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 12:40:58 am by Wingnut »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2020, 12:40:07 am »
I worked for a major internaional engineering and construction contractor.

We sold the ability to get very big very complex things done.

Sales was King, so the saying went.

People in va,rious disciplines, often mopped up after sales came back with draft contracts.

Sales are often the highest paid in a company.

Another saying, from the project manager/devision VPP for what was at the time, one of the largest undertakings ever:

Get Work Do Work. 
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2020, 01:46:21 am »
One thing I can agree with.  He makes us all look stupid.
Pray tell, how is that?

I for one do not agree with that comment that I am stupid.

In fact, I resent that comment.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2020, 03:20:56 am »
Trump isn't that powerful. I think the stupiding of Libs and Progs started in the Nixon era, and accelerated during the 1980 Presidential campaign. And it was self-stupiding.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online DB

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2020, 03:23:27 am »
Brooks certainly didn't need Trump's assistance.

LOL!

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2020, 03:27:02 am »
Some of us are naturally stupid, others work really hard at it...

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2020, 05:21:21 am »
Pray tell, how is that?

I for one do not agree with that comment that I am stupid.

In fact, I resent that comment.

OK, resent it.  Got an issue go to the author of the article.  I think Trump makes me look stupid when I support his decision and then doesn't actually do it.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2020, 09:50:02 am »
I'm doubt its very hard for someone to make Brooks look stupid.
The Republic is lost.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2020, 01:16:40 pm »
OK, resent it.  Got an issue go to the author of the article.  I think Trump makes me look stupid when I support his decision and then doesn't actually do it.
You can think about yourself anyway you wish.

Go ahead and condemn yourself for being an American if you so wish.

Just don't pollute the rest of us.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2020, 02:38:15 pm »

@Chosendaughter

Quit externalizing your internal validation.

That which makes you "look" stupid, comes entirely from within...no outside word or action can drive that appearance and blaming others or "someone" is simply a failure of personal responsibility. Take some ownership of what you do and say for god's sakes.

And for the record, what's making you appear ridiculous to those on the board is definitely NOT the occasions on which you agree with the President...rare though those may be.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 02:40:18 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2020, 03:02:38 pm »
 :pop41:  tri22 Please try to remember that TBR members are not the topic of the thread. tri22  :pop41:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2020, 03:23:55 pm »
:pop41:  tri22 Please try to remember that TBR members are not the topic of the thread. tri22  :pop41:

While I agree in principle, this is a thread proclaiming all of us to have been "made stupid". The topic title itself MAKES "us" the topic of the thread. It puts the target right on every TBR members noggin IMHO...not suprising, or wrong, that we would defend ourselves from that kind of assertion.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain