Author Topic: USAA wins another big verdict against Wells Fargo  (Read 543 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
USAA wins another big verdict against Wells Fargo
« on: January 11, 2020, 02:19:33 pm »
Houston Chronicle by  Patrick Danner Jan. 10, 2020

For the second time in about two months, San Antonio’s USAA has won a nine-figure patent infringement case against Wells Fargo Bank.

A federal jury in East Texas awarded USAA $102.8 million in damages Friday after finding Wells Fargo willfully infringed on two USAA patents relating to technology that allows users to deposit checks using mobile devices.

That follows a $200 million verdict delivered by a different jury in USAA’s favor in November in another case against Wells Fargo.

Nathan McKinley, USAA’s vice president of corporate development, said the latest verdict “validates” the company’s position that it created mobile deposit capture technology.

More: https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/article/USAA-wins-another-big-verdict-against-Wells-Fargo-14966287.php

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: USAA wins another big verdict against Wells Fargo
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2020, 02:26:46 pm »
What's a "USAA?"  Is that the Veteran's insurance company?  Astonishing the article doesn't say.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2020, 02:42:51 pm »
What's a "USAA?"  Is that the Veteran's insurance company?  Astonishing the article doesn't say.

The author: Patrick Danner, works in San Antonio, the home of USAA so he assumes everyone knows about them.

The United Services Automobile Association (USAA) is a San Antonio-based Fortune 500 diversified financial services group of companies including a Texas Department of Insurance-regulated reciprocal inter-insurance exchange and subsidiaries offering banking, investing, and insurance to people and families who serve, or served, in the United States Armed Forces.

That's the insurance co I've been using since I left Geico many years ago,  when they wouldn't insure my house since it had galvanized water lines, I've replaced since.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 02:47:30 pm by Elderberry »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2020, 02:46:32 pm »
The United Services Automobile Association (USAA) is a San Antonio-based Fortune 500 diversified financial services group of companies including a Texas Department of Insurance-regulated reciprocal inter-insurance exchange and subsidiaries offering banking, investing, and insurance to people and families who serve, or served, in the United States Armed Forces.

That's the insurance co I've been using since I left Geico many years ago,  when they wouldn't insure my house since it had galvanized water lines, I've replaced since.

Thanks, @Elderberry!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2020, 06:02:11 pm »
The author: Patrick Danner, works in San Antonio, the home of USAA so he assumes everyone knows about them.

It's also the most admired insurance company.  https://fortune.com/worlds-most-admired-companies/2019/search/

Wish my veteran dad had it before he passed as I could use it.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Applewood

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2020, 06:10:06 pm »
Many years ago, I had a temp job working for an attorney who represented USAA insureds in auto accident litigation.  The people at USAA with whom I had contact were top notch.  Even opposing counsel and the clients they represented were impressed.   If I had served in the military, USAA would be my insurance company.