Author Topic: Virginia legislators vote to ban guns at state Capitol  (Read 1512 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Virginia legislators vote to ban guns at state Capitol
« on: January 11, 2020, 12:10:59 pm »
It's true.  You can't fix stupid. 

Virginia legislators voted Friday to ban firearms at the state Capitol, a move that comes as Democrats seek to push through several gun control measures after winning control of both chambers of the legislature.

The Joint Rules Committee approved the new rules, which would bar state lawmakers and the general public from carrying firearms in all areas of the Capitol. The policy provides exceptions for on-duty law enforcement officers.

“Our focus here is to keep everybody safe,” House Speaker Eileen Filler-Corn told The Associated Press. “These are policies and rules that should have passed a long, long time ago.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/477732-virginia-legislators-vote-to-ban-guns-at-state-capitol
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline EdinVA

Re: Virginia legislators vote to ban guns at state Capitol
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2020, 12:19:53 pm »
...“Our focus here is to keep everybody stupid politians safe,”...

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2020, 12:38:04 pm »
So what are they going to do when some crackpot manages to get a firearm through security and starts mowing people down? 

These are dangerous times.  We need more "good guys with guns" not fewer, in our public buildings, churches, schools, shopping malls, etc.

Online libertybele

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2020, 12:54:53 pm »
So what are they going to do when some crackpot manages to get a firearm through security and starts mowing people down? 

These are dangerous times.  We need more "good guys with guns" not fewer, in our public buildings, churches, schools, shopping malls, etc.

:amen:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2020, 12:57:27 pm »

Maybe in their sick perverted minds they are hoping someone comes in and shoots up the capital so they can take advantage of a manufactured tragedy?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2020, 02:34:20 pm »
I saw on the news last night they won't be enforcing this on Legislators, because it would be impractical to screen so many people.  This is just another feel-good measure that won't have much effect.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
January 11, 2020
Within 48 hours of taking over Virginia legislature Democrats pass first gun ban of 2020
By M. Catharine Evans

Virginia Democrats have full control of the state government and they are making the most of it. Less than two days after Virginia opened the 2020 legislative session, newly empowered lawmakers voted to pass a total ban on guns at the state capitol and legislative office buildings. Previously, those with a valid, concealed handgun permit were allowed to bring a gun into the Capitol. Weapons were only banned in the Senate gallery and the governor's office. "Our focus is to keep everybody safe," said Democratic House Speaker Eileen Filler-Corn. "These are policies and rules that should have passed a long, long time ago."

Democratic House Majority Leader Charneile Herring claimed the sudden policy decision by the Joint Rules Committee, just a handful of people, was at the  request of the Capitol Police. "I think there are times when we sort of have to trust what our law enforcement officers are telling us," she said. When asked by reporters, after the rushed and less than transparent committee meeting, Capitol Police Col.  Anthony Pike said he had made no recommendations on whether guns should be banned, only how to implement the ban.  GOP Del. Kirk Cox called Herring's attempt to put the onus on the Capitol Police "a deliberate misrepresentation, there's just no way around that, " he said.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/01/within_48_hours_of_taking_over_virginia_legislature_democrats_pass_first_gun_ban_of_2020.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
I hope they don't find out the hard way the dangers of working/living in a Gun Free Zone.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2020, 04:32:30 pm »
Virginia legislators voted Friday to ban firearms at the state Capitol, a move that comes as Democrats seek to push through several gun control measures after winning control of both chambers of the legislature.

The Joint Rules Committee approved the new rules, which would bar state lawmakers and the general public from carrying firearms in all areas of the Capitol. The policy provides exceptions for on-duty law enforcement officers.

Does this mean security officers at schools can be armed?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2020, 05:23:24 pm »

I didn't know there was a school at their state Capitol building. Unless the security officers were  on-duty law enforcement officers, it doesn't look like they could be armed.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2020, 07:59:56 pm »

“Our focus here is to keep everybody safe,” House Speaker Eileen Filler-Corn told The Associated Press. “These are policies and rules that should have passed a long, long time ago.”

@Wingnut

No,your policy is to use taxpayer paid armed guards to protect the elites.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2020, 08:00:49 pm »

@Applewood

Call for more stringent gun laws,of course!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2020, 08:02:47 pm »

@PeteS in CA

Of course the off-duty cops that guard the private schools THEIR children attend will be armed! I am shocked you would even ask such a question.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2020, 09:05:55 pm »
First, a line from an old Doors song (I think it was "Five to One":
"They got the guns, but we got the numbers..."

With that in mind...
A Fishrrman absolutely fearless prediction:

The democrat-communists in Virginia are goin' for broke on this one.
They've "got the numbers" (the legislative numbers) necessary to pass ALL the gun-restrictions they want, and THEY'RE GOING TO DO IT.

If 2 million citizens show up to protest at the state capital, it's not going to make any difference to them at all. Not one bit.

Once the laws have been rammed through, the democrat-communists will then use the "full force of arms" that they can muster to begin setting examples. That includes the state police, the special "gun recovery units" that I expect to see formed, and quite possibly an attempt by the blackface governor to order out the state National Guard.

I'm going to lay it out for you folks if you haven't yet considered this:
The democrat-communists realize that if they can force an anti-2nd Amendment agenda through in Virginia (once the heart of the old South), they can accomplish the same almost anywhere.

That's why for them, the putsche is on.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2020, 09:24:11 pm »
@Fishrrman

Then it's up to the good people of Virginia to challenge these laws in court.

Pittsburgh, PA passed some local ordinances curbing gun rights not long ago.  Those ordinances are now tied up in court and a judge has stayed them pending the outcome of the legal challenges.  Similar challenges can be brought in Virginia. 

And then there are the sanctuary cities springing up all over the state. 

These boneheads in state government are in for the fight of their lives.  And just wait till the taxpayers get a load of the legal fees their tax dollars will be paying for to defend against these challenges.  Maybe these idiots will be run out of town on a rail.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2020, 09:40:15 pm »

With that in mind...

They've "got the numbers" (the legislative numbers) necessary to pass ALL the gun-restrictions they want, and THEY'RE GOING TO DO IT.

If 2 million citizens show up to protest at the state capital, it's not going to make any difference to them at all. Not one bit.

Once the laws have been rammed through, the democrat-communists will then use the "full force of arms" that they can muster to begin setting examples. That includes the state police, the special "gun recovery units" that I expect to see formed, and quite possibly an attempt by the blackface governor to order out the state National Guard.

The democrat-communists realize that if they can force an anti-2nd Amendment agenda through in Virginia (once the heart of the old South), they can accomplish the same almost anywhere.

@Fishrrman
Exactly.  And if they get this batch thru, they will get the rest of the guns next bill.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2020, 10:35:00 pm »

With that in mind...

@Fishrrman

Everything you wrote is true.

I would pay cash money to hear a reporter ask Northam on live tv "Does this mean you are going to send police through the ghettos to seize guns? Will people on welfare lose their benefits and freebies if they are arrested for breaking gun control laws? Enquiring minds,and all dat."

You just KNOW this law has nothing to do with stopping common street crimes,and everything to do with protecting the political elites from payback.

Offline verga

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2020, 02:06:25 pm »
@Fishrrman

Everything you wrote is true.

I would pay cash money to hear a reporter ask Northam on live tv "Does this mean you are going to send police through the ghettos to seize guns? Will people on welfare lose their benefits and freebies if they are arrested for breaking gun control laws? Enquiring minds,and all dat."

You just KNOW this law has nothing to do with stopping common street crimes,and everything to do with protecting the political elites from payback.
There is already at least one petition for a recall for Racist Ralphie and I am pretty sure that all of Bloomberg's money isn't going to help out in the next election. people here are P!$$ED

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2020, 03:23:55 pm »
There is already at least one petition for a recall for Racist Ralphie and I am pretty sure that all of Bloomberg's money isn't going to help out in the next election. people here are P!$$ED

@verga

I am not from Virginia,but I THINK I have read that Va Governors are restricted to 1 4 year term of office. IF that is true,Northam won't be running for re-election. Some other Dim will be the Governor after the next elections,and he or she will be all over teebee saying "What? ME? Don't blame ME for those gun laws,I didn't promote or sign them!"

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2020, 04:00:38 pm »

I hope they are successful in recalling Gov Sheets-Jolson.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2020, 04:12:40 pm »
I hope they are successful in recalling Gov Sheets-Jolson.

@Wingnut

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=Virginia+Governor+term+of+office

Term length: Four years, not eligible for re-elec...

I looked it up. Northam won't be running for re-election becuause all Va governors are restricted to ONE 4 year term,and then they are out.

I have no doubt he will be appointed to head up some agency or board in the Feral Government,though. He IS one of the "ruling class" by virtue of being born to the "right" parents.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 04:14:20 pm by sneakypete »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2020, 04:49:29 pm »
I saw on the news last night they won't be enforcing this on Legislators, because it would be impractical to screen so many people.  This is just another feel-good measure that won't have much effect.

Another case of rules for me and not for thee.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline verga

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2020, 05:59:21 pm »
@Wingnut

I looked it up. Northam won't be running for re-election becuause all Va governors are restricted to ONE 4 year term,and then they are out.

I have no doubt he will be appointed to head up some agency or board in the Feral Government,though. He IS one of the "ruling class" by virtue of being born to the "right" parents.
The way the law is written he is limited to one term, he would then have to sit out a term and could run again later.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.