Author Topic: Hungary Takes On the Feminist Goliath—and Wins  (Read 501 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Hungary Takes On the Feminist Goliath—and Wins
« on: January 10, 2020, 07:38:50 pm »
Feminism is a social and political movement. It is not an academic discipline on par with, say, mathematics, economics, business administration, engineering or physics. Gender studies, feminism’s academic wing, does not constitute an appropriate subject for an academic degree. At best it is a subset of a complex of ideas, issues, and events properly canvassed by the History Department, along with a myriad other themes and developments in the study of Western civilization.

Moreover, such programs have no business infesting legitimate areas of study to the extent that an astronomer must sign an affidavit attesting to his involvement in social justice projects or an engineer proclaim his fealty to the feminist manifesto if he is to be considered for promotion. The same proviso applies to any applicant for a university position. It should be obvious that gender programs and initiatives have nothing to do with mapping the universe, finding a cure for cancer, investigating quantum entanglement or stochastic electrodynamics, studying the economic effects of the Protestant Reformation, assessing the impact of political theories from Plato and Aristotle to the present, resolving truss and anchorage problems in suspension bridge engineering, tracing the history of epic poetry from Homer to Michael Lind’s The Alamo, or any canonical field of authentic endeavor. The fact that a bogus discipline, which has no reason for existing sui generis, can spread outward to influence and dilute genuine subjects is beyond comprehension.

Hungary Takes On the Feminist Goliath—and Wins
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/hungary-takes-on-the-feminist-goliath-and-wins/?fbclid=IwAR1jdjyQuGpRNnp5LjIiUAu89i1km8WtY4Y062UmVx2ARyCVsqf_mYtjR9I

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline skeeter

Re: Hungary Takes On the Feminist Goliath—and Wins
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2020, 07:43:15 pm »
such programs “ha[ve] no business in universities” as they represent “an ideology, not a science,”

I love Hungry. If I couldn't live in the US I'd go there.

It's a shame the EU will destroy them.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Hungary Takes On the Feminist Goliath—and Wins
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2020, 08:13:22 pm »
such programs “ha[ve] no business in universities” as they represent “an ideology, not a science,”

I love Hungry. If I couldn't live in the US I'd go there.

It's a shame the EU will destroy them.
They survived the moslem invaders, they survived Wilson and they will survive the EU