Author Topic: Rush Transcripts...Jan. 10th 2020  (Read 463 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush Transcripts...Jan. 10th 2020
« on: January 10, 2020, 06:54:59 pm »
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/

Who’s Running the Democrat Party?

Jan 10, 2020

RUSH: Breaking news, breaking news. Nancy Pelosi says that she’s not gonna send the articles of impeachment to the House today. Really? What a gigantic surprise that is. Breaking news, breaking news, Nancy Pelosi says she’s going to take steps to send the articles of impeachment to the Senate next week. Really?

JOHNNY DONOVAN: And now, from sunny South Florida, it’s Open Line Friday!

RUSH: What does that mean, she’s gonna take steps to send the articles of impeachment to the Sentate next week? With all due respect to the ChiComs and the Chinese, I think the Democrat Party’s becoming a Chinese fire drill. I don’t think they know what they’re doing over there. I think they literally are the equivalent of a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off, and it’s really tough to figure out who’s running that party, outside of the press, outside of the media.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: The Democrat Party is standing in quicksand. And there are a number of reasons for it, and I may want to try to explore a little today why that may be.

There is something very, very fascinating happening with Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and her fundraising that is way outside the standard way it has always been done. Essentially one of the reasons Pelosi or any other Speaker has such a hold on the job is that the Speaker is always a prolific fundraiser because of the power of the gig. And Pelosi has always, as Boehner did and as Paul Ryan, shared the wealth.

You go out and you tell various members, “Hey, you want to be reelected? Hey, you want my help in being reelected? Hey, support the stuff that I tell you to support and I’ll give you money.” And that’s how you buy loyalty. That’s standard operating procedure. Think of it what you will, but that’s how it’s always worked.

Well, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is out raising money on her own and not sharing it with anybody in the Democrat Party. You know what she’s doing with it? She’s coming up with people to primary incumbent Democrats in the leadership that she doesn’t like because they’re a bunch of fossils. They’re a bunch of relics. They’re a bunch of old-fashioned “we don’t do it that way anymore” type people.

And Pelosi has no control over her. And she, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, you could say that she is the energetic figurehead leader of the wacko, radical leftists in the Democrat Party that Pelosi is not in charge of. And so it could be said that Pelosi’s doing everything she’s doing here to try to mollify that group.

But, folks, the Democrats… We’ve noted here over the course of this busy broadcast week all the Democrats breaking with Pelosi. We’ve had Senator Feinstein break. We’ve had Chris Coons break. A number of them don’t understand what’s going on. “Okay, we got the articles. Send ’em over!” She won’t send ’em over. They want the articles sent over. She has been trying to do something, and it’s blown up in her face.

Her strategy was to hold those articles and force McConnell — because of some kind of imaginary public pressure that was gonna be applied to him — to accede to her demands on the trial (i.e., there would be witness; i.e., there would be Bolton; i.e., there would be a whole bunch of people that the House didn’t call) and Pelosi for some reason thought that holding the articles and not sending them over would somehow apply pressure on McConnell and the Republicans in the Senate would say, “Okay! Okay! If you want to call witnesses, just send ’em over.”

But that hasn’t happened. McConnell has stood firm. As the Turtle, he hasn’t moved. She hasn’t… None of this has worked. Bottom line: None of what she was attempting has worked. She’s no closer to getting what she was aiming for — i.e., an expanded investigation under the guise after trial in the Senate. So now the Democrats are breaking away. They’ve grown impatient. “What the hell are you doing? Send them over!” She said she was gonna send ’em over.

I guarantee you… She said some things yesterday, and people literally thought we had it yesterday. Democrats and the media really thought she was gonna send ’em over today. In fact, you might have gone to bed last night thinking you’re gonna wake up today and the articles of impeachment would be delivered to the Senate. Well, had you listened to me yesterday, I would have told you that’s not the case, not gonna happen.

There’s no way it’s gonna happen, particularly after I heard what Pelosi said yesterday. After I heard what Pelosi said yesterday, I gave her some advice. Grab audio sound bite number 2. This is the advice I gave Pelosi — and I think this is still operative. I’m not gonna believe that those articles of impeachment will ever get to the Senate ’til I actually see it happen. She said today she’s going to “take steps” to deliver the articles of impeachment to the Senate. Take steps? What’s “take steps” mean?

Well, she’s gonna have a meeting with her caucus on Tuesday. There’s no need for a meeting with the caucus unless there is still a gigantic amount of indecision — and there is, because none of this has worked the way they intended. I’m just gonna remind you again. Not one thing, starting with Russia meddling in the election and Russia colluding with Trump — not one thing — has worked. Stormy Daniels didn’t work, Cohen didn’t work, Avenatti didn’t work, the attack on Kavanaugh didn’t work, the Ukraine crap didn’t work.

Nothing has worked. They are (do not doubt me) beside themselves. This is unknown territory. They’re not used this kind of impotence. In their minds, they’ve got all the weapons and they’ve got all the firing mechanisms. They’ve got the media. They’ve got public opinion! They can shape and bend and flake and form anything they want. Nothing has worked. The original idea was the whistleblower characterizing the Ukraine phone call — that alone — was supposed to cause people to demand that Trump leave!

That alone! Without even doing any hearings in the SCIF, without even calling any witnesses, the whistleblower alone — and then Trump releases the transcript and blows that to smithereens. But this whole effort has been designed to create massive public opinion fleeing from Trump. It hasn’t happened. They don’t have the goods to get rid of Trump in an impeachment or an impeachment trial or the allegation of colluding with Russia ’cause there isn’t any.

There’s no evidence Trump has done any of this. This has always been an effort to move public opinion in massive percentages to anti-Trump, and it hasn’t, and they’re lost. They don’t know what to do now. So now, “Trump is committing war crimes! He took out the terrorists. There was no imminent threat.” I mean, they’re just flailing away. Meanwhile, Trump goes to his rally last night in Toledo and is just laughing at ’em.

Poking fun at ’em, having more fun at their expense, properly characterizing Pencil Neck and talking about Pelosi, begging — begging — for the Democrats to nominate Biden so that he, Trump, can ask him about Hunter nine times during the debates. Trump is on top of the world, sitting there with overflowing confidence, having a grand old time — and these people on the Democrat side are at a loss.

Now they are asking themselves, “Who the hell is in charge of over here anyway?” (interruption) No, no, no. Don’t doubt me. They don’t know who’s running the Democrat show right now, other than the media. Who’s in charge? Now, here’s the advice I gave Pelosi yesterday, audio sound bite number 2. Three… two… one…

RUSH ARCHIVE: She should be pushing the Turtle to dismiss the charges based on what she just said here. “Dismiss equals admission.” There’s your solution, Madam Speaker! There is your answer. She should be pushing for a dismissal of charges and then run around and say, “The Senate knows Trump’s guilty, and that’s why they dismissed the charges ’cause they don’t have the guts to do a trial.” When the truth is, there’s nothing to try because she doesn’t have a case, and her articles of impeachment do not present a case. This is why she’s not gonna send ’em over.

RUSH: Yeah. Look, I know I’m a lone wolf. She’s saying they’re gonna go over there Tuesday. I’ll believe it when I see it. Well, she didn’t specify Tuesday. She said next week she’s gonna “take steps.” But she said yesterday, “Dismissal of charges equals admission of guilt.” That’s what she’s saying. If the Turtle dismisses the charges, he’s essentially saying that Trump’s guilty. Well, she ought to be pushing for that, then, ’cause that’s as close as she’s gonna get.

And then go out and try to make that case. It’s kind of like the advice I gave her. “Madam Speaker, all you’ve got here… The only thing you can do is to accuse the Republicans of bias and partisanship and mean-spiritedness and bigotry and all the rest — and that’s why your articles are not gonna get a fair trial because of the Republicans. You gotta dump on the Republicans.” Those are the two options that she has left, ’cause, folks, if they… (chuckling) If they go to a trial, there’s gonna be an acquittal — and if that happens, she’s toast.

You talk about shooting yourself in the foot or elsewhere?

Talk about self-forced errors?

That would be the creme de la creme!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Rush Transcripts...Jan. 10th 2020
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2020, 06:55:40 pm »

No Imminent Threat? Trump Connected the Dots!

Jan 10, 2020

RUSH: So it appears that the Democrats think — and you’ll hear this in the audio sound bites coming up — they think that Trump and Pompeo are lying to ’em, that there was no reason to get Soleimani because Soleimani was not planning imminent attacks. Trump has said that he was. Pompeo has said that we have active intel that he was planning attacks. He had hit the Saudi oil field. He had attacked an embassy in Iraq. And they’ve got intel that he was planning to hit the U.S. embassy in Baghdad.

Do you know how big that embassy is? People have no idea. Our embassy in Baghdad rivals the Vatican in terms of size. There are 16,000 people in our embassy there. It’s a lot of potential damage just waiting to happen. But they’re trying to claim that Trump made it all up, that there wasn’t any intel. Trump said at his rally last night that the reason he didn’t let Congress know first is ’cause they would have leaked it.

And there’s no doubt about that. If Adam Schiff had gotten hold of this or Pelosi, you know damn well they’d a called somebody in the media and tried to sabotage the mission, not because they love terrorists because they’d try to undermine Trump. That’s all they’ve got. The only thing the Democrat Party has is attempting to undermine Trump at whatever stage and with whatever policy that he happens to be interested in or engaging in. And there’s no question he’s right about it.

But on this imminent threat, this is really how empty they are and how baseless they are. “Trump didn’t have any evidence. There’s no imminent evidence that Soleimani was going to hit our embassy.” Do you remember — and I pointed this out yesterday — George W. Bush, after 9/11, after a week or so had gone by, maybe two and the dust had settled and the fake unity had finally evaporated and the Democrats once again became partisan, what did they say?

They said that George W. Bush didn’t connect the dots. They said Bush is an idiot. They said Bush and his administration are a bunch of fools. It was clear as day what bin Laden was gonna do. The signs were all there. But of course the FBI couldn’t talk to the CIA because of the wall the Clintons had built between various agencies so they couldn’t share data. That was Jamie Gorelick. I’m sure you remember this as I bring it up. But their point was was that Bush had all the data. He had all the information to conclude that something was up, but he didn’t do anything.

So Bush didn’t connect the dots and therefore Osama Bin Laden hitting us on 9/11 was Bush’s fault, even though it was the Clinton administration who twice had a chance to take out bin Laden and both times failed to do so. There were two different occasions where Bill Clinton was told we’ve got bin Laden on a silver platter. One was in Africa. I forget where the other one was. And Clinton decided not to do it for a host of reasons rooted in the fact the world would hate us, we’re a super power, he’s this little terrorist guy. It just wouldn’t have made sense. It wouldn’t have fit with other elements of the Clinton foreign policy.

But my point is that all of that took place over years. There was no imminent threat, meaning there was no intel saying in the next five days bin Laden’s gonna attack the World Trade Center. But there was all kinds of chatter. So now let’s jump forward to Soleimani and this incident. Trump has done exactly what the Democrats were demanding and accusing Bush of not doing. Trump has connected the dots. We’ve got intel, says this guy, number two in Iran, number one terrorist, planned on hitting a bunch of American targets in addition to the over 600 Americans he’s already responsible for killing. And so we’re gonna take him out.

So in this case Trump has done exactly what they said Bush didn’t do, and now they want to go after him for war crimes? This is how baseless they are. They are standing in quicksand.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: I want to go back to Monday on this very program and something that I, eh, pretty much predicted.

RUSH ARCHIVE: Since they have now corrupted the entire original intent of impeachment, what is to stop them? They can impeach Trump for anything they want if they can get the votes for it — and in the House, they clearly can. So Schiff or some other committee chairman can open hearings on whether or not Trump is usurping his power by not consulting Congress and ordering military action, say, against Soleimani or anything else that might happen in any theater of military operations. Nothing to stop them from doing this other than common sense and political restraint, which they have demonstrated they have none.

RUSH: All right. So there I was predicting they could reopen impeachment, bring Soleimani and terrorism into it. Here’s Eric Swalwell on CNN this morning. Question: “In your briefing from the [regime] on the death of Soleimani, did they tell you that there was a threat to U.S. embassies?”

SWALWELL: In the multiple briefings I’ve received on this, they have not shown imminence. But they have also now consistently shown that the president — whether it’s on Russia, Ukraine, or Iran with this recent Wall Street Journal reporting — puts his interests above America’s interests. And this Wall Street Journal reporting seems to be more consistent with who Donald Trump is, that over the holidays, GOP senators who would be crucial to him for the impeachment trial were urging him to take actions in Iran, and that’s connected to what he did.

RUSH: There you go. Now they’re folding this into their whole impeachment thing, that Donald Trump doesn’t do anything for America that isn’t good for Donald Trump first — and then you heard the word “imminence.” “I didn’t see any imminence in the…” This imminence business can be nuked easily (I showed how to do it in the first five minutes of the program today), and turn it right back on them with Bin Laden or any other terrorist they fail to take out when we had the chance, when they were running the show.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2020, 07:27:50 pm »

Trump Has Produced Unparalleled Economic Success

Jan 10, 2020

RUSH: We’ll move on to the economic news because, man, that is just unparalleled. It’s incredible, 29,000 at the Dow Jones Industrial Average. Are you ready for this statistic? One-third of the gain from 28,000 to 29,000, Dow Jones Industrial Average, is due to people buying Apple stock, and of course Apple products. One company. One-third of the gain, 333 points of that 1,000 is Apple. Apple, the company, now worth $1.4 trillion.

Other companies that have driven up the market are McDonald’s, Microsoft, American Express, Johnson & Johnson, American classic companies. The unemployment news is great, and particularly the wage gains are all happening in the bottom two quintiles. Okay, yeah, quintile, like we have five different categories of income. And the bottom two, the lowest, you know, five categories, so quintuplets, quintiles, the bottom two quintiles where people are earning the least is where wage growth is the fastest, which is exactly what you want.

There is no way, there is no way to oppose it, there is no way to cast aspersions on it, but leave it to the Democrats to try to find ways, and they are.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: To the economic news, and it’s mind-boggling. The Dow Jones Industrial Average is at 29,000. It is up 11 — what was it, 11,000 since Trump took office? It’s just unprecedented. Now, some in the media are saying, “Well, this is not any big deal because the average American is not in the stock market. It’s for the rich.” Some infobabe on CNN actually said, “Well, this isn’t any big deal because half the American people are not in the stock market.”

That is a crock. If anybody has any kind of a retirement plan at work, you are in the market. If you have a 401(k), if you have a SEP-IRA, if you have a SEP Keogh you are in the market. There’s any number of ways average Americans are in the market, may not even know it. But still, what’s the point? Got great economic news and you want to pee on it. You want to pee on, you’re trying to tell people, “Well, it’s not gonna affect you. Doesn’t mean anything for you.”

In the meantime, 145,000 new jobs were added in an economy already featuring full employment. There were 256,000 jobs added in November, 145,000 jobs last month. Unemployment holding steady three and a half percent. It’s the lowest in decades, like five decades. Wages are up 2.9% year over year, but the important thing, again, about the wage increases is where they are happening. They are happening at the lower end of the pay or wage scale. It’s exactly where you would want to see wages going up.

In fact, if you want to talk about negatives or problems related to these economic numbers, here’s one for you. There aren’t enough skilled workers to fill the jobs that are open now that feature nonwhite-collar or college degree-requirement work. There are all kinds of jobs available out there, and the number of skilled people to fill them is not sufficient.

So the market’s up. It’s, again, over 29,000. That’s an 11,000-point gain since Trump took office. (sniveling) “Well, Rush, that doesn’t mean anything! That w-w-w-wouldn’t matter! It could have gone up with any president.” Well, no, because it didn’t go up 11,000 with any other president. This is not an accident. It’s not a confluence of events that are coincidental. This is the result of specific policy, and we conservatives have been beating our chests over this for as long as we’ve been alive.

Conservative economic policy works. Here’s the proof. It’s in the pudding: 11,000 points in three years added to the DJI. That’s a record. That might never be touched. In addition to that, there is no… There’s always inflation, but there isn’t any killer inflation. There’s not even any really detectable inflation — and there is no recession. There is no recession despite the best efforts of the Drive-By Media to talk everybody into thinking that there is.
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2020, 08:58:06 pm »

Deranged Leftists Blame Trump For Iran Shooting Down Ukrainian Jet

Jan 10, 2020

RUSH: Yesterday we played a clip of Trump. He was talking to reporters in the Oval Off… Well, no. It was at the infrastructure event that the president had, and we may have been the only ones to point this out.

Trump said yesterday that Soleimani was planning to blow up the U.S. embassy, and I remember asking, “Is that not news?” Nobody in the media touched on it. Nobody in the media covered it. Now we know why today. It’s because they’re trying to claim that Trump is lying or that he’s wrong about it or that he’s making it up to benefit himself somehow — which is what they’re continuing to say, that everything Trump does is for him.

“He’s putting himself before American policy!” I don’t know how this does that, but that’s their story and they’re sticking to it. I thought it was news yesterday when Trump said that Soleimani was planning to blow up the U.S. embassy — this would be in Iraq, in Baghdad — and if that’s true, that’s reason enough to take the guy out. That’s called “connecting the dots.” Let me repeat for you. People may not know this. The U.S. embassy in Baghdad is the largest and most expensive embassy in the world that we have.

The U.S. embassy in Baghdad is almost as big as Vatican City, and nobody knows this because there are never any pictures of it, and it’s… You know, it’s not a featured destination. It’s not a great diplomatic appointment. It’s not like being appointed ambassador to the Court of St. James. (That’s Great Britain.) I mean, that is a cushy, ceremonial, really cool gig. Ambassador to Iraq? Your life is on the line.

This thing is heavily fortified. It goes back to the days of our invasion, the establishment of the Green Zone. You know how much it cost to build this embassy? It was $1.3 billion. The embassy, our embassy in Iraq has offices for more than 16,000 personnel. That would be a lot of casualties. If you have an embassy that expensive, that big, that many people in it, and you have intel that the military terrorist architect in Iran is gonna hit it?

Well, there’s your dot that you connect, and you take the guy out.

He deserved to be taken out even if this wasn’t the intel, which is another point that Trump has been making. He’s responsible for the deaths of hundreds and hundreds of military personnel — IEDs, “roadside bombs” that Trump refers to them as. “A senior defense official backed up the statements later on Thursday, telling reporters the U.S. had intelligence about multiple plots and threats involving Soleimani, including one that involved a plan to attack the embassy using explosives,” and then Trump made the point again last night at his rally in Toledo.

So here. Let’s go back to the audio sound bites. Number 6 we’re up to. This Jackie Speier, Democrat from California last night on CNN.

SPEIER: I have been briefed on it in the Intelligence Committee, so I’m not really at liberty to say. But if what is being projected is true, uh, this is yet another example of collateral damage from the actions that have been taken in a provocative way by the president of the United States.

RUSH: There you go. We are to blame! It’s our fault here. The question she was asked: “Do you think the Iranians assumed this was some sort of U.S. military plane?” This is about the Ukrainian jet that was shot down. Somehow, this is our fault. Somehow, this is Trump’s fault. Somehow that Ukrainian airliner taking off at Tehran — you know, the Ayatollah International — is Trump’s fault.

These people are loony. It’s delusional. (impression) “Well, I’ve been briefed on it in the Intelligence Committee and am not really at liberty to say. But if what’s being projected is true, this is yet another example of collateral damage from the actions that have been…” So we take out Soleimani, the Iranians take out a Ukraine jet, and it’s our fault. If you use this kind of thinking, we would never…

And the Democrats have been this way with… I don’t care whether it’s terrorists or domestic criminals. For as long as I can remember, the Democrat attitude toward bad guys is, “Don’t try to catch ’em! Don’t put ’em in jail! You’re only going to make them mad!” That has been their standard operating procedure. When Republicans are in the Oval Office, do not go to war, do not take out terrorists.

It’s only gonna make ’em mad. Everything Bush did, for example, opening up Club Gitmo and having Abu Ghraib, all of that was just going to be a gigantic recruitment for terrorism, right? This is what the Democrats always do, find a way to blame us, find a way to blame their own country, even when we take proactive, defensive measures.

And I, for one, get tired of it. I get tired of hearing these people consistently side with bad guys. I don’t care whether they are domestic criminals; I don’t care whether they are international terrorists; they definitely are the blame-America-first crowd.

Here’s Mazie Hirono, Senator from Hawaii. She was also on CNN this morning. The question: “President Trump claimed that Soleimani was actively planning new attacks, looking at attacking U.S. embassies, not just in Baghdad. Did you see any intelligence that said that?”

HIRONO: No. So this is an example of the president embellishing as he goes. I have no idea where he got that from, but that’s par for the course for this president.

CAMEROTA: The intelligence that you saw did or did not suggest an imminent attack?

HIRONO: It did not suggest to my, uh, I, I concluded after the, after the fact briefing that was done, uh, after the president’s, um, basically impulsive decision to kill Soleimani, uh, that there was no imminent threat.

RUSH: Now, folks, she couldn’t do a better job if she was a spokeswoman for the mullahs. Somebody tell me the difference. “I didn’t see any intel.” Well, maybe they didn’t show you anything because they were afraid people like you would leak it. Maybe they didn’t show you the intel because they know or suspect that you would use it somehow to undermine the president since that’s the chief modus operandi of the Democrat Party today, is to do whatever they can to damage Trump. You know, whatever mess they make in the process they’re telling themselves they’ll fix later, after they get the White House or what have you.

You couldn’t have a statement that was more friendly and supportive of the mullahs, the ayatollahs in Iran, than what you just heard there from Mazie Hirono. Here is the blackface prime minister of Canada, Justin Trudeau, late yesterday afternoon in Ottawa talking about the crash of the Ukraine international plane. There were some Canadians on board. And this is his response.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: It seems this is the end result of a sequence of events that was sparked by the drone strike ordered by the U.S. president. So given the information you have, how much responsibility does the United States bear for this tragedy?

TRUDEAU: The evidence suggests that this is the likely cause, but we need to have a full and complete and credible investigation to establish exactly what happened. That is what we are calling for and that is what we are expecting will happen.

RUSH: Now, he was asked again in French, the little blackface prime minister there, and here is how that sounded.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: (through translator) Do you feel that the U.S. is partly responsible for this, given that they created the situation in which the missiles were launched?

TRUDEAU: (through translator) I think that’s one of the many questions that people will be thinking about.

RUSH: Now, you people, I don’t care if you’re Trudeau, if you’re Mazie Hirono, Jackie Speier, Eric Swalwell, Pelosi, Adam Schiff, let me just tell you something. I don’t know if you’ve looked at the polling data yet, but if you people want to continue to try to separate Trump from his supporters, if you want to try to run his public approval numbers down by taking the side of an avowed enemy of not just ours, but Israel and other American allies, then go right ahead. But I for the life of me can’t figure out your thinking.

Do you really think that by opposing the president and sounding sympathetic to the Iranians, you are going to hurt Trump? Have you learned nothing in the last three years? You guys are a bunch of Wile E. Coyotes. Every Acme corporation bomb has blown up in your face, in your hands. And you keep running and buying more of these bombs, and they keep blowing up on you.

You really think this, Justin Trudeau, you really think blaming Trump for the Iranians shooting down a Ukraine airliner is gonna sell? In order to pull something like that off, in order to make that, you have to have a foundation of pre-existing hate for Trump beyond your own sordid, radical base. And you don’t. You’re doing the exact opposite of what you intend. You are building support for Trump.

People are rallying around Trump, they are supporting, they are cheering what this president is doing in every which theater you can imagine: economics, domestic policy, foreign policy, War on Terror, he’s being cheered. People are lining up in subfreezing temperatures for hours to get into his rallies. And you really think that you’re gonna make hay by blaming Trump for what the Iranian terrorists are doing?

And then by saying Trump had no reason to take out Soleimani, even though he is responsible without any imminent attack, for the deaths of hundreds of Americans so far and counting? So you’d have to conclude they’re not that dumb. So this is obviously fundraising. But I’ll tell you what else it is, folks — and coming up I’m gonna break this down — the Democrat Party, outside of the media, has become leaderless in Washington. It isn’t Pelosi. And it’s not Chuck You Schumer. And it isn’t anybody.

There’s nobody establishing a leadership plan, a leadership strategy. There’s nobody enforcing discipline on the troops. It’s just everybody out there speaking and doing for themselves, trying to get noticed and the Drive-Bys are televising all of it hoping somebody connects with the American people on some level that they could actually oppose Trump or cause him problems. But they’re just flailing away.

I mean, stop and think, you literally pass two articles of impeachment, and you don’t send ’em to the Senate? And you think somehow this is gonna cause negative numbers for Trump when what it does is cause average, ordinary American to say, “What the hell are you doing? Okay, so you impeached the guy. Now what? You’re not gonna send the case over to the Senate? There’s not gonna be a trial?”

It’s the Democrats and their actions that are inexplicable. Not true. They are totally understandable. They’ve been poisoned with partisanship and hatred, and it’s clear as a bell that’s what drives them.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: I’ll tell you what’s actually kind of funny about all this is that when you boil it all down — and don’t misunderstand me. I mean this specifically. Donald Trump is an anti-war president. He campaigned on anti-war. He campaigned on ending wars and ending our involvement in ’em when there’s no national interest. He campaigned on getting us out of them, and he’s doing it. And the Democrats are trying to paint him as a warmonger. That is the nature of the disconnect.

You know Pompeo, secretary of state, and Mnuchin, the secretary of the Treasury, had a little press briefing today. The Drive-By Media was there in all of its ignorant glory about foreign policy and sanctions in Iran. Pompeo outlined who is in charge in Iran and how the sanctions that we have now placed on them after the killing of Soleimani is gonna drive them of any way to grow terrorism.

Trump is literally choking off the economics to grow terrorism. Get this. Pompeo said that Iran’s oil revenues are down 80%. They cannot access 90% of their reserves. Contrast that to the Obama administration. The Obama administration opened rivers of cash for them to thrive, hand delivered it on pallets to their airport. Trump is choking them off and sequestering them without a war.
Support the USO