Author Topic: Pelosi set to send impeachment articles to the Senate next week  (Read 296 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pelosi set to send impeachment articles to the Senate next week
« on: January 10, 2020, 05:22:44 pm »
Pelosi set to send impeachment articles to the Senate next week
By Cristina Marcos and Olivia Beavers - 01/10/20 11:51 AM EST

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said Friday that she expects to send the articles of impeachment against President Trump over to the Senate next week, breaking the standoff that had delayed the trial over his dealings with Ukraine.

The move, which came amid increasing pressure on the Speaker to drop her hold on the articles, means Democrats will move forward in appointing impeachment managers who will make their case that Trump committed high crimes and misdemeanors in Phase Two of the impeachment trial, which will weigh whether the president should be removed from office.

"I have asked Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler to be prepared to bring to the Floor next week a resolution to appoint managers and transmit articles of impeachment to the Senate," Pelosi wrote in a letter to Democrats.

"I will be consulting with you at our Tuesday House Democratic Caucus meeting on how we proceed further," she added.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/477700-pelosi-set-to-send-impeachment-articles-to-the-senate-next-week
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Pelosi set to send impeachment articles to the Senate next week
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2020, 05:35:18 pm »
My opinion, McConnell told her that they are going ahead with the trial with-or-without her.
Also, she wants to get this impeachment over with, so she can start the next one which they are already preparing.
Likely it will have something to do with Trump killing that Iranian mass-murderer, without getting Pelosi's "explicit permission" first.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2020, 09:01:36 pm »
The Turtle needs to start on Monday-without her. Dethrone the Empress of America and make her irrelevant.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline berdie

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2020, 09:10:50 pm »
The Turtle needs to start on Monday-without her. Dethrone the Empress of America and make her irrelevant.

I agree.  The Impeachment Show has been on hiatus long enough.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2020, 09:15:34 pm »
"just kidding.... "

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2020, 10:08:22 pm »

That would be a good idea.  Make the new rule applicable to all laws passed by the House. Do away with the "cherry box" they use to hand-carry Bills back and forth.  This is the 21st Century, where the people see the Bill the moment its passed.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2020, 02:24:27 pm »
:YAWN:

The only people really paying attention to this sham are die-hard political junkies, and Trump-haters who are too low-info and clueless to realize that nothing said or presented is even close to impeachment worthy.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.