Author Topic: Omar sounds off after Minnesota county bans refugee resettlement -- aided by Trump executive order  (Read 481 times)

Offline EdinVA

After an executive order by President Trump made it possible, a northern Minnesota county on Tuesday night opted to ban the resettlement of refugees within its boundaries, becoming the first in the state and the second in the nation to do so....In a Twitter message Wednesday, Omar -- who immigrated to Minnesota from Somalia as a teenager -- saw the vote differently.
“Over 20 years ago, the state of Minnesota welcomed my family with open arms. I never would’ve had the opportunities that led me to Congress had I been rejected,” Omar wrote. “What Beltrami County is doing is denying refugees a chance at a better life.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/omar-minnesota-county-refugee-ban-trump-executive-order

Offline EdinVA

Maybe folks are waking up...

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Maybe folks are waking up...

Omar can shove it up her ass. I would bet she, in a large way, is the reason for this decision. People are sick of her brand of BS and don't want to pay for any more.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline verga

Minnesota is finally showing some common sense after Jesse Ventura and Al Franken.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline dfwgator

Minnesota is finally showing some common sense after Jesse Ventura and Al Franken.

She'll be re-elected easily.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
She'll be re-elected easily.
Sure, between the Somali enclave of Little Mogadishu and other constructed ethnic communities brought into existence  by refugee resettlement policies in Minnesota. I hope the locals are waking up (finally) to the demographic shift this is imposing on multigenerational residents.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I sent this story to my friend the County Supervisor.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: