Author Topic: Trump Admin Blocked Again in Effort to Deny Green Cards for Immigrants on Food Stamps  (Read 597 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
KYLA 1/8/2020

A federal appeals court in New York on Wednesday rejected a motion from the Trump administration that would have allowed it to implement a policy connecting the use of public benefits with whether immigrants could become permanent residents.

The ruling from the 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals denied the administration’s motion to lift a temporary national injunction that had been issued by a New York district court in October after lawsuits had been filed against the new policy.

The new rule would potentially deny green cards to immigrants over their use of public benefits including Medicaid, food stamps and housing vouchers, as well as other factors.

More: https://ktla.com/2020/01/08/trump-admin-blocked-again-in-effort-to-deny-green-cards-for-immigrants-on-food-stamps/

Offline PeteS in CA

I'm pretty sure that, in order to be allowed to enter the US, my paternal grandparents had to show they would not be dependent on whatever government social programs existed then or on private charities. That should be today's standard.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I'm pretty sure that, in order to be allowed to enter the US, my paternal grandparents had to show they would not be dependent on whatever government social programs existed then or on private charities. That should be today's standard.

@PeteS in CA

Yeah,but where are the votes for Dim candidates in something like that? Are they supposed to only rely on dead people for enough votes to win elections?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@PeteS in CA

Yeah,but where are the votes for Dim candidates in something like that? Are they supposed to only rely on dead people for enough votes to win elections?
They do now, at least to put them 'over the top'.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Hell, my parents after waiting years had to prove to an immigration court in Germany that they had a sponsor before being allowed to immigrate and once hear had to swear not to seek or accept one penny of government aid for a period of five years wit a violation earning them expulsion. But now all you have to be is brown and from south of the border and democrats are begging you to take taxpayer money.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Hell, my parents after waiting years had to prove to an immigration court in Germany that they had a sponsor before being allowed to immigrate and once hear had to swear not to seek or accept one penny of government aid for a period of five years wit a violation earning them expulsion. But now all you have to be is brown and from south of the border and democrats are begging you to take taxpayer money.

@GtHawk

Yes,but as you point out yourself,your parents weren't members of the Master Race.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!