Author Topic: James D. Goodridge – climate skeptic pioneer and mentor, 1928-2020  (Read 508 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Watts Up With That? by Anthony Watts 1/9/2020

It has taken me a couple of days to bring myself to write this. It is with great sadness that I announce the death of my dear friend and mentor, James Goodridge, on Sunday, January 5th after an illness. Jim, who was probably the single most influential person in influencing my thinking about climate, led me down the path from climate alarmism to climate skepticism.

Jim was the former State Climatologist for the state of California, and when he retired, he moved to Chico which is how I came to know him and his work. A quiet and unassuming man, he spent the majority of his life compiling climate data, to determine what stories it told, and to share it with everyone.

Jim, like no other professional I know, was all about the data, particularly rainfall data. So much so that the California Department of Water Resources still had him on professional retainer for decades after his retirement. He was tremendously well-respected by his peers, so much so that he was given a special award.

More: https://wattsupwiththat.com/2020/01/09/james-d-goodridge-climate-skeptic-pioneer-and-mentor-1928-2020/