Author Topic: Rush Transcripts...Jan. 8th 2020  (Read 416 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush Transcripts...Jan. 8th 2020
« on: January 08, 2020, 06:39:03 pm »
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/

The Life Lesson in Using American Military Power for Good

Jan 8, 2020

RUSH: Folks, we have just in the last — ah, you could say two days, the last week, we have had demonstrated for us one of life’s most basic lessons. And I want to try to explain this. I gotta tell you, I was so frustrated watching television last night as the Iranians launched their little puddle jumper missiles. I’m watching, I don’t care what channel I turned to, not even gonna mention them. All the networks, they’re acting scared, “Oh, my God. Oh, my God. Oh, my God. Iran’s launched, oh, my God. We pray for American servicemen.”

Where is this attitude? Where does it come from? This is the opening here of life’s lesson. This attitude that we somehow are helpless, that we’re overmatched, that we’re overpowered. “Oh, no. What have we done now? Oh, my God. Look at what the Iranians are doing.” What did Iranians do? Nothing!

The minute I heard last night that the Iranians tipped us off that the missiles were coming, it was plain as day, Trump wins. They did this as a show of face-saving for other Arabs and Persians in the region, but they didn’t dare, they didn’t dare want to injure a single American. They launched the missiles into sand. They didn’t even use laser-guided missiles. They used ballistic missiles. I think four of the 12 didn’t even make the full run. Didn’t survive.

This country, for too long, has had a foreign policy that is rooted in the notion that we provoke the rest of the world, that we are the problem, that we’re not the solution, and that it is our superpower status that is the problem. We’re too powerful. It isn’t fair. We’re too big. It isn’t fair. And the rest of the world hates us because of that. None of that is true.

And yet that is the exact kind of thinking that guided the Obama administration. It’s the exact kind of thinking that gave us Madeleine Albright, the same kind of thinking that gave us the Obama nuclear deal. Inside of a week — well, inside of a couple of months, the United States, Donald Trump, has taken out two of the world’s most active and prolific merchants of death, al-Baghdadi and Qassem Soleimani, both dead.

It did not require a massive invasion. It did not require years to do. Inside of basically a short period of time, one of the greatest gifts to the civilized world has been given: two monsters eliminated. It did not take a land war. It did not cost thousands of lives. It needs to be celebrated, and the awesome ability to project power, the United States, is recognized by our enemies, if not by many Americans.

The Iranians, I told you yesterday, the Iranians know they will be wiped out with Donald Trump if they behave as they have in the past. Trump in his speech today made a point of how big our missiles are. We got big missiles. Our missiles are bigger than yours, and they’re more numerous than yours. He also made a point that the missiles fired last night were paid for with the cash delivered to the Tehran airport “by my predecessor.” That would be Barack Obama.

He’s exactly right. I’m gonna charitable with Obama. And I’m not gonna accuse Obama of having anti-American interests and pro-Middle Eastern interests. I think Obama is like many of the American left today who really think that the world’s unfair because the United States is so big. That we’re the problem and that appeasement is the only way to get along with people. Show them we mean them no harm, show them we love them, show them that we recognize that we are the provocateurs and, trust us, we don’t want to hurt you.

What does that do? It just encourages them to continue to be exactly who they are. Along comes Donald Trump, and inside of a week has sent the exact opposite message to the Middle East, to NATO, to the rest of the world that the United States doesn’t consider itself the problem anymore. The United States doesn’t consider itself the provocateur. The United States is not gonna apologize for what we are. The United States not gonna apologize for what we’ve done. We’re not gonna apologize for what we have.

We are going to protect what we have. We are going to grow what we have because we’re the good guys, and we are the agents of positive change for anybody in the world that wants to join us. And anybody that stands in our way and kills Americans is not going to get away with it. Folks, this has not been American foreign policy for a long time. The reason this is such a standout is because it is so unusual.

We’ve never had an American president in a national television address, like Trump just did, tell the truth about Iran. It’s never happened because we have been guided by previous administrations for decades, with a few exceptions, that appeasement is the only way to peace, that acting as big as we are, acting confident about who we are is unnecessarily provocative.

If you think I’m making this up, let me give you an example that I remember off the top of my head. During the Obama administration, some delegation from the ChiComs was in town, and we started some… The Obama State Department started talking to the ChiCom members of this delegation about their human rights abuses. The ChiCom guy said, “Wait a minute! You’ve got no right telling us about human rights abuses. Look at your past.”

And the Obama guy said, “Oops! You know what? You’re right. We have no right to tell you about human rights abuses because we are just as guilty as you are.” So even though we do have the moral authority — particularly compared to any communist nation, we have the moral authority — to preach, the Obama administration gave it away because of the belief that we don’t have this right, that we don’t have this moral authority or superiority.

So the United States, with Obama and with previous administrations, really didn’t want to use its goodness and its decency and its power because it was all considered, ah, maybe illegitimate or unjust or provocative or what have you. The life lesson here: A show of force — a willingness to be honest about what you say you will do when everybody knows you have the ability to do what you do — is the way to use power for the good, to use power for positive outcomes and results. There’s no reason for the United States to apologize.

There’s no reason for the United States to feel guilty. There is no reason for the United States or its people to feel frightened over these kinds of things. The Iranians? Folks, if it is true — and it is. I saw it last night. The Iranians tipped us off. They tipped off the Iraqis, and the Iraqis tipped us off that the missiles were coming. It’s the surest sign that taking out the number two terrorist in the world was a positive. It was a big win.

It was not an escalation, as the media and the Democrats attempted to say. It was not endangering us further. This is why I got so frustrated watching television last might. It didn’t matter where I went. We know… The Iranians don’t even have HDTV! The video they gave us of their missile launches was cheap, SD quality, and they kept looping it and looping it, and it made it look like the Iranians were launching thousands, hundreds of missiles (sobbing), “And we had no chance!

“Oh, my God! (hyperventilating) We’re praying. We’re hoping tonight that there are no casualties! We don’t know…” Everybody was so convinced that it was gonna end badly for us. Everybody was so convinced that the Iranians — Pfft! — we were no match for ’em, and I’m just sick of this attitude. I’m tired of it. I’ve had to endure this. It’s the attitude of the American State Department, many previous administrations. It’s the attitude of the deep state. All these people that showed up and testified against Trump?

This is the stuff they really oppose: Using America’s power for good. This is what they don’t like. They’re a bunch of appeasers that want to show up and just continue the process of never solving anything while getting accolades for great diplomacy. Well, we just saw the best diplomacy that there is.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Now, for all of you who are concerned that Trump’s actions here in taking out Qassem Soleimani constitute a violation of a campaign promise not to escalate military activity in the Middle East — “Trump was gonna stop this, Trump was gonna get us out of these things, Trump wasn’t gonna start any wars” — I want to throw something out at you. I actually think that what we saw today and what we will continue to see, ’cause Trump…

Did you hear what he did in this speech? Trump urged Russia and China to get out of this Iranian nuclear deal as well, and he told NATO to step up. Do you realize how big that is? NATO has gotten along for these past decades going to lunch and going to dinner, going to cocktail parties, never having to really do much of anything to justify itself because we’ve always done it. He told them to step up. He told them to get involved with it. I think…

To cut to the chase, I think this is all about getting out of the Middle East. Everybody knows that our geostrategic focus needs to be China, the Pacific. Trump knows it. Everybody knows it. We don’t need to their oil. He made this point. We don’t need Middle Eastern oil anymore. We do not have any dependence whatsoever. We are self-sufficient. Our economy is hot, and it’s getting hotter. The market is soaring today after all of this.

The stock market’s not in panic. It’s not in free fall because Trump took out a terrorist. Our military has never been stronger. Trump made it plain today: We hold all the cards, and we’d like to welcome you into a different kind of existence. We’re also told now that the Iranians did indeed, in fact, warn us that they were gonna fire missiles in the general direction of our bases, and I think we let it happen. We let ’em show their action here to save a little face.

After they did it, they’ve come out and said, “Okay, that’s it! We’re done. We retaliated. We did what we needed to do to keep people on our side of the world happy and believing in us.” But they have made it clear they don’t want any more of Donald Trump. They don’t want any more of the United States — and I’ll tell you, folks, it was great to hear Trump blame Obama. It was great to hear Trump say that these missiles that Iran fired last night were paid for by the cash provided by the previous administration.

Now, of course, the Drive-By Media, that causes them panic. So they’re out there, “No, no, no, no! (sputtering) That — that — that money came from the — the ending of sanctions!” They’ll do anything they can to protect Obama. But the bottom line is, folks, what the media won’t tell you, what the Democrats won’t tell you… Oh, by the way, Dianne Feinstein! The Democrats is where the focus of trouble is today, not with Trump.

Dianne Feinstein has told Nancy Pelosi, “Hey, babe, send the articles over here, will you?” They’re getting worried. What is Pelosi doing? Last night during all of this, Pelosi was out having adult beverages at some fundraiser/cocktail party at a restaurant in Washington after making a speech about how serious this was and about how prayerful we all are, about how concerned we all are. There she is out kicking back with Democrat donors consuming adult beverages. Feinstein says, “W-w-what’s with these articles? Send ’em over here!”

They are in a total state of disarray. The Democrats have nothing to say about what Trump did with Soleimani. None of them. Despite all their bluster at Trump’s incompetence, we don’t have any of them saying it should not have been done. The extent of their comments is that Trump shouldn’t have been the one to do it because Trump is unnecessarily provocative. It’s the same old defensive posture that this country has been known for under liberal thinking and leadership for far too long.

Trump’s speech. Not wild-eyed. It was balanced. It was powerful. He had a show of force with all of the uniformed military personnel from national security apparatus standing with him. Vice President Pence. He told NATO to step up. That is leadership, as opposed to the void of leadership that we’ve had for years. There was nothing maverick about it. There was nothing wild-eyed or irresponsible about it. He didn’t say the U.S. would unilaterally act. In fact, he said that Iran is standing down.

He exhorted allies, NATO. Step up. Join us. Here’s the problem for the left, the problem for the Democrats. Who cannot have confidence in America under this kind of leadership? Unprecedented economy, energy independence. We have no economic deterrent stopping us from dealing properly with Iran and other bad actors in the Middle East, because we’re no longer dependent on and hostage to the oil from that region of the world.

I really think that the long-term objective here is to get the United States out of the Middle East. As a focus. We’re never gonna leave it. Don’t misunderstand. But I say this because so many people had this panicked reaction when we killed Qassem Soleimani. “Oh, my God. Trump’s violating a campaign promise. He’s starting a war!” He didn’t start a war and he didn’t escalate anything. He ended it, with a proper show of force that says:

“We’re not going to sit here and stand by idly while you continue to kill Americans, in uniform or not.” Some of you might be thinking, “Rush, you’re just describing the United States as a bully.” There’s nothing bully about this! This isn’t the schoolyard. This isn’t some frat hazing that’s going on here. This is real life, and we’re not being bullies. We are standing up for ourselves and allies because we recognize we are the good guys, and there’s no shame in it.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Rush Transcripts...Jan. 8th 2020
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2020, 07:24:54 pm »

Military Mom Outraged by the Left: Our Enemy Is Within

Jan 8, 2020

RUSH: Debbie in Cleveland. Welcome it’s great to have you, Debbie. Hi.

CALLER: Thank you, sir. Very nice to talk to you.

RUSH: Well, I’m glad you made it through. What’s up?

CALLER: Sir, my son was called to duty, to deployment. On Tuesday evening we got a phone call from him, for a matter of a minute, that he loved us and he was going to Iraq. That was the last time we heard from him until this morning. One of the wives reached out to my daughter-in-law and told us he’s based in Taji, and I’m not sure what’s going on, but I have to be honest with you, sir, I am 120 percent behind my president.

There’s no doubt about it, my family, a hundred percent. We have every trust in him. However, we were listening to the news last night, as a military mom I gotta tell you, it kind of sinks in a little bit, what they were showing, what they were saying, and it was frustrating as all goes, what was said. And I cannot take these stomach cramps. I have to tell you, sir, I feel I’m not worried about the enemy at this point. I feel like the enemy is within our own country.

RUSH: Is your son with the 82nd Airborne by any chance?

CALLER: Yes, sir. And he only has four more months to go.

RUSH: Let me tell you, you need to proud, any military —

CALLER: I am. I am.

RUSH: But the 82nd Airborne — they’re called up for this and deployed. Look, I can understand you being frightened last night. Let me try to clarify something about this. The families of military people during hostilities like this, it’s natural to be frightened. I was not impugning that. It’s an attitudinal thing with me. Look, do you remember — I check the emails during the break. Debbie, thanks for the call. I’m very appreciative of your comments. Do you remember when Obama was elected, the first two, three years, the apology tour?

He goes around the world and apologized for the U.S. here and there. I don’t remember the specifics, but he had a couple of big Middle Eastern speeches, and he essentially apologized, he’s bowing to the king of Saudi Arabia and all this. It infuriated me. But what it told me was what these people think of America. By “these people” I mean modern-day Democrats and leftists. And they believe the United States is the problem.

They believe we’re the problem in the Middle East by being there, that simply being there is provocative and peace is impossible with us there. Yet they never get us out. They just continue to run around and expand our presence there while attitudinally ripping us, and it just offends me. It’s the exact opposite. We are not the problem. And we are not the provocateurs unless it’s a particular policy to try to provoke somebody into action. But I’m talking about general overall attitudinal things ’cause I love the country.

I do not believe this country is the problem. I do not believe that we have any apologies to make. I do not believe that our superpower status and our size automatically should handcuff us because it makes it unfair for people and nations who are smaller or less powerful because that attitude ignores the very simple concept that we’re the good guys.

It’s like when Trump comes down the escalator on June 15th and announces Make America Great Again, what in the world is controversial about that? And yet it is to a lot of people. Make America Great Again means some cockamamie things to certain people. But it’s as simple and straightforward as anything could be.

Now, what Debbie saw on TV last night is what I saw. It didn’t matter what channel. This is not a rip on biased media. It’s an acknowledgment of how pervasive years and years and years of the American people being conditioned to believe America is at fault because of our size, our status, our colonialist impulses, which don’t exist.

We take out Soleimani. The Iranians respond. And the attitude all over TV was we’re cooked, we’re done. Oh, my God. Oh, my God. We were hoping this wouldn’t happen. Like if Iran responds, we’re toast. Iran was not even responding. Iran was saving face, launching missiles into sand pits. And it had to be frustrating for families of military people who are deployed in that region to have the United States portrayed as somehow a sitting duck, imminently wiped out.

I’ll give you an example again. We liberate Kuwait after Saddam Hussein moves in to take over. ABC News’ Sam Donaldson does story after story about how we don’t have a chance, we don’t know desert warfare, our troops aren’t trained for it, the Iraqi’s are, we’re gonna be wiped out. The story is how many body bags American troops are gonna need, and then we wipe him out in two days.

And then Gulf War I happens, the same thing happens with that. History is the United States doesn’t lose unless we set out to, like in Vietnam. We don’t lose. And yet the attitude is, “Oh, my God, the Iranians are launching missiles. Oh, my God. Oh, my God.” Without even waiting to see what the results are or what’s behind all this. So I can understand people being frightened by it.

Anyway, I think, just to try to make the point again, that we have somebody of an entirely different attitude about America, America’s place in the world, America’s strength, the fact America’s the good guys. And that’s Donald Trump. And you’re seeing what happens with that kind of attitude about the country coupled with leadership along those lines. It’s such a stark contrast.

We are getting out of that region. We’re not expanding our presence. We’re not escalating. And how are we getting out? By using the force and the power that we have, which no one in the world can compete with.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2020, 07:41:06 pm »

CNN Settles with Nick Sandmann

Jan 8, 2020

RUSH: CNN has confirmed that they settled with the student from Covington Catholic High School, Nick Sandmann. CNN has reached a settlement with Sandmann, the northern Kentucky high school student who had sued CNN saying it defamed him.

A CNN spokesperson confirmed yesterday with the Cincinnati Enquirer that a settlement was reached. The network would not comment on the details. Nick’s lawyers would not respond to phone calls or emailers requesting details.

You remember this. Sandmann and his buddies were touring Washington, D.C., last January when out of nowhere a Native American Indian activist by the name of Nathan Phillips started responding to a disturbance that was created by the Congressional Black Israelis or whatever they were called, and Nathan Phillips starts charging up to Nick Sandmann. And Sandmann stands there and smiles trying to defuse the situation.

The Drive-By Media loses it, talking about how they would love to punch the kid in the face and knock that smirk off of his face. And they portrayed Nick Sandmann as the guy who started it. Then they said Nick Sandmann was obviously a white supremacist and a racist, and he was taunting this frail, old Native American activist, Nathan Phillips. It’s Phillips up there playing some war drum, banging on it with his group of supporters following up there face-to-face with Sandmann.

It was at a March for Life rally on January 18th that Sandmann and his high school classmates attended. Phillips was attending the Indigenous Peoples March. Sandmann sued CNN, asking $275 million. It was filed last March. The lawsuit stated: “CNN brought down the full force of its corporate power, influence, and wealth on Nicholas by falsely attacking, vilifying, and bullying him despite the fact that he was a minor child.”

“Sandmann has also sued NBC and the Washington Post. His lawyers have said they also intend to sue Gannett, which owns The Enquirer,” and of course USA Today. We don’t know how much money, but I mean, it was outrageous what they did to that kid and his schoolmates. And it was classic, a classic illustration of the true bullying nature of the American left today.
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2020, 08:14:13 pm »

Media Melts Down Over Iran’s Pathetic Strike

Jan 8, 2020

RUSH: I want to get some of the audio sound bites here of the some of the Drive-By Media that happened last night and this morning after Iran launched its impotent little salvo at a couple of bases in Iraq where Americans were stationed. We have a montage here — this is audio sound bite number 3. This is literally the Drive-By Media praising Iran for intentionally causing no casualties and saving the world from the madman, Donald Trump.

Now, let me give you the timeline of this. Last night when Iran launches its missiles, which we all saw in cheap, standard definition video, we saw two launches and they were looping ’em, made to look like a constant barrage of launches, but it was just two, a cheap fireworks show. And so everybody in the media is in a state of panic. “Oh, my God. Oh, this is what we feared. The awesomely powerful, omnipotent Iranians are gonna wipe out America. Oh, my God. It’s all Trump’s fault. Oh, my God. Oh, my God.”

Then we learn that the Iranians didn’t hit anything, by design, that they were engaged in a face-saving maneuver designed appease their own out of control wackos in their country, but they knew full well they didn’t want any part of Donald Trump. They tipped us off that these missiles were aimed at nothing.

So the Drive-Bys, when they learned that — there’s that video right now, Snerdley. There it is. Well, that launch they didn’t have last night. CNN’s running the video that I’m talking about. Cheap SD quality video that Iranian TV provided. At any rate, so now the Drive-Bys — yeah, our little montage here — go out of their way to praise Iran for restraint in purposely avoiding American targets so as to not provoke our madman president.

RICHARD ENGEL: This was a calibrated response. We’re still waiting to hear from President Trump. Is he going to come out and taunt the Iranians?

ERIN BURNETT: Was that intentional? By Iran, to not have there be American casualties? To provide an off-ramp?

BRIAN WILLIAMS: Off ramp. Zero casualties. Does that afford the president of the United States an off ramp?

ANDREA MITCHELL: Iran deliberately missed. They have such highly precise missiles. We know that they can do this if they really want to.

RUSH: (laughing)

JAMES CLAPPER: The administration, skated by another one. We may have dodged a bullet here.

BRETT MCGURK: We kind of dodged a bullet.

DEXTER FILKINS: If in fact they didn’t kill any Americans, then we all got lucky.

CHRIS CUOMO: Who’s going to give that message to the president? If he’s listening tonight, God bless him, I hope you’re trying to be your best self.

MAX BOOT: I would hope that President Trump would take this opportunity.

RUSH: It just never ends. The bad guys are the good guys. The bad guys have all the talent. The bad guys have all the precision. The bad guys hold all the cards. The bad guys are making a fool of our president. The bad guys, boy, I hope our president, oh, I hope he doesn’t revert to his real self, says Fredo Cuomo.

Let me give you some of the identities here. It was Andrea Mitchell, NBC News, Washington, who said Iran deliberately missed, they have such highly precise missiles, you know. We know they can do this if they really want to. Oh, yeah, see? The Iranians are unstoppable. We can’t stop ’em. We can’t beat ’em. The Iranians, man, we’re lucky they were being so nice. We’re lucky that the Iranians purposely missed, otherwise, oh, we don’t even want to think about it.

These people cannot even conceive of the fact that we’re the good guys and that we have the precision and that we have the ability to project power that the Iranians can only dream of. No, it’s all from the standpoint that Iran holds the cards, Iran’s running the show. James Clapper of the Trump-Russia coup effort, “Well, the administration skated by –” See, Trump is just an idiot, wandering around in the White House, doesn’t know what’s going on and he dodged a bullet because the goodness and the good graciousness of the Iranians.

Chris Cuomo. “Who’s gonna give that message to the president?” Meaning the Iranians have launched missiles, like Trump doesn’t know. Fredo’s telling the world the Iranians launched. Trump doesn’t know. Fredo’s worried who’s gonna tell Trump. God bless Trump. I hope he’s trying to be his best self-tonight. Here’s more Andrea Mitchell, NBC News, Washington. Sound bites 20 and 21. This was today, NBC.

MITCHELL: By saying that, again, as he has said for years, that in the Iran nuclear deal, that he provided — that the Obama administration provided $150 billion, that’s just not factually correct, that was unfreezing the frozen Iranian assets that have been frozen since 1979 when they took the hostages, the 52 hostages and took over our U.S. embassy. So the Iran nuclear deal did allow Iran to get back its own assets, and that’s a lot of the money that he is describing.

RUSH: Okay. Is this not a difference without a distinction? We had put sanctions on Iran since 1979. They took 52 hostages. And what’s Obama do? Obama comes along and pretty much apologizes and unfreezes the assets and then delivers the cash to the Tehran International airport on a pallet. We saw it. It was Obama who delivered the cash. They want to split hairs over whether or not it was our money or the Iranians’ money.

But regardless, they cannot permit any criticism of Obama. And so that’s what Trump did today. Trump blamed all of this — he said these missiles, these missiles launched on our targets last night were paid for with money from our previous administration. And that’s Obama. And it’s true.

In what sane world does a president of the United States deliver $1.8 billion in cash? That’s what Obama did all throughout his effort to appease — and then sign the stupid nuclear deal with Iran, which today Trump urged the ChiComs and the Russians to also get out of. And what do you bet they will? Chuck Todd, NBC, also distressed that Trump blamed Obama in his speech today, claiming that Obama made it possible financially for Iran to launch the missiles last night.

TODD: They did, and he took it. Ummm, but he didn’t want to look like he took it. You know, we’re glossing over that. The sitting president of the United States (snickering) accusing essentially the previous president of helping to finance, uh, Iranian weapons is — is — is quite remarkable that he’s willing to push the envelope like that with the office — with this office. I mean, I guess at this point we shouldn’t be surprised that he does these things anymore. It’s still (snickers) a remarkable thing that he actually did it.

RUSH: Yeah? What is remarkable, Chuck? Is it remarkable that Obama did it and that Trump is pointing it out? Should Trump just not mention these kinds of things? Is that the way it works, that current presidents do not say critical things of their predecessors? These guys still can’t figure out that they’re dealing with somebody entirely outside their sphere. They’re dealing with somebody, Donald Trump, outside their bubble — and they don’t even now know how to process it. They live in a constant state of disbelief, being offended.

“How dare he say that about Obama!”

But it all happened. It all happened. I don’t care whether it was Iranian money that had been frozen and unfrozen. I don’t care if it was our money. Obama delivered it, and why did Obama deliver it? Why was Obama trying to appease Iran? Because of a failed philosophy about how to deal with enemies, and that philosophy — through many previous administrations, not just Obama’s — was rooted in the belief that it’s all the United States’ fault. And if it’s not our fault, it’s certainly within our power to control.

“We’re so big and so powerful, and that alone frightens and intimidates and provokes.” So we’ve had a succession of administrations and a constant civil service corps — State Department ambassadorial corps — who have believed that the United States, by virtue of our achievements and existence, is a destabilizing force in the rest of the world. And we’ve got a president who doesn’t think that, thinks the exact opposite — and this is what that looks like.
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2020, 08:47:07 pm »

Trump’s Messages to the Mullahs

Jan 8, 2020

RUSH: Here’s a little bit of President Trump today from the speech. We’ll start at audio sound bite number 6. He made a dramatic entrance. Oh! A lot of people are wondering why this particular area of the White House. This was not the Diplomatic Reception Room. It was not the Oval Office. It was not the East Room. It wasn’t a room, actually. It was a hallway. I’ll tell you where this was.

If you remember watching some presidential prime time press conferences, you see the president come out of a door and walk down a long hall with a red carpet on it. It’s in that hallway that this took place. The pillars are right there. The Drive-Bys are seated behind the pillars. There were some Drive-Bys that probably did not have a view of the president and the podium because they were behind a post, a column. So why was it there? Well, the decor of that area happens to be red and gold.

In Middle Eastern culture, he who has the gold holds all the cards. Even the choice of location in the White House was a message to the mullahs and the terrorists in Iran — and do not doubt me on this. It’s just like George H.W. Bush would never pronounce Saddam Hussein’s name correctly. He always called it “SAD-um,” because in certain parts of Iraq the word “SAD-um” is the equivalent of a dirty shoe with animal feces on it.

So he pronounced Saddam’s name “SAD-um,” and everybody said, “Does Bush really not know how this guy pronounces his name?” No, he knew. Just like Trump knew a lot of red and a lot of gold sends a signal to the mullahs: He who has the gold holds all the cards. The president came out in that setting and before even greeting the room told everybody that Iran will never get a nuclear weapon on his watch.

THE PRESIDENT: As long as I’m president of the United States, Iran will never be allowed to have a nuclear weapon. Good morning. I’m pleased to inform you, the American people should be extremely grateful and happy. No Americans were harmed in last night’s attack by the Iranian regime. We suffered no casualties. All of our soldiers are safe, and only minimal damage was sustained at our military bases. Our great American forces are prepared for anything. Iran appears to be standing down, which is a good thing for all parties concerned and a very good thing for the world.

RUSH: If they are standing down — and they are, and that’s what the launch of the missiles into sandpits last night meant. So we get away. We kill the number 2 powermonger in that country, and they’re standing down. They’re standing down. What’s the lesson? What’s the life lesson? What’s the message? There’s no reason to be afraid, folks. Ah, if you want to be afraid, go ahead. I’m not gonna try talk you out of it. Some people like living afraid. I’m saying, there’s no reason. There’s reason to be proud, reason to be confident.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Here’s Jim in St. Louis. I’m glad you waited, sir. Hello.

CALLER: Truly an honor, Rush. Thank you kindly for allowing me to call. Right to the point. In ’78 when we had a peanut farmer that was totally as incompetent as a president could be, the day that Ronald Reagan — the great Ronald Reagan — got inaugurated, they got the message. The message was sent, and ever since that time the message was there, and it never was pushed because they knew Ronald Reagan was capable of doing the right thing to make sure that they were standing in line.

As the policy and the international policy proceeded through the decades, here we came again to a chance to prove who we truly are and what a great country we are. That is our president, Donald Trump. He sent the message, and he said, “I will back it up,” and he did back it up. The very point is through the years, people ignored the fact that they understood only one thing, and that was the person of the word of Ronald Reagan. He said he would do it. They knew he would do it. So they released ’em. Here we come to Donald Trump, full circle, and he did it, and Donald Trump will never back down from these people.

RUSH: Yeah, but, you know, you’ve made a good point, or you’ve helped me make a good point here, and you can make it about more than this. We had a roaring economy in the eighties that was jump-started by tax cuts. Why do people forget that? Why do the Democrats get away with characterizing the eighties as an irresponsible decade of greed and selfishness? They start raising everybody’s taxes left and right. Trump comes along, cuts taxes. Look at the economy. It is roaring in ways we haven’t seen, in some of our cases, in our lifetimes. Reagan, you’re right about dealing with Iran back in 1979 in the presidential campaign — and yet, after that, we forget all about it and we become appeasers again every time with any president after Reagan. Now we got a new phase here with Trump again. The cycle repeats.
Support the USO