Author Topic: Ukraine airliner crashes shortly after takeoff from Tehran just 3+ hours after the launch of missile  (Read 5502 times)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I have little doubt that Iranian forces were on high alert, looking for US air assets to hit their launch sites. It is entirely possible that the Iranians shot down the airliner, but unlikely we'll hear them say so.

If confronted with incontrovertible evidence of such an error, they will either deny that is the case, or trot out some underling and execute him for his crimes.
Execution of underlings in 5...4.....3....2......
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Glad they admitted it.  Horrible accident.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Radio Free Europe

https://www.rferl.org/a/iran-admits-unintentionally-shot-down-ukraine-airliner/30371437.html

WATCH: Iranian General Says Commander Had '10 Seconds' To Decide On Shooting Airliner

The statement, reported by state TV earlier on January 11, quoted the military as saying the plane was mistaken for a “hostile target” after it turned toward a “sensitive military center” of the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC).

It added that the military was at its “highest level of readiness" amid raised tensions with the United States.

The statement also said those responsible for the tragedy, which killed all aboard the plane, would "immediately" be brought to justice.

Offline PeteS in CA

What's with the scorn quotes?  Bad though the Iranian regime is, does the headline writer really suspect it was intentional, a decision to whack a particular passenger and rather than just arrest him or her while on the ground in Tehran and do the deed in a prison basement just take out 178 others with the target?  And if that's not what it was, and it was really unintentional, does the headline writer suspect that the anti-aircraft battery had a technical fault, rather than it, in fact, being human error?

The several days of blatantly lying before finally saying, "Oh, crap, we got caught!" kind of fuels the suspicion that it was more than an accident. The lies, the proximity to an international airport, that it was a scheduled flight, that it likely was on a known flight path from the airport, these all suggest the people in charge of local air defense need to be asked very pointed questions around the theme, "How could you not know?"

I'm not suggesting it was intentional, but if it was not, there it took a HELL of a lot of ignorance and negligence on the part of quite a few people for it to have happened. One of the questions, to some very high-level people should be, "Why didn't you shut down all major commercial airports as soon as the missiles were launched?" IMO, this looks to have been very preventable.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline PeteS in CA

WATCH: Iranian General Says Commander Had '10 Seconds' To Decide On Shooting Airliner

The statement, reported by state TV earlier on January 11, quoted the military as saying the plane was mistaken for a “hostile target” after it turned toward a “sensitive military center” of the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC).

BS! It was coming from a major international airport, and all but certainly on a standard flight path (runways and take-off paths are typically aligned to an area's prevailing winds). Among other significant clues that it was a commercial flight (automated radio identification, climbing, ...).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline EdinVA

BS! It was coming from a major international airport, and all but certainly on a standard flight path (runways and take-off paths are typically aligned to an area's prevailing winds). Among other significant clues that it was a commercial flight (automated radio identification, climbing, ...).
And filed a flight plan... no excuse.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

The Iranians knew they could just blame Trump and Western media and Rat pols would buy it. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline PeteS in CA

I'm not suggesting it was intentional - though that is a possibility - but if it was an accident, there was massive incompetence at higher levels that exposed the Ukrainian flight when it should have been grounded and that kept the local battery operators very unaware of the environment they were supposed to be guarding. IOW, massive incompetence by higher ups, but the local battery operators are the ones being hypo-vehiculated.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
Have they ruled out the possibility that it was caused by an offensive video posted on the internet?
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Online Smokin Joe

Have they ruled out the possibility that it was caused by an offensive video posted on the internet?
Not enough time to pick just one... :shrug:

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Ukraine demands punishment for Iran plane downing
[AFP]Oleksandr SAVOCHENKO
,AFP•January 11, 2020

Kiev (AFP) - Ukraine on Saturday demanded that Iran punish those guilty for the downing of a Ukrainian airliner and compensate victims while praising Tehran for cooperating with an "objective" investigation.

Ukrainian president Volodomyr Zelensky was due to discuss the incident with his Iranian counterpart President Hassan Rouhani at 5:00 pm local time (1500 GMT), his press office said.

"We expect Iran... to bring the guilty to the courts," the Ukrainian leader wrote on Facebook, calling also for the "payment of compensation" and the return of remains.

Read more at: https://news.yahoo.com/ukraine-demands-punishment-compensation-airliner-downed-iran-082828600.html

This must have been President Zelensky delivering this message looking very stern and somber.
Zelensky addressed Ukrainians regarding Boeing 737 crash
Source : 112 Ukraine
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky released a video message after talking with the President of Iran
22:28, 11 January 2020

Volodymyr Zelensky
president.gov.ua

President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky addressed Ukrainians regarding the crash of Boeing 737 in Tehran. The press service of the Office of the President reported this.

Zelensky’s address was announced after consultations with a group of Ukrainian experts who work on the site of the tragedy, and with international partners and after a telephone conversation with Iranian President Hassan Rouhani.

"In these difficult days, I want to say the following. I will return all the deceased to their families. They will be able to say goodbye to them. We honor their memory. All those guilty will be punished,” Volodymyr Zelensky told Ukrainians after a telephone conversation with Iranian President Hassan Ruhani.

Read more at: https://112.international/ukraine-top-news/zelensky-addressed-ukrainians-regarding-boeing-737-crash-47407.html?utm_source=Intern&utm_campaign=News&utm_medium=Channel

« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 11:39:38 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

Iran plane downing: 'Several people detained' for shooting down airliner

Several people have been detained in Iran over the accidental shooting down of a Ukrainian passenger plane with a missile, the country's judiciary says.

Spokesman Gholamhossein Esmaili said investigations into the incident were continuing, but provided no details.

President Hassan Rouhani said the probe would be overseen by a "special court".

Read more at: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-51104687

The Iranian government could be at a "scape-goating" state or this all could be authentic. I saw, they were already talking about some official that they say should have stopped all flights but this doesn't seem to be about him.

Online DB

The Iranian government could be at a "scape-goating" state or this all could be authentic. I saw, they were already talking about some official that they say should have stopped all flights but this doesn't seem to be about him.

Governments like Iran do not allow individuals at lower levels to make these sort of decisions. It is hugely unlikely that these missiles were fired without orders from the top or near the top. Iran clearly knew at the highest levels that we were not going to retaliate for their missile launches into Iraq. Not closing their air space is example A. They may have even told us what their plans were in advance to avoid causing a situation that would have required a military response all so they could save some face while quietly deescalating. Basically that being the compromise so that they could/would back down. This was something they could not tell their underlings though, it had to appear that they were attacking the Great Satan and that America didn't nothing. It was for public consumption only.

Offline PeteS in CA

Yeah, I would want to know who is under the bus. If just the battery crew and a couple command levels above the crew, it's cheap scapegoating.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I've always wondered
Was the missile battery set to AI or auto mode? It may have fired on its own.
Why did IFF not disable the missile from firing?
Did the Ukrainian Airline not respond to a challenge?
Was a challenge ever given? (obviously not)
All the Iranians had to do was to simply ask, 'Identify yourself'.
That's what makes me think it was automatic.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Was Iranian Missile Operator Tricked Into Shooting Down The Ukrainian Airlines Plane Over Tehran?

Signs of the Times by Joe Quinn 1/13/2020

https://www.sott.net/article/427303-Was-Iranian-Missile-Operator-Tricked-Into-Shooting-Down-The-Ukrainian-Airlines-Plane-Over-Tehran

It's 2am on January 8th 2020 and our guy is sitting in a Tor-M1 air-defense missile system about 10kms north-west of Imam Khomeini international airport, west of Tehran.

By 6am the only thing he can report having seen on his radar screen are each of the 9 scheduled flights that departed the nearby airport that night. He watched them take normal flight paths off the northwest runway, climb into the clear night sky and then veer north or northeast. Since the Tor-M1 system he is operating is fitted with IFF (Identification Friend or Foe) functionality, he could even see their call signs. The second-to-last one was Qatar Airways Flight QR8408 heading for Hong Kong.

The last flight that night would be Ukraine International Airlines Flight PS752 heading for Kiev. It departed one hour late at 6.12am, but followed the exact same initial flight path as the previous flights. As it climbed and reached 4,600ft above ground level, the plane's transponder suddenly stopped working at about 6.14am, 2 minutes or so after take off. The plane then made a sharp right turn heading east and turning back around towards Tehran city, traveling another 15-20kms over 4 minutes before crashing into an area near a football field and exploding on impact.

For some as yet unknown reason, our guy had suddenly become convinced that the Boeing 737 was an 'enemy target'. As per protocol, he had requested authorization to launch, but his superiors could not be reached because of 'some problem with the communication network'. Again according to protocol, he had a 10-second window in which to decide whether to launch or not. Still convinced the 737 was a cruise missile or enemy aircraft, he launched the two missiles that sealed the fate of the 178 people on board.

More at link.

Online DB

Was Iranian Missile Operator Tricked Into Shooting Down The Ukrainian Airlines Plane Over Tehran?

https://www.sott.net/article/427303-Was-Iranian-Missile-Operator-Tricked-Into-Shooting-Down-The-Ukrainian-Airlines-Plane-Over-Tehran

I didn't think there was any actual evidence the plane turned around. That the "turn around" claim was Iranian subterfuge to cover a "mechanical failure".

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I imagine he got tired of blip after blip flying by, and was itching to shoot something, anything.  His brothers working the missiles hitting Iraq were having all the fun.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online mountaineer

New Video Shows Two Iranian Missiles Hit Ukrainian Plane
Security camera footage verified by The New York Times shows that two missiles fired 30 seconds apart took down Flight 752, killing all aboard.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/14/world/iran-plane-crash-video.html?smid=nytcore-ios-share
(I am not registered at NYT, so can't share the story)

Found the story at the NY Post:
Iran plan crash: Video shows two military missiles taking down Ukraine plane
By Yaron Steinbuch
January 14, 2020 | 2:46pm

Security camera video shows for the first time that Ukrainian International Airlines Flight 752 was struck by two missiles fired from an Iranian military site about eight miles away, according to a report.

The New York Times reported that it has verified the footage, which helps explain why the Boeing 737-800’s transponder stopped working seconds before it was struck by a second missile.

An earlier analysis by the newspaper confirmed that an Iranian missile struck the plane shortly after it took off from Tehran en route to the Ukrainian capital of Kyiv.

The paper also established that the transponder ceased working before that missile hit the plane.

The latest footage appears to confirm that the first strike disabled the transponder before the second strike — also seen in the video – about 23 seconds later, the Times reported. ...
Link to story and video
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 11:40:45 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
New Video Shows Two Iranian Missiles Hit Ukrainian Plane
Security camera footage verified by The New York Times shows that two missiles fired 30 seconds apart took down Flight 752, killing all aboard.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/14/world/iran-plane-crash-video.html?smid=nytcore-ios-share
(I am not registered at NYT, so can't share the story)

Found the story at the NY Post:Link to story and video

I thought it was already settled that Trump forced them to shoot own that airliner.  He actually went to Iran and was in the room when they pushed the launch buttons.  Said, "Make Iran Glow Again!"
I will NOT comply.

Offline PeteS in CA

Offline TomSea

When the truth hurts, arrest the messenger! https://www.reuters.com/article/us-iran-crash-video/person-who-posted-video-of-missile-striking-ukrainian-airliner-has-been-taken-into-custody-fars-news-idUSKBN1ZD2D9

Yes, I just heard this myself, amazing.

Iran plane downing: Person who filmed video arrested

Iran says it has arrested the person who filmed the footage showing a Ukrainian passenger plane being shot down by a missile.

It is believed the person being detained will face charges related to national security.

Flight PS752 was brought down after it took off from Tehran on Wednesday, killing all 176 people on board.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-51114945

Online Smokin Joe

When the truth hurts, arrest the messenger! https://www.reuters.com/article/us-iran-crash-video/person-who-posted-video-of-missile-striking-ukrainian-airliner-has-been-taken-into-custody-fars-news-idUSKBN1ZD2D9
No surprise, there,  Anyone who ever releases anything that reflects badly on the regime will be punished/silenced/eliminated...

This is also why we have to be careful about releasing what we know/knew, when we knew it, how we knew it, etc., because the nature of the information could cause the source to be killed for divulging it.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 12:18:39 am by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor

Offline TomSea

Get a load of what Heshmat Alavi (born in Iran) says here. I would not know. Maybe some here are more savvy in these matters.

Heshmat Alavi
@HeshmatAlavi
#BREAKING
This video is confirmed to be the Ukraine Int'l Airlines flight #PS752 being shot down by Iran's IRGC.

Considering the 30 seconds between the two SAM missile launches, this was no accident at all as claimed by Tehran.

https://twitter.com/HeshmatAlavi/status/1217220533235912705

Can he make such a claim, "this was no accident", it probably adds to the stew more.  I don't get the claim but we will see.  To me, it means they aimed two missiles at the plane.

And especially, the Ukrainians, they might be able to figure this out.

I did not post the story but the Ukrainians were saying from their media that they knew days ago, that the plane was shot down. I believe they cited the shrapnel in the photos. They knew but just played along with it. Now what do the Ukrainians or other people in the know say?

Heshmat, imo, jumps the gun, he hates the regime so much.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 01:23:15 am by TomSea »