Author Topic: Ukraine airliner crashes shortly after takeoff from Tehran just 3+ hours after the launch of missile  (Read 5531 times)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Russian missile strike eyed as one of many possible causes that led to plane crash in Iran: Ukraine
https://www.foxnews.com/world/ukrainian-passenger-plane-never-radioed-for-help-before-crash-black-boxes-damaged-iranian-investigators-say

Russians never miss a convienient diversion.  Will be interesting what Urkranians were on that flight.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
There was a Iranian report of a US plane shot down shortly after their missile strike, according to a streaming source I was listening to. It was quickly dropped. I wonder if this wasn't it.
Precisely the sort of 'fog of war' sort of incident I'd suspect.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Saw a post somewhere that reported the black boxes were severely damaged in the "crash" and much of the data is missing.   The reply to that was:

"A missile strike will do that!"
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

rangerrebew

Breaking – Dubai News: Iranian Missile Took Down Ukrainian Plane That Exploded After Takeoff From Tehran Airport

(Gateway Pundit) – The first footage was released of Iranian officials at the crash site of the Ukrainian plane that killed at least 170 people.

An Ukrainian Airlines plane carrying 180 passengers and crew crashed tonight just minutes ago after takeoff from Tehran, Iran!

This comes on the same night that Iran fired a dozen missiles at US bases in Iraq.

Al Hadath Dubai News reported a missile took down the Ukrainian flight.

https://outragedpatriot.com/breaking-dubai-news-iranian-missile-took-down-ukrainian-plane-that-exploded-after-takeoff-from-tehran-airport/

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Saw a post somewhere that reported the black boxes were severely damaged in the "crash" and much of the data is missing.   The reply to that was:

"A missile strike will do that!"

So will any crash of a jetliner fully loaded with fuel shortly after takeoff.   But the circumstances - and especially Iran's refusal to release the black boxes -  sure do point to the likelihood that Iran downed the plane, or that there was a bomb on the plane.    Why would a plane ascend normally to 8,000 feet and then suddenly explode?   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline mountaineer

Kris Van Cleave  @krisvancleave

@cbsnews: US officials are confident Ukrainian Flt 752 was shot down by Iran. US intelligence picked up signals of the radar being turned on & satellite detected infrared blips of 2 missile launches, probably SA-15s, followed shortly by another infrared blip of an explosion.
11:27 AM · Jan 9, 2020
--------------------------------------

The currently thinking is the plane was mistakenly targeted. Remember it took off just hours after Iran launched its missile attack while the world waited to see if the U.S. would respond militarily.
11:37 AM · Jan 9, 2020
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Iranian Missile System Shot Down Ukraine Flight, Probably by Mistake, Sources Say
By Naveed Jamali , James LaPorta , Chantal Da Silva AND Tom O'Connor On 1/9/20 at 11:00 AM EST

The Ukrainian flight that crashed just outside the Iranian capital of Tehran was struck by an anti-aircraft missile system, a Pentagon official, a senior U.S. intelligence official and an Iraqi intelligence official told Newsweek.

Ukraine International Airlines Flight 752, a Boeing 737–800 en route from Tehran Imam Khomeini International Airpot to Kyiv's Boryspil International Airport, stopped transmitting data Tuesday just minutes after takeoff and not long after Iran launched missiles at military bases housing U.S. and allied forces in neighboring Iraq. The aircraft is believed to have been struck by a Russia-built Tor-M1 surface-to-air missile system, known to NATO as Gauntlet, the three officials, who were not authorized to speak publicly on the matter, told Newsweek.

One Pentagon and one U.S senior intelligence official told Newsweek that the Pentagon's assessment is that the incident was accidental. Iran's anti-aircraft were likely active following the country's missile attack, which came in response to the U.S. killing last week of Revolutionary Guard Quds Force commander Major General Qassem Soleimani, sources said. ...  Newsweek

Offline DB

@cbsnews: US officials are confident Ukrainian Flt 752 was shot down by Iran. US intelligence picked up signals of the radar being turned on & satellite detected infrared blips of 2 missile launches, probably SA-15s, followed shortly by another infrared blip of an explosion.
11:27 AM · Jan 9, 2020
--------------------------------------

The currently thinking is the plane was mistakenly targeted. Remember it took off just hours after Iran launched its missile attack while the world waited to see if the U.S. would respond militarily.
11:37 AM · Jan 9, 2020

Sounds very likely. So Iran's retribution only ended up killing people on their own soil.

Offline dfwgator

Sounds very likely. So Iran's retribution only ended up killing people on their own soil.

"You're doing it wrong!"

Offline PeteS in CA

Iranian Missile System Shot Down Ukraine Flight, Probably by Mistake, Sources Say
By Naveed Jamali , James LaPorta , Chantal Da Silva AND Tom O'Connor On 1/9/20 at 11:00 AM EST

The Ukrainian flight that crashed just outside the Iranian capital of Tehran was struck by an anti-aircraft missile system, a Pentagon official, a senior U.S. intelligence official and an Iraqi intelligence official told Newsweek.

Ukraine International Airlines Flight 752, a Boeing 737–800 en route from Tehran Imam Khomeini International Airpot to Kyiv's Boryspil International Airport, stopped transmitting data Tuesday just minutes after takeoff and not long after Iran launched missiles at military bases housing U.S. and allied forces in neighboring Iraq. The aircraft is believed to have been struck by a Russia-built Tor-M1 surface-to-air missile system, known to NATO as Gauntlet, the three officials, who were not authorized to speak publicly on the matter, told Newsweek.

One Pentagon and one U.S senior intelligence official told Newsweek that the Pentagon's assessment is that the incident was accidental. Iran's anti-aircraft were likely active following the country's missile attack, which came in response to the U.S. killing last week of Revolutionary Guard Quds Force commander Major General Qassem Soleimani, sources said. ...  Newsweek

Further down in the article:

Images began to circulate Wednesday of what appeared to be fragments of a Tor M-1 missile said to have been found in a suburb southwest of Tehran. Ukraine Security Council Secretary Oleksiy Danylov said Thursday in a statement that contact with a Tor M-1 system was among the potential causes for the plane's destruction that his country was looking into as Ukrainian and Iranian officials met.

Other potential scenarios involved a collision with an unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) or another flying object, technical malfunction and a terrorist attack.

The airliner crash was some 3 hours after the missile attacks on US bases, well within the time-frame when Iranian defense personnel would have been on alert and manning AA missile an gun batteries. So it is very possible that Corporal Ima Moroni or Sub-Lieutenant Idi Oti F'ed up.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 05:41:16 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline mountaineer

Calvin Coolidge  @kramerreport

Iran shot down a Ukraine civilian airliner, using a Russian surface-to-air missile. This crash that killed 176 people was no accident.
Iran is helping Russia commit terror against Ukraine.
Who pulled the trigger?
Obama, Jarrett, Brennan, Clinton, Kerry?
It wasn’t Soleimani!

12:17 PM · Jan 9, 2020

Offline PeteS in CA

BTW, I forgot to mention in my post above that I think that, regardless of the cause of the airliner crash, it was crazy-negligent for the Iranians to allow airline flights out of their airports after launching their missile attacks. Some senior government official should have wrung up the airports the moment the missiles were launched and ordered a 6-12 hour shutdown of all outgoing flights and then had the shutdown status broadcast to all inbound flights, landing just those few that could not divert.

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DB

BTW, I forgot to mention in my post above that I think that, regardless of the cause of the airliner crash, it was crazy-negligent for the Iranians to allow airline flights out of their airports after launching their missile attacks. Some senior government official should have wrung up the airports the moment the missiles were launched and ordered a 6-12 hour shutdown of all outgoing flights and then had the shutdown status broadcast to all inbound flights, landing just those few that could not divert.

Unless the senior commanders weren't expecting much of a response to a staged "slap in the face" to the Great Satan and didn't want to disrupt the lives of an already unhappy populace.

Where the lower military people/public wouldn't have been told that it was all for show and instead got antsy/trigger happy not knowing what was or wasn't coming.

Ultimately being a miscalculation by their commanders of how their own people would respond to their own apparent escalation.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Alleged video (New, not the one that many have already seen):

CNW
@ConflictsW
New video that has been positively located to Parand, Iran showing an Iranian Air Defence Missile hitting Ukrainian Airlines flight PS752.
#Iran #Ukraine

https://twitter.com/ConflictsW/status/1215357130628378624

You really do see something here but I'm still not so sure, it could be a video of some other incident.

As said, especially after the MH17 experience in  Ukraine, during these hostilities and for a few hours at least, no planes should have been allowed to fly.

Alleged moment of impact, the lower one, the top light seems to be a lamp post seen during the whole video:
CNW
@ConflictsW

2- The Missile impact an object in the sky (PS752)  and an explosion is seen

https://twitter.com/ConflictsW/status/1215358677504446467

Bellingcat received the video:   

https://twitter.com/bellingcat/status/1215352457972404226
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 08:04:33 pm by TomSea »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
There were no American airliners anywhere near there because the FAA closed that airspace earlier in the day.  It is foolish in the extreme for Iran to have allowed any commercial flights in the mist of a time they're looking for American sorties. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I am going with my own version:

"Lying deceitful muslim Iran, shot down a commercial airliner, intending to blame it on America."
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline DB

There were no American airliners anywhere near there because the FAA closed that airspace earlier in the day.  It is foolish in the extreme for Iran to have allowed any commercial flights in the mist of a time they're looking for American sorties.

Unless they weren't expecting American sorties at the top level of their government.

Offline DB

TomSea's video post does like like a missile strike. But we have no real way of knowing if that video is of this particular incident.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
New video shows Iranian missile hitting Ukrainian Airlines Flight 752 before it crashed killing 176 - including 63 Canadians - as Trudeau joins Trump in saying passenger jet may have been brought down 'unintentionally'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7870409/Video-appears-surface-air-missile-hitting-Ukrainian-plane-moments-crashed.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Let's see.

US kills one Iranian terrorist

Iran retaliates with zero U.S. casualties.

56 Iranians dead after stampede.

176 more civilians dead after Iran shoots down passenger jet.

Bwahahahahahaha
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline TomSea

Not enough posts to get a sticky (meaning discussion will be placed at the top) but if we hit page #3 soon, maybe.

I guess, all the least that can be done for those who perished in this tragedy is to be remembered:

Man who lost 'love of my life' in Iran plane crash plans to keep alive her legacy of caring
'She taught me how to love, how to connect with people and how to open up'
CBC News · Posted: Jan 09, 2020

Daniel Ghods-Esfahani lost his beloved girlfriend Saba Saadat, as well as her mother and sister, in Wednesday's plane crash in Iran. (Supplied by Daniel Ghods-Esfahani)
Daniel Ghods-Esfahani lost his beloved girlfriend in Wednesday's plane crash in Iran, and says he plans to dedicate his life to ensuring her legacy of caring and kindness continues.

Saba Saadat and her sister, Sara, and their mother, Dr. Shekoufeh Choupannejad were killed when a Ukrainian passenger plane crashed minutes after takeoff from Tehran's international airport.

The sisters were passionate about helping immigrants and people in the LGBTQ community, Ghods-Esfahani said.

Dr. Shekoufeh Choupannejad was an obstetrician-gynecologist who worked at the Northgate Centre Medical Clinic in Edmonton. (Supplied by Daniel Ghods-Esfahani)

More at:  https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/edmonton-plane-crash-tehran-1.5421009

Well, I don't know about this caring so much about the LGBQT community but that's their story.  Yet, the mother was a gynecologist.

Offline TomSea

It sounds like they are saying they will allow Ukraine, Canada and even others, to examine and investigate:

Iran invites other countries to join probe into Ukrainian plane crash
15:00, 09 January 2020

Investigators are studying material evidence from the crash site and documentation, while plane wreckage was collected and moved to a safe place.

Iran has officially invited representatives of other countries to investigate the circumstances and causes of the crash of a Ukraine International Airlines plane crash in Tehran, Iran.

"Abedzadeh said the investigation team, in accordance with the standards provided for in Annex 13 to the Chicago Convention invites all countries that are recognized as beneficiaries of this document to authorize their representatives to participate in the crash investigation and appoint their own special groups," as reported on the website of the Civil Aviation Organization of Iran, citing a statement by its head Ali Abedzadeh.

Abedzadeh also said both "black box" flight recorders had been handed over to the investigators today. The Commission is studying material evidence from the crash site and documentation, while plane wreckage was collected and moved to a safe location.

Read more at: https://www.unian.info/world/10823387-iran-invites-other-countries-to-join-probe-into-ukrainian-plane-crash.html

Offline LegalAmerican

That jet was clearly on fire long before it hit the ground.  So it's either an onboard fire that should have resulted in a distress call and evidence of an internally-caused fire, or the Iranians screwed up and shot it down.

My money is on the latter.

BINGO!  Apparently there is now video showing it being struck by an anti-aircraft missile.

Offline LegalAmerican

Let's see.

US kills one Iranian terrorist

Iran retaliates with zero U.S. casualties.

56 Iranians dead after stampede.

176 more civilians dead after Iran shoots down passenger jet.

Bwahahahahahaha

That stampede was at Samali's funeral!