Author Topic: Some Additional Thoughts about Those Iranian Students in the U.S.  (Read 359 times)

rangerrebew

Some Additional Thoughts about Those Iranian Students in the U.S.

By David North on January 6, 2020

Here are some thoughts about Iranian students in the United States, to supplement those of my colleague Dan Cadman.

Two different studies show that Iranians, once they get to the United States, are more likely to stay here than other, comparable foreign-born populations; and
    The large majority of the grad students from that country I encountered several years ago managed to secure 100-percent funding from the university, and did not rely, as so many grad students do, on summer jobs in industry (because of existing sanctions against such employment).

The two subpopulations of Iranians in the United States I am thinking about both have had a considerable and positive exposure to life in the United States. One consists of those with U.S. PhDs granted five years earlier, and the other of people who became citizens and worked in Social-Security-covered jobs for at least 10 years. People in both groups have much higher "stay rates" than all other comparable foreign-born populations.

https://cis.org/North/Some-Additional-Thoughts-about-Those-Iranian-Students-US

Online dfwgator

Re: Some Additional Thoughts about Those Iranian Students in the U.S.
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2020, 03:21:53 pm »
How many of them are agents?