Author Topic: ‘We’ll do it for half’: Comedian George Lopez takes Iran up on $80M reward to kill US President Trum  (Read 2700 times)

Offline verga

@catfish1957

You ain't by yourself on that one. I literally want to throw something at my tv anytime he comes on.  Same with Fallon.
Kimmel is worse than Fallon, by a country mile.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Kimmel is worse than Fallon, by a country mile.

@verga

Which show is Kimmel on?

I haven't watched or listened to more than a few minutes of any of these late night shows since Leno left,and grew up watching Carson faithfully.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online dfwgator

I look at a lot of old Johnny Carson shows on YouTube.  Late Night Televsion is now 100% worthless and unfunny.  I'd actually pop open a bottle of bubbly, if Stephen Cobert went room temp.

Carson OTOH, was brutal to both sides, and timely.   

Carson did a great Reagan.  Funny, in that whether you liked Reagan or not, you could still laugh.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline verga

@verga

Which show is Kimmel on?

I haven't watched or listened to more than a few minutes of any of these late night shows since Leno left,and grew up watching Carson faithfully.
He sithe whiney little B@$T@RD that cried on his show about the health care crisis and how his son had to have heart surgery. He is the now "woke" hypocrite that used to host "The man show" it was totally misogynistic showing girls in all sorts of states of undress and in compromising situations.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
He sithe whiney little B@$T@RD that cried on his show about the health care crisis and how his son had to have heart surgery. He is the now "woke" hypocrite that used to host "The man show" it was totally misogynistic showing girls in all sorts of states of undress and in compromising situations.

I miss the bikini-clad girls on a trampoline. :crying:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline berdie

I didn't know about the man show. I used to watch his opening monologue on his night show. After the "crying episode" he went koo-koo and just wasn't funny anymore. I thought...Dude, as much money as you make you can't afford insurance or donate to families that don't have it? I will occasionally turn it on to see what unfunny nonsense he is spewing. He out and out lies...but for our young people this is a news source.

Lopez had one decent show and cratered...he's a bitter old man.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 09:27:41 pm by berdie »

Offline Applewood

I look at a lot of old Johnny Carson shows on YouTube.  Late Night Televsion is now 100% worthless and unfunny.  I'd actually pop open a bottle of bubbly, if Stephen Cobert went room temp.

Carson OTOH, was brutal to both sides, and timely.   

There is a tv station called Antenna TV that runs some old Tonight Show/Carson episodes.  And I think you can buy some episodes on DVD. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I look at a lot of old Johnny Carson shows on YouTube.   

@catfish1957

I pull in his shows and a local channel on my ROKU. My favorites were the ones with Buddy Hackett,Johnathan Winters,or Robin Williams. Thinks quickly went out of control.

I think my all-time favorite Carson show was the one where he opened the show by telling everybody "I am going to have a really long monologue tonight because my guests are Johnathan Winters and Robin Williams,and once they come out it's not likely I will get to speak the rest of the night." And he was right. They just fed off of each other for the rest of the show,and Carson was laughing as hard as the audience.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 01:06:33 am by sneakypete »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
@catfish1957

I pull in his shows and a local channel on my ROKU. My favorites were the ones with Buddy Hackett,Johnathan Winters,or Robin Williams. Thinks quickly went out of control.

I think my all-time favorite Carson show was the one where he opened the show by telling everybody "I am going to have a really long monologue tonight because my guests are Johnathan Winters and Robin Williams,and once they come out it's not likely I will get to speak the rest of the night." And he was right. They just fed off of each other for the rest of the show,and Carson was laughing as hard as the audience.

@sneakypete

Yeah, those are great classic TV scenes.  Another of my favorite are when Rodney Daigerfield made appearances.

Comics today suck.  Outside of Ron White, I won't bother listening to any of them.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

Yeah, those are great classic TV scenes.  Another of my favorite are when Rodney Daigerfield made appearances.

Comics today suck.  Outside of Ron White, I won't bother listening to any of them.

@catfish1957

I agree. Then again,I have people in "Real life" who think Ron White steals his stuff from me. Seems he and I have the same outlook on life.

Offline verga

@catfish1957

One of the best was when Dean Martin was on and George Gobel came out doing his Deadpan Lonesome George schtick. I couldn't stop laughing and neither could Dean Martin

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
One of the best was when Dean Martin was on and George Gobel came out doing his Deadpan Lonesome George schtick. I couldn't stop laughing and neither could Dean Martin

For those who want a whole night of laughing, the last I looked a lot of those gut busting Dean Martin Celebrity Roasts are on You Tube. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Applewood

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@verga

I remember that one,too!

Rickles was also always good. Unfortunately,far too many younger comedians tried to follow in his "angry comedy" footsteps who didn't seem to understand he wasn't really angry,he was just kidding.

Offline verga

@verga

I remember that one,too!

Rickles was also always good. Unfortunately,far too many younger comedians tried to follow in his "angry comedy" footsteps who didn't seem to understand he wasn't really angry,he was just kidding.
My favorite Rickles was his bit at Reagan's 2nd inaugural ball. He nailed every one and then ended by wishing the Reagans a long and happy life together. Not going to lie, brought me to tears.

Online dfwgator

My favorite Rickles was his bit at Reagan's 2nd inaugural ball. He nailed every one and then ended by wishing the Reagans a long and happy life together. Not going to lie, brought me to tears.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I miss the bikini-clad girls on a trampoline. :crying:

The Man Show was awesome, but it now looks like Adam Carolla must have been the driving force behind it.  He had no shame then, and still doesn't.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 06:07:00 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The Man Show was awesome, but it now looks like Adam Carolla must have been the driving force behind it.  He had no shame then, and still doesn't.

I like Adam.  It's an acquired taste.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Applewood

The older generations of comedians would be run out of town on a rail if they did their acts today.  Sure, there were censors back in the day, but back then, the focus was on obscenity.  Now much of their material would be deemed offensive because of so-called "racism" or "sexism."    Audiences today consist of a whole bunch of delicate snowflakes who perpetually get their shorts in a twist over nothing. 

Yet, these same snowflakes would have no problem if a comedian overtly or subtly threatened the life of a president they don't like.  They would think that was funny. 

This is a crazy, mixed up world. 

Offline goatprairie

The older generations of comedians would be run out of town on a rail if they did their acts today.  Sure, there were censors back in the day, but back then, the focus was on obscenity.  Now much of their material would be deemed offensive because of so-called "racism" or "sexism."    Audiences today consist of a whole bunch of delicate snowflakes who perpetually get their shorts in a twist over nothing. 

Yet, these same snowflakes would have no problem if a comedian overtly or subtly threatened the life of a president they don't like.  They would think that was funny. 

This is a crazy, mixed up world.
I remember in the sixties how many liberals screamed for the right to say whatever they wanted in front of consenting adults.
Then they wanted to be able to use the f word freely and talk about previously censored subjects like sex and race relations.
Now the climate they engendered has rendered them almost neuter.
I wonder if all the liberal comedians who helped create the current "cancel culture" climate are satisfied with the results of liberal indoctrination and propaganda in the last fifty years.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

I wonder if all the liberal comedians who helped create the current "cancel culture" climate are satisfied with the results of liberal indoctrination and propaganda in the last fifty years.

@goatprairie

I am guessing they are afraid to say.