Author Topic: ‘We’ll do it for half’: Comedian George Lopez takes Iran up on $80M reward to kill US President Trum  (Read 2699 times)

Offline goatprairie

I'd never heard of George Lopez until I read this thread.
Is he supposed to be someone important...?
He is a Mexican-American ..uh...."comedian" who had his own tv show for a while on some cable network. He has been rather mouthy about his dislike for Trump and Republicans in general over the last decade.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
He'd better be.  And what does he mean by "we?"
Yeah, I caught that, too. Is he part of a conspiracy to injure the POTUS? That's hard time, baby.

If enough of these shite-for-brains celebrities spew this nonsense, maybe the next Hinkley will take a crack at it, even though I can't see anyone wanting to date one of them.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Yeah, I caught that, too. Is he part of a conspiracy to injure the POTUS? That's hard time, baby.

If enough of these shite-for-brains celebrities spew this nonsense, maybe the next Hinkley will take a crack at it, even though I can't see anyone wanting to date one of them.

I see the USSS is "aware" of it, and that use of pronoun is not likely to escape their notice.  "What do you mean by "we," George?  You and what army?"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Lopez is a real charmer. Had a sitcom at one time,and also had kidney disease that was going to kill him,so his wife donated a kidney. He divorced her after the operation when he got healthy enough to chase other women.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
What is Lopez these days? He ain't a comedian.

@skeeter

A bitter racist that blames his career failure on white people for not giving a brown man a chance.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Will he be interviewed by the U.S. Secret Service?

@mountaineer

There is not much in this life I would be one,but that is one of them.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I'd never heard of George Lopez until I read this thread.
Is he supposed to be someone important...?

@Fishrrman

He was supposed to be the "Chicano Red Fox" a bunch of years ago when someone took him off the comedy club circuit and gave him a sitcom. It went to his head,and like Fox,he turned into a total meglamaniac bleep. The series died,and this is what he does now to get noticed.

Oh,yeah. He also divorced the wife who gave him a kidney when he was dying,and went after younger women because he thought he was a star and could do better.

Frankly I am surprised he still has an agent to respond to media requests.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 12:09:14 am by sneakypete »

Online Smokin Joe

@Fishrrman

He was supposed to be the "Chicano Red Fox" a bunch of years ago when someone took him off the comedy club circuit and gave him a sitcom. It went to his head,and like Fox,he turned into a total meglamaniac bleep. The series died,and this is what he does now to get noticed.

Oh,yeah. He also divorced the wife who gave him a kidney when he was dying,and went after younger women because he thought he was a star and could do better.

Frankly I am surprised he still has an agent to respond to media requests.

If he wasn't mouthing hateful sh*t at people Hollyweirders approve of mouthing hateful sh*t at, he wouldn't be what he is mouthing in the grand scheme of things.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Lopez was one of the maggots that promised to leave the country if Trump was elected.  He did in fact leave for a period, but as luck would have it, he came back.

I think every person uttering this crap should be in prison, otherwise they are a threat.  I know if I said what he said, I would be imprisoned.  Tired of this folks in Hollywood and NY saying this crap with zero outcome.  The Secret Service is not to be trusted.  Totally incompetent.

Offline musiclady

Lopez was one of the maggots that promised to leave the country if Trump was elected.  He did in fact leave for a period, but as luck would have it, he came back.

I think every person uttering this crap should be in prison, otherwise they are a threat.  I know if I said what he said, I would be imprisoned.  Tired of this folks in Hollywood and NY saying this crap with zero outcome.  The Secret Service is not to be trusted.  Totally incompetent.

Completely agree.

He should be behind bars as a threat to the nation and national security.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

I think every person uttering this crap should be in prison, otherwise they are a threat.

@jafo2010

"First they came for the Jews,but I didn't worry because I am not a Jew......"

Sound familiar? It should,because that is the direction that sort of thing ALWAYS goes.

If we are not free to speak out minds,no matter how unpopular/non-PC our words may be,we are not a free people.

"I know if I said what he said, I would be imprisoned.

No,you wouldn't. What laws would you have broken? You DO know we have a guaranteed right to Free Speech in this country,right?

[/quote]

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Completely agree.

He should be behind bars as a threat to the nation and national security.

@musiclady

See my reply to him just above,and then think about it for a minute. We can NOT allow our temporary anger at airheads turn us into the very people we despise.

Online Smokin Joe

@musiclady

See my reply to him just above,and then think about it for a minute. We can NOT allow our temporary anger at airheads turn us into the very people we despise.
I agree. If you don't like him, don't watch him. He's just another Hollywood Liberal trying to seem relevant.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

I agree. If you don't like him, don't watch him. He's just another Hollywood Liberal trying to seem relevant.

I've never watched him.  Ever.

I just firmly believe that verbal threats to the President (even if you don't like him) are dangerous and that there should be serious consequences.

It has nothing to do with who this jerk is.  It has everything to do with taking the lives and well being of our elected officials seriously.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Online mountaineer

I've never watched him.  Ever.

I just firmly believe that verbal threats to the President (even if you don't like him) are dangerous and that there should be serious consequences.

It has nothing to do with who this jerk is.  It has everything to do with taking the lives and well being of our elected officials seriously.
I agree. My refusing to watch him isn't going to do anything, especially when I've never ever seen him in any program, as it is.
 All I can do is hope the USSS questioned him and put the fear of God into him.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

I agree. My refusing to watch him isn't going to do anything, especially when I've never ever seen him in any program, as it is.
 All I can do is hope the USSS questioned him and put the fear of God into him.

Yep.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Sneakypete...  now you know you cannot go into a theater and yell fire without a fire, and you cannot say you plan to kill POTUS without the same.  It does not fall into the free speech arena, and more in the realm of consiracy to commit murder, which is a crime!!!

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Sneakypete...  now you know you cannot go into a theater and yell fire without a fire, and you cannot say you plan to kill POTUS without the same.  It does not fall into the free speech arena, and more in the realm of consiracy to commit murder, which is a crime!!!

@jafo2010

You have to consider the source. Lopez saying he is going to kill the president  is the equivalent of Michael Jackson threatening to whip George Foreman's ass. Lopez has to be one of the dumbest creatures that ever walked the planet. His stupidity even caused him to lose a hit sitcom. Do you have any idea how rare it is for a standup comedian to have someone put together a deal like that for him,and for them to just walk away from it after a year because dealing with Lopez just wasn't worth it? These people would deal with Hitler if you could bring him back to life and they could make money on it.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 04:05:50 am by sneakypete »

Offline dfwgator

Remember when Comedians were actually funny.....Pepperidge Farm Remembers.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

I look at a lot of old Johnny Carson shows on YouTube.  Late Night Televsion is now 100% worthless and unfunny.  I'd actually pop open a bottle of bubbly, if Stephen Cobert went room temp.

Carson OTOH, was brutal to both sides, and timely.     
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

They outlived the Edsel, 8 track cartridges and 2 face lifts of Nancy Pelosi.  But they are gone now.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I look at a lot of old Johnny Carson shows on YouTube.  Late Night Televsion is now 100% worthless and unfunny.  I'd actually pop open a bottle of bubbly, if Stephen Cobert went room temp.

@catfish1957

You ain't by yourself on that one. I literally want to throw something at my tv anytime he comes on.  Same with Fallon.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
They outlived the Edsel, 8 track cartridges and 2 face lifts of Nancy Pelosi.  But they are gone now.

@Wingnut

We could really use a Buddy Hackett right now.

Online Smokin Joe

Hey! I still have a couple of boxes of 8 tracks somewhere...(My Lincoln had 8 track and CB from the factory).

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

Carson OTOH, was brutal to both sides, and timely.   
I think Letterman was when 'snarky' somehow was deemed by producers to be 'funny'.

When I can (but generally won't) sit through an entire 'comedy' show and not so much as grin, it ain't funny.

About the last funny guy I saw was Jeff Dunham.

C S Lewis