Author Topic: Kitten getting a bubble bath  (Read 784 times)

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 01:00:21 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Re: Kitten getting a bubble bath
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2020, 01:27:59 am »
I had a cat that just loved to take a bath. I could plop him down in the tub and run the water from the spigot down on him. My other cats, not so much. So I'd use the two 5 gal bucket method. I'd grab a cat by the head and into the pine sol and water bucket. Agitate up and down. Then quickly up and into the rinse bucket. A few rinse agitations and then up and release. And off to get the next cat.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2020, 05:09:53 pm »
http://www.aol.com/video/playlist/PL10462/5e0a335c791cad6bc376bdf9/
@Victoria33    @Gefn
@sneakypete
@Gefn
@Cyber Liberty

Every one should click on this and see that sweet, beautiful kitty.  Thank you, sneaky, for posting this.  When I watch this, I want to pick that kitty up, dry it, and hug it all day.  It would have a perfect home if Gefn had it.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2020, 05:40:05 pm »
I had a cat that just loved to take a bath. I could plop him down in the tub and run the water from the spigot down on him. My other cats, not so much. So I'd use the two 5 gal bucket method. I'd grab a cat by the head and into the pine sol and water bucket. Agitate up and down. Then quickly up and into the rinse bucket. A few rinse agitations and then up and release. And off to get the next cat.

@Elderberry

I used to have a female calico that I would put on my motorcycle jacket and welding gloves,and then dunk her into a 5 gallon bucket full of hot,soapy water. She was NEVER amused by this,so I only did it after she had been rolling around in something buried,or that should have been buried. She was one of those cats you had to check to see what kind of mood she was in before you tried to pick her up. She absolutely loved dogs and hated other cats,though. I have no idea what was behind this. I found her in the locked house next door after the neighbors moved out,and she had already been in there a few days without food or water,so I busted out a basement window so she could get out,and she followed me home and into the house I was living in at the time.

It was because of her that I got my Doberman. I let the cat out to wander around during the day,and when I came home from work one day she came to the door and scratched to get in,and when I opened the door there was a big adult Doberman standing there that followed her inside,jumped up in a chair,and laid down to take a nap. I have no idea where or how she came to pick up the dog and make instant friends with it,but she did. I used to tell people the first time they came over to not worry about the Doberman,worry about the cat,because if they pissed the cat off,the Doberman would come running to her rescue. It was almost like the Dobie was her pet.

She went everywhere I went for the next ten years,and I finally had to have her put down because of throat cancer. I still miss her,too. Totally fearless,and would attack anything that got in her way. One place I lived I had a neighbor with a big German Shepherd that was allowed to run free. He chased her twice. After they second time,he ran from her. I named her "Homicide".

The last couple of years I had to live with and take care of my father,and he hated cats. I warned him that nothing bad had better happen to that cat while I was at work,and she was to stay in the house because she had lost a front leg in a fight with a racoon or some other animal big enough to crush her shoulder, (she won and came back  home on 3 legs) and really couldn't defend herself or run away anymore. That was when I changed her name to "Tripod".

Somehow or another,and I can't even begin to guess how,she managed to con him into cooking for her. I came home early one day and caught him feeding her a fish he had just cooked,and he was embarrassed at being caught. I only laughed at him for a few days. He also swore she didn't sleep with him,but if I came home and he was sleeping,she was sleeping on his chest.

The first time she decided she liked him and wanted to lay down in his lap was hilarious. She just jumped up on the arm of the chair he was sitting in while watching tv,then casually walked onto his lap,made a circle,and laid down. I started laughing. He said "Boy,come get this damn cat off of me!",and I told him "No,she has decided she likes you,so deal with it". He started to pick her up to set her on the floor,and she raised her head and snarled at him,causing him to panic and grab both armrests. Can't say as I blame him,there. What male can afford to have a cat go ballistic while laying on his lap?

I let it go on for a few minutes,and then I walked over there and picked her up and brought her over to where I was sitting,and let her get in my lap. It wasn't long after that the cooking for her started. I guess he felt like he needed to get on her good side.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 05:59:53 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline berdie

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2020, 09:45:46 pm »
@sneakypete ...it would take a Homicide or Tripod to tame a Dobie or resistant father, lol.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2020, 12:57:08 am »
@sneakypete  Great story!
Principles matter. Words matter.