Author Topic: In Case You Missed It, CBP Chief Confirmed 'Extra-Continental' Migration as a 2020 Priority  (Read 631 times)

rangerrebew

In Case You Missed It, CBP Chief Confirmed 'Extra-Continental' Migration as a 2020 Priority

By Todd Bensman on January 4, 2020

This new year, one of the most consequential trends to follow on the border security front is this: a surge of "extra-continental" migrants from countries far beyond Mexico and Central America, and how the nation will head it off.

While I noticed the spike in extra-continental migration a while ago and duly reported last July that tens of thousands were coming through Panama, Acting Commissioner of U.S. Customs and Border Protection Mark Morgan confirmed during a December 22 Center of Immigration Studies "Immigration Newsmaker" event that this illegal immigration phenomenon has not waned. It is gathering unprecedented momentum and will become a 2020 administration priority.

After explaining that administration policies rendered the Central American surge crisis of 2019 more manageable by the year's end, Morgan offered that Mexican cartel human smuggling operations had shifted to another lucrative income source from abroad.

https://cis.org/Bensman/Case-You-Missed-It-CBP-Chief-Confirmed-ExtraContinental-Migration-2020-Priority

Offline skeeter

While all eyes have been focused on Mexican and Central American immigration, at the same time Chinese immigration to the US has quite obviously exploded. At least on the west coast. It has been amazing how fast their numbers have grown.

Offline PeteS in CA

While all eyes have been focused on Mexican and Central American immigration, at the same time Chinese immigration to the US has quite obviously exploded. At least on the west coast. It has been amazing how fast their numbers have grown.

There is a difference, however, between legal and illegal immigration. I work with lots of Chinese immigrants, legal immigrants. And most of those Chinese immigrants came from Taiwan or countries to which their parents or grandparents fled during WW2 (from the Japanese).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline skeeter

There is a difference, however, between legal and illegal immigration. I work with lots of Chinese immigrants, legal immigrants. And most of those Chinese immigrants came from Taiwan or countries to which their parents or grandparents fled during WW2 (from the Japanese).

I worked with many Taiwanese and Americans of Chinese heritage as well. However, my wife says there is a distinct difference between the Chinese who immigrated in the past and those we are seeing in great numbers now. By their dress, behavior (they do behave differently) & dialects most appear to be from the PRC.

According to her many are among the wealthy minority who are looking for places to shelter their cash.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 07:07:05 pm by skeeter »

Offline PeteS in CA

@skeeter, Mandarin is spoken in Taiwan as well as the mainland. While Cantonese is spoken in Hong Kong, now part of the mainland, Cantonese has been spoken in the US - California especially - since the Gold Rush. Is your wife speaking of local dialects other than Mandarin and Cantonese?

There are differences in accent and usage between, for example, Taiwan and Qinghai province (where my daughter lives and studies). But there are regional difference within the mainland and probably between Taipei and Kaohsiung (northern and southern Taiwan). What I would look for is whether a person used the traditional character set (normal in Taiwan) or the simplified character set (ordinary on the mainland).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline skeeter

@skeeter, Mandarin is spoken in Taiwan as well as the mainland. While Cantonese is spoken in Hong Kong, now part of the mainland, Cantonese has been spoken in the US - California especially - since the Gold Rush. Is your wife speaking of local dialects other than Mandarin and Cantonese?

There are differences in accent and usage between, for example, Taiwan and Qinghai province (where my daughter lives and studies). But there are regional difference within the mainland and probably between Taipei and Kaohsiung (northern and southern Taiwan). What I would look for is whether a person used the traditional character set (normal in Taiwan) or the simplified character set (ordinary on the mainland).

She speaks Shanghainese dialect. Even among Mandarin speakers there are very clear differences in dialect that make determining region of origin very easy, or so I've been told as I only know Chinese words not spoken in polite company.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"a surge of "extra-continental" migrants from countries far beyond Mexico and Central America, and how the nation will head it off."

One blocks off a "surge" of humans similarly to how we might block off a surge of water:
With a physical barrier sufficiently strong enough to withstand the surge.

That's what the full-length border wall is all about.

I'd go so far as to suggest that we might consider closing the manned "points of entry" at the southern border, as well -- ALL of them.

No one going either way.
For travel between Mexico and the USA, it can be by boat, or plane.
Both of those are much more easily policed.

Sooner or later, we may have to start thinking about a physical barrier with Canada, as well.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@PeteS in CA

There is no way to know how many of them are ChiCom agents with false papers. "Intellectual Property Theft" is a major effort by the Chinese.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
"a surge of "extra-continental" migrants from countries far beyond Mexico and Central America, and how the nation will head it off."

One blocks off a "surge" of humans similarly to how we might block off a surge of water:
With a physical barrier sufficiently strong enough to withstand the surge.

That's what the full-length border wall is all about.

I'd go so far as to suggest that we might consider closing the manned "points of entry" at the southern border, as well -- ALL of them.

No one going either way.
For travel between Mexico and the USA, it can be by boat, or plane.
Both of those are much more easily policed.

Sooner or later, we may have to start thinking about a physical barrier with Canada, as well.

@Fishrrman

ALL of that has got MY vote,and the sooner the better.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!