Author Topic: Iran Quds Force head Qassem Soleimani killed in Baghdad strike — Iraqi TV  (Read 15457 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Press TV (Iran) does report this now:

Commander of Iran’s Quds Force, PMU deputy head martyred in US strike: Iraqi media

Major General Qassem Soleimani, the commander of the Quds Force of Iran’s Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC), and Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis, the second-in-command of Iraq's Popular Mobilization Units (PMU), have been killed in US airstrikes in the Iraqi capital Baghdad, media reports say.

https://www.presstv.com/Detail/2020/01/03/615224/Hashd-Sha%E2%80%99abi-public-relations-director-killed-in-rocket-attack-on-Baghdad-airport

Killing Baghdadi was largely after ISIS was defanged, same with al Qaeda and killing bin Laden.  Soleimani was still basically at the peak of his powers.

Too,  someone on twitter said he was responsible for a good deal of brutality in Syria and that war. I myself don't really know.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 02:35:22 am by TomSea »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I hope that what happens next involves less boots on the ground and way more high tech firepower. Eff them. "Bomb them until the rubble bounces".
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Lucas Tomlinson
@LucasFoxNews
 Â· 9h
“Soleimani is our leader,” written under window by Iran-backed militiamen
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
3m
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline skeeter

Soleimani was an enemy of the United States. That’s not a question.

The question is this - as reports suggest, did America just assassinate, without any congressional authorization, the second most powerful person in Iran, knowingly setting off a potential massive regional war?

— Chris Murphy (@ChrisMurphyCT) January 3, 2020

Well lets tack this one on to the articles of impeachment!

How long did anyone think it would take these psychos to think up this gem?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
John Schindler
@20committee
·
54m
Killing Soleimani is bigger than killing Bin Laden.

He was smarter, craftier, and more ruthless than UBL. He killed more people too. Including thousands of Americans.

He was a worthy adversary. He will never be forgotten.

I'm still celebrating his death.
Support the USO

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Well lets tack this one on to the articles of impeachment!

How long did anyone think it would take these psychos to think up this gem?

They had that in the jar before they rubbed one out.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Tammy Bruce
@HeyTammyBruce
·
9m
Promise made, promise kept! The Iranians now know, after decades, USA has a president in @realDonaldTrump
 who will not coddle them or shirk from his duty. The days of passive acceptance of terrorists controlling our world are over
👊
🇺🇸
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Doug Powers
@ThePowersThatBe
·
4m
By morning there will be congressional Democrat statements that are indistinguishable from press releases coming out of the Ayatollah's office
Support the USO

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Doug Powers
@ThePowersThatBe
·
4m
By morning there will be congressional Democrat statements that are indistinguishable from press releases coming out of the Ayatollah's office
You mean like this.
Soleimani was an enemy of the United States. That’s not a question.

The question is this - as reports suggest, did America just assassinate, without any congressional authorization, the second most powerful person in Iran, knowingly setting off a potential massive regional war?

— Chris Murphy (@ChrisMurphyCT) January 3, 2020

Offline DB

Tell me again what a Khomeini said about Trump cant do anything?

Take out Khomeini and it really will be a party.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Matt Walsh
@MattWalshBlog
·
4m
"Anti-war" is a stupid, unserious position for children and idiots. Obviously there are times when military strikes are necessary and appropriate. I believe this is one of those times. The other option is, what, to cower in the corner while our embassies are under siege? Absurd.
Support the USO

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Way back in 2013:

The Shadow Commander

Qassem Suleimani is the Iranian operative who has been reshaping the Middle East. Now he’s directing Assad’s war in Syria.

By Dexter Filkins
September 23, 2013

A former C.I.A. officer calls Suleimani, the head of Iran’s Quds Force, the “most powerful operative in the Middle East today.”Illustration by Krzysztof Domaradzki

Last February, some of Iran’s most influential leaders gathered at the Amir al-Momenin Mosque, in northeast Tehran, inside a gated community reserved for officers of the Revolutionary Guard. They had come to pay their last respects to a fallen comrade. Hassan Shateri, a veteran of Iran’s covert wars throughout the Middle East and South Asia, was a senior commander in a powerful, élite branch of the Revolutionary Guard called the Quds Force. The force is the sharp instrument of Iranian foreign policy, roughly analogous to a combined C.I.A. and Special Forces; its name comes from the Persian word for Jerusalem, which its fighters have promised to liberate. Since 1979, its goal has been to subvert Iran’s enemies and extend the country’s influence across the Middle East. Shateri had spent much of his career abroad, first in Afghanistan and then in Iraq, where the Quds Force helped Shiite militias kill American soldiers.

More: https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2013/09/30/the-shadow-commander?verso=true

Big threats to Israel too and probably helped supply Israel's enemies, speaking of which, in the past 2 years, Israel has hit Iranian interests 100 times or more.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 02:46:26 am by TomSea »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Sean Davis
@seanmdav
·
16m
When terrorists attacked a U.S. diplomatic outpost and murdered four Americans in Libya, Obama responded by lying about what happened and arresting a YouTuber. When terrorists attacked the U.S. embassy in Iraq, Trump turned the men responsible into pink dust.
Support the USO

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
John Schindler
@20committee
·
54m
Killing Soleimani is bigger than killing Bin Laden.

He was smarter, craftier, and more ruthless than UBL. He killed more people too. Including thousands of Americans.

He was a worthy adversary. He will never be forgotten.

I'm still celebrating his death.

And I will happily join in that celebration!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

888high58888 888high58888 888high58888
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@The Ghost

Online Wingnut

Like it is 1979 again.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ryan Fournier
@RyanAFournier
·
2m
A U.S. air strike killed General Qassem Soleimani, and Iraqi militia commander Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis.

This is a bigger deal than Osama Bin Laden.

Obama sent Iran cash — Trump is sending them the grim reaper.

RT!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Blaise Misztal
@BlaiseMisztal
·
8m
All those issuing dire warnings of Iranian escalation and war don’t get 2 things: 1) US has spent years avoiding retaliating for Iranian shedding of US blood, all it got was Iranian escalation; 2) Iran’s planning and operational capability are now in disarray w/o Soleimani.
Support the USO

Online Wingnut

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
John Cardillo
@johncardillo
·
9m
An embassy is sovereign US soil

Iran attacked. We attacked back.

Deal with it
Support the USO

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline skeeter

Like it is 1979 again.

I'm surprised you of all people didn't riff off Prince lyrics...

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Scott Wong
@scottwongDC
·
2m
PENTAGON CONFIRMS:

"At the direction of the President, the US military has taken decisive defensive action to protect U.S. personnel abroad by killing Qasem Soleimani, the head of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps-Quds Force, a U.S.-designated Foreign Terrorist Organization
Support the USO