Author Topic: Iran Quds Force head Qassem Soleimani killed in Baghdad strike — Iraqi TV  (Read 15478 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Iran Quds Force head Qassem Soleimani killed in Baghdad strike — Iraqi TV
Powerful leader of Iranian expeditionary force killed in bombing at airport in Iraqi capital, head of Iran-backed militia also assassinated

By TOI staff and Agencies   Today, 3:16 am 1

Qassem Soleimani, the powerful head of Iran’s Quds Force, was killed in an airstrike at Baghdad International Airport, Iraqi TV and three Iraqi officials officials said Friday.

The officials said the strike also killed Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis, the deputy commander of Iran-backed militias known as the Popular Mobilization Forces.

A spokesman for the PMF, also known as Hashed, said the US was responsible for the strike. US officials did not immediately comment on the strike, which came hours after Defense Secretary Mark Esper said the US was ready to step up activities to push Iran-backed forces out of Iraq, including pre-emptive strikes.

Read more at: https://www.timesofisrael.com/iran-quds-force-head-qassem-soleimani-killed-in-baghdad-strike-iraqi-tv/

We will see if this pans out, it probably will.

But there have been so many of these guys who apparently cheated death time and again, the head of Boko Haram, Baghdadi, bin Laden.

Offline TomSea

Press TV is Iran. So far, they aren't saying this.

US carried out airstrikes against Iran-linked targets in Iraq: Officials

Friday, 03 January 2020 12:46 AM  [ Last Update: Friday, 03 January 2020 1:58 AM ]

The Iraqi pro-government Popular Mobilization Units says its public relations director Mohammed Reza al-Jaberi and four other members of the group along with two "guests" have been killed after three Katyusha rockets struck a military base next to Baghdad International Airport in the

https://www.presstv.com/Detail/2020/01/03/615224/Hashd-Sha%E2%80%99abi-public-relations-director-killed-in-rocket-attack-on-Baghdad-airport

My view is it doesn't matter what they say... just passing this on.  They might not say Soleimani got it... Stunning story and yes, repeating from the other thread, Soleimani and so many other important personalities on the Iranian side, probably shouldn't have been around that Baghdad airport.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 02:01:38 am by TomSea »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
If true, this is EXCELLENT news!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Fox is reporting it now
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
This news is also being reported on Fox News, but I think they are just picking up on the other sources reporting from the Middle East. Excellent news, if it turns out to be true!
Let it burn.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Charlie Kirk
@charliekirk11
·
21m
BREAKING:

Qassem Soleimani, Iran’s most revered military figure has been killed in an air strike in Baghdad

Don’t mess with America under @realDonaldTrump

Obama & Hillary are gone

We fight back now.

America is back

RT!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline PeteS in CA

Currently on AP, https://apnews.com/5597ff0f046a67805cc233d5933a53ed .

A senior Iraqi politician and a high-level security official confirmed to the Associated Press that Soleimani and al-Muhandis were among those killed in the attack. Two militia leaders loyal to Iran also confirmed the deaths, including an official with the Kataeb Hezbollah, which was involved in the attack on the U.S. Embassy this week.

The official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said al-Muhandis had arrived to the airport in a convoy to receive Soleimani whose plane had arrived from either Lebanon or Syria. The airstrike occurred as soon as he descended from the plane to be greeted by al-Muhandis and his companions, killing them all.

The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the subject and because they were not authorized to give official statements.

The senior politician said Soleimani’s body was identified by the ring he wore.

IF true, it sounds like Soleimani got over-confident (= hubris).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
LIVE Breaking News
@NewsBreaking
·
21m
BREAKING: U.S. Marines have arrested multiple Iran-backed military leaders in Iraq - Al Arabiya
Support the USO

Offline TomSea

Michael Weiss
@michaeldweiss
Haven’t seen the image at left verified but Soleimani’s red ring is well-known and it shouldn’t be hard to determine if this is a Photoshop job, fake, etc. Source here is a BBC journalist:

https://twitter.com/michaeldweiss/status/1212906874254872576

ELINT News
@ELINTNews
If Soleimani has REALLY been killed, I think this may spiral to war now.

https://twitter.com/ELINTNews/status/1212904246271709184

No endorsement to tweets, j ust interesting. A comment to the 2nd tweet above says maybe a Coup is more possible in Iran now.

Also, pardon me, I don't want to show "gore" but that ring photo above is likel y important.  To ID someone in this manner. The red stoned ring. 
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 02:13:45 am by TomSea »

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Bookmark
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline skeeter

Fox is reporting it now

Gee I thought Trump was good only for a 'sternly worded letter'. /s

Looks like they were wrong again. *sigh*

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Gee I thought Trump was good only for a 'sternly worded letter'. /s

Looks like they were wrong again. *sigh*

Spot on
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
BNO News
@BNONews
·
2m
Iranian sources tell the New York Times that Qasem Soleimani's killing could lead to war, saying: "Official reaction will begin with a strike"
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
LIVE Breaking News
@NewsBreaking
·
3m
BREAKING: US Marines have captured and arrested Asaib Ahl al-Haq leader Qais Khazali and head of the Badr Organization Hadi al-Amiri in the al-Jadriyah area of Baghdad - Al Arabiya
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Adam Kredo
@Kredo0
·
8m
Snr GOP foreign policy adviser pings me: "Dems need to think really hard before condemning the killing of one of the world’s greatest terrorists & murderers of Americans. When Islamic radicals attack & kill Americans, is it their policy just to offer them money to stop?"
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Lee Zeldin
@RepLeeZeldin
·
4m
The days of rolling US senior leaders at the negotiating table & killing US soldiers on the battlefield w/impunity are over. If reports are true & Iran Quds Force commander Qassim Soleimani has been killed, this would be very necessary justice served.
🇺🇸
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sean Davis
@seanmdav
·
25m
Qassem Soleimani sowed death and destruction against America and its allies throughout the Middle East for decades. He was behind IED attacks on our troops in Iraq. Good riddance to an evil terrorist who was coddled by Obama. It took a Trump to make terrorists roadkill again.
Support the USO

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
No worries about the gore @TomSea. Just a part of Trump's red line in the sand.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Tell me again what a Khomeini said about Trump cant do anything?

Offline TomSea

Affixing sticky, has to be... who knows what will happen next.

Offline skeeter

Tell me again what a Khomeini said about Trump cant do anything?

Khomeini and TBR trolls.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Noah Rothman
@NoahCRothman
·
1m
Flashback to that time Iran nuclear deal lifted travel restrictions on Soleimani, and he went straight to Moscow.
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kurt Schlichter
@KurtSchlichter
·
1m
Soleimani blown into chunks...hardest hit, @benrhodes
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
M. Zuhdi Jasser زهدي جاسر
@DrZuhdiJasser
·
9m
Official statement from me on death of #soleimani:

"Rest in Pieces" you terrorist mob boss.

The end of decades of Soleomani's terror network is a great day for all free peoples from Iran to Iraq, Syria, and the USA!
Support the USO

Offline Wingnut

Soleimani was an enemy of the United States. That’s not a question.

The question is this - as reports suggest, did America just assassinate, without any congressional authorization, the second most powerful person in Iran, knowingly setting off a potential massive regional war?

— Chris Murphy (@ChrisMurphyCT) January 3, 2020