Author Topic: Virginia governor’s call for 18-person gun ban force comes under fire  (Read 1325 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
by Paul Bedard
 | January 02, 2020 11:47 AM
Virginia’s pop-up gun sanctuary movement has turned its attention to fighting the governor’s call for a $4.8 million, 18-officer team to enforce his proposed “assault weapons” ban.

Two key groups issued an alert this week to push gun owners to four budget hearings Thursday around the state, asking them to quiz state legislators if they will vote to ban or confiscate weapons.

“We understand that this is short notice. But it would have a significant impact if many of our members could show up and make a 3-minute statement and ask questions of the legislators in attendance,” said the Virginia Citizens Defense League.

“We see in the governor’s proposed budget that he wants $4 million and 18 new law-enforcement positions to enforce a ban on commonly-owned firearms,” said Erich Pratt, Gun Owners of America senior vice president.

Over 150 people in Blacksburg for the public hearing on @GovernorVA’s proposed budget. Most people in the room are here — following a call put out by gun rights group VCDL — to speak about money in Northam’s budget to support implementation of gun control. pic.twitter.com/G32p7AEC8D

— Amy Friedenberger (@AJFriedenberger) January 2, 2020
“Gun owners want to know: Is this money going to be used for the gun confiscation?” he added.

Both groups have been key in the surprising success of the organic gun sanctuary movement in Virginia that was prompted when Gov. Ralph Northam said he’d back sweeping gun control legislation after Democrats took control of the legislature in the 2019 elections.

The election surprised gun owners and prompted them to subsequently flood town and county meetings to demand that local lawmakers OK sanctuary resolutions to ignore Richmond’s gun control urge.

A surprising 91% of all state....

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/virginia-governors-call-for-18-person-gun-ban-force-comes-under-fire
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline EdinVA

The election surprised gun owners....
Maybe they shoulda voted.... Northam, et al have been bragging about this for years...

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Maybe they shoulda voted.... Northam, et al have been bragging about this for years...

You can bet the house that they WILL be voting in 2020!

The Democrats ALWAYS overreach.

They should have kept their mouths closed until 2021.

And if they pull a televised raid for ratings where somebody gets killed, Virginia Democrat politicians and their families won't dare go out in public.

A fuse will be lit.   

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
DC Patriot wrote:
"You can bet the house that they WILL be voting in 2020!"

2020 is going to be "too late" for at least some Virginia citizens.

It looks like the democrat-communists are REALLY going to try this in the Old Dominion.
How far will they get?

Once more:
I know this is a controversial book by a controversial author.
But go here (I've purposely made it non-clickable) and read the subtitle:

Cyber Note:  Use Google to find the Turner Diaries.

What will you do?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 11:04:14 pm by Cyber Liberty »

Offline EdinVA

And if they pull a televised raid for ratings where somebody gets killed, Virginia Democrat politicians and their families won't dare go out in public.

A fuse will be lit.
I would suspect that if the bills actually pass, there will be a dozen lawsuits filed within hours requesting a stay while the case works its way thru the courts.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
SO the Governor is going to hire a goon squad to do his dirty work.

Why am I not surprised.

At some point, at some place, people will figure out they can surround the goon squad.

Then what?

BITS. That's what, and that's what these communist agitators want, so they can point to it and proclaim that they were right.

Actually, this is only proving the Founders right, in that they anticipated this sort of tyranny.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline verga

Less than 31% of the registered voters came out last time.
We need to keep the fire in our bellies to keep the Dimmies out of office and out of the Commonwealth.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

A fuse will be lit.

Trump's likely the luckiest man in politics,  to have the enemies he has.   Can even Virginia flip red?   It's all a question of voter motivation, and this gun confiscation thing is going to get every gunowner in Virginia off his ass.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

A fuse will be lit.

@DCPatriot

No kidding! Northam just about guaranteed Va will vote for Trump in 2020.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
SO the Governor is going to hire a goon squad to do his dirty work.

Why am I not surprised.

At some point, at some place, people will figure out they can surround the goon squad.

Then what?

@Smokin Joe

Then those people suddenly come into possession of big-buck fully-automatic weapons,high-dollar handguns,and badges.

Offline Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

Then those people suddenly come into possession of big-buck fully-automatic weapons,high-dollar handguns,and badges.
:beer:

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I thought the Dems were going to send out the National Guard? Guessing they found out they didn't have the authority to pull off their jackboot fantasies, so hence the state goon squad.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Smokin Joe

I thought the Dems were going to send out the National Guard? Guessing they found out they didn't have the authority to pull off their jackboot fantasies, so hence the state goon squad.
Wanna bet they're mercenaries?

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Wanna bet they're mercenaries?

@Smokin Joe

Mercenaries aren't stupid. They don't fight if they know they are going to lose. There is no money to be made when you are dead.

They will hire sociopaths and sadists employed by a private contractor,and they will be former cops who were fired for police brutality. They will then swear them in as some sort of deputies,and give them  badges. People that would work for free if you promised to give them full-auto weapons and a pass on shooting anyone they wanted to shoot.

This will happen because no one else will take the job.

What nobody seems to be taking into consideration is how many combat vets and hunters who are used to killing and blood that live in southern states like Virginia. If you shoot ONE of them,every freaking relative they have will "gun up" and come after your ass,regardless of what kind of badge you have or who gave you a blessing.

Gangbangers kill people by accident because they are not used to either shooting or killing,and for the most part their shootings are a part of their "Ahm a bad-ass,yes ah am,yes,ah am!",never mind they accidentally killed a 3 year old instead of the gangbanger they were supposedly after.

That won't be the case with these people. Many of them can shoot your eye out at 100 yards,and pick the eye. They don't shoot to make a pose as a "bad man" or to scare anyone,they shoot to hit what they are shooting at.

These posers with their full-auto Uzi's don't scare me,but a old man with a Model 70 Winchester he has owned and shot for 40+ years does if I think he is going to shoot at me.

There is a WORLD of difference in being shot and being shot AT. Trust me on this one.

Offline Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

Mercenaries aren't stupid. They don't fight if they know they are going to lose. There is no money to be made when you are dead.

They will hire sociopaths and sadists employed by a private contractor,and they will be former cops who were fired for police brutality. They will then swear them in as some sort of deputies,and give them  badges. People that would work for free if you promised to give them full-auto weapons and a pass on shooting anyone they wanted to shoot.

This will happen because no one else will take the job.

What nobody seems to be taking into consideration is how many combat vets and hunters who are used to killing and blood that live in southern states like Virginia. If you shoot ONE of them,every freaking relative they have will "gun up" and come after your ass,regardless of what kind of badge you have or who gave you a blessing.

Gangbangers kill people by accident because they are not used to either shooting or killing,and for the most part their shootings are a part of their "Ahm a bad-ass,yes ah am,yes,ah am!",never mind they accidentally killed a 3 year old instead of the gangbanger they were supposedly after.

That won't be the case with these people. Many of them can shoot your eye out at 100 yards,and pick the eye. They don't shoot to make a pose as a "bad man" or to scare anyone,they shoot to hit what they are shooting at.

These posers with their full-auto Uzi's don't scare me,but a old man with a Model 70 Winchester he has owned and shot for 40+ years does if I think he is going to shoot at me.

There is a WORLD of difference in being shot and being shot AT. Trust me on this one.
Well, in the last part, you are echoing a guy who was sheriff here for a while. He said that some punk with an AK who practiced 'spray and pray' didn't worry him near as much as a pissed off farmer or rancher with a deer rifle. Chances are the former would miss, but the latter would hit his target and they'd never hear the shot that got them. For that matter, 100 yards is warmup range here, 3oo is more the limit for a humane hit on deer/antelope. Considering a dinner plate, the kill zone on a deer, and the human head are of similar size, there is a nation of sharpshooters, and some folks who pride themselves (rightfully) at being able to hit that spot at 500+ to 1000 yards with regularity, and have the rifles and ability to do so.

They also have a home turf advantage in the boonies, but need to be able to defeat overhead FLIR and thermal to keep it.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

They also have a home turf advantage in the boonies, but need to be able to defeat overhead FLIR and thermal to keep it.

@Smokin Joe

They will have to go on the offensive to do that. Maybe with homemade explosives if they can't steal or otherwise obtain C4 and blasting caps. Don't waste time shooting down drones,although it could be more fun than shooting skeet. Go after the building where the drones are controlled from,and the people in the building.

Offline Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

They will have to go on the offensive to do that. Maybe with homemade explosives if they can't steal or otherwise obtain C4 and blasting caps. Don't waste time shooting down drones,although it could be more fun than shooting skeet. Go after the building where the drones are controlled from,and the people in the building.
Problem with that is they have to find out where. go ahead and take the little ones out. The real pro drones, like the predator, are flown from more secure locations half a world away.

But manned air assets would be vulnerable at some point--they have to land and refuel. Those POL points and muster areas would be vulnerable to the right form of attack.

Thinking, too, there has been a lot of mining in the west and nearby, so things that go boom might not be so hard to come by. I watched as a good powder monkey blew a rock the size of a small bus across two paved lanes, a deep fill (another lane not yet paved), out of a ditch line, in one chunk years ago. Armored vehicles might 'survive' such a trip, but the contents won't. Intel and IEDs make for a bad day, as many can testify.

C S Lewis