Author Topic: Does William Barr Have the Guts?  (Read 477 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Does William Barr Have the Guts?
« on: January 02, 2020, 03:41:09 pm »
Does William Barr Have the Guts?

January 2, 2020, By Michael E. Young

When asked if William Barr has the guts to do what needs to be done, a semi-famous conservative Twitter pundit answered that Barr has the guts, but what he lacks is prosecutable crimes.

Wait, what?

If this seems like utter nonsense to you, you are not alone. It is nonsense until you consider that successful prosecution also requires an unbiased jury willing to convict. The point might have been that Barr lacks a D.C. jury pool that would be eager to impugn swamp creatures with the same zeal demonstrated for the prosecution of Roger Stone. This is a particularly tough pill to swallow for the sober masses who are watching our nation be systematically imperiled by Democrats and the media.

The recent I.G. report on FISA abuse was just another in a very long line of disappointing indicators that equal justice may never be restored to our nation. But just when you are ready to sell the house and move to mountains of Utah, William Barr makes bold public statements that stop the music like the scratch of a needle on an L.P. record. Is this guy Barr for real? Is he ready to face the hellfire that will be unleashed if he takes real steps to hold coup conspirators accountable? It's looking increasingly likely that he is for real, but what remains to be seen how far he is willing to go. Both he and prosecutor John Durham made courageous statements in contrast to Horowitz's predictable softball conclusions. At the same time, it feels as though we are getting our hopes up again. So where is this thing headed, and when will things start to happen?

The first question to be answered is exactly how far Barr needs to take it. If you ask MAGA country, they're calling for heads up to and including Obama's. This is doubtful and certainly not prudent because the political and systemic repercussions would be devastating and permanently destabilizing for the USA...

-- excerpt, rest at link above --
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Does William Barr Have the Guts?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2020, 03:42:51 pm »
This is the $64,000 question and, IMHO, whether or not this once great republic survives depends on the answer.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EdinVA

Re: Does William Barr Have the Guts?
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2020, 03:47:48 pm »
You can "compromise" on punishment, but not guilt or innocence...