Author Topic: Noble starts up massive Leviathan project in Israel  (Read 754 times)

Offline thackney

Noble starts up massive Leviathan project in Israel
« on: January 02, 2020, 03:21:23 pm »
https://www.chron.com/business/energy/article/Noble-starts-up-massive-Leviathan-project-in-14941251.php
December 31, 2019

Noble Energy started production early Tuesday on the massive Leviathan natural gas project offshore of Israel, achieving a major milestone for a discovery made nearly a decade ago.

The Leviathan startup by the Houston oil and gas producer puts Israel on the path of becoming a natural gas exporter after decades of relying on energy imports and coal-fired electricity. The Leviathan is the largest known natural gas field in the growing Eastern Mediterranean region that’s attracting other top oil and gas players, including the Texas energy major Exxon Mobil.

“This is a project that’s been about a decade in the making and it has very significant benefits for the environment, economies and the energy security for the region,” said Noble President Brent Smolik in a phone interview from Israel. “It’s a great day here in Israel. It’s changing the country and it’s changing this part of the world. We’re just proud to be part of it.”

Noble aimed to bring Leviathan online before the end of this year and just narrowly succeeded with the New Year’s Eve startup. The nearly $4 billion project was delayed a bit in December until a judge lifted an injunction that threatened to stall production because of environmental concerns....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline thackney

Offline thackney

Re: Noble starts up massive Leviathan project in Israel
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2020, 03:28:23 pm »
Leviathan by the numbers:

130 kilometers – distance of the gas field from shore (west of Haifa)

1,700 meters – depth of the Leviathan wells to the seabed

120 kilometers – length of the pipeline between the wells and the production platform

98 meters – height of the platform foundation

86 meters – depth of the water where the platform resides

15,000 tons – weight of the platform foundation

38,000 tons – weight of the platform's operational structure

47 meters – height of the platform's upper level above sea level

62 meters – height of the platform's landing pad above sea level

10 kilometers – distance of the platform from shore

5,000 meters below ground – drilling depth in the four Leviathan gas-producing wells

26 months – time it took to manufacture the platform's operational components

24 countries around the world manufactured parts for the platform

160 Israeli companies participated in Leviathan's construction

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2020, 03:30:54 pm »
I admit, when I first saw the title I thought this story was about Moya.

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2020, 03:33:05 pm »
I admit, when I first saw the title I thought this story was about Moya.

huh

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2020, 09:32:56 pm »
https://www.chron.com/business/energy/article/Noble-starts-up-massive-Leviathan-project-in-14941251.php
December 31, 2019

Noble aimed to bring Leviathan online before the end of this year and just narrowly succeeded with the New Year’s Eve startup. The nearly $4 billion project was delayed a bit in December until a judge lifted an injunction that threatened to stall production because of environmental concerns....
Enviromental concerns?

Israel was using coal to fire its power plants and now has abundant low carbon natural gas to do so.

This project reduces environmental impact
I bet whoever delayed the start of this project did not take that one into account. 
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington