Author Topic: Obituaries for 2020  (Read 94946 times)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Obituaries for 2020
« Reply #1450 on: November 21, 2020, 07:39:33 pm »
Thats cause they ain’t no more recognizable celebrities, they all passed away.

When my kids talk about this actor or that musician, I scarcely have a clue.

Not death, but am I the only one who seems to notice that only republicans are getting the China Flu?  And I'll barf if anyone says it is dilligence in mask wearing.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #1451 on: November 21, 2020, 07:41:06 pm »

Right on.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #1452 on: November 21, 2020, 10:21:37 pm »

I used to do fairly well on Jeopardy. Still do sometimes. But when the category is modern entertainment, I'm clueless. If it's younger than about 1990, I'm usually lost.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #1453 on: November 21, 2020, 10:54:37 pm »
Not death, but am I the only one who seems to notice that only republicans are getting the China Flu?  And I'll barf if anyone says it is dilligence in mask wearing.
As a matter of fact I have noticed this as well. The closest thing to a leftist I've heard of was Tom Hanks & wife.

Its prolly because one half of the nation is busy living while the other half is curled in the fetal position. When all is said and done I know which half I'll want to have been part of.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1454 on: November 21, 2020, 10:57:13 pm »

Nope. The only folks I know personally that got it are whacko libs, masks and all...

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1455 on: November 21, 2020, 11:26:19 pm »
Nope. The only folks I know personally that got it are whacko libs, masks and all...

I don't know any wacko libs in my new town.  there aren't very many, and life's too short to deal with dipshitz.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1456 on: November 22, 2020, 12:50:13 am »
I don't know any wacko libs in my new town.  there aren't very many, and life's too short to deal with dipshitz.

Well I have to retract. My elder son now has the Woohan... along with his wife and all five kids.
But she's a nurse, and he's security at the hospital, so they were high risk for it anyway.
Anyhow, it's now close to home, and a whole house (and his in-laws house) that won't be at turkey day.

:boring:

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1457 on: November 22, 2020, 08:55:22 am »
I know both Republicans and Democrats, both liberals and Conservatives who have gotten it. The Conservatives have done fine. One of the Liberals died.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1458 on: November 24, 2020, 08:39:11 pm »
David Dinkins, New York City’s first Black mayor, dies at 93

David Dinkins, whose historic 1989 victory as the city’s first and only Black mayor was quickly eclipsed by rising crime and racial turmoil that doomed his re-election, died Monday at his home, police said. He was 93.

His death comes a little more than a month after his wife, Joyce, passed away on Oct. 11.

Dinkins, in his two decades after leaving City Hall, kept a busy schedule but a relatively low profile — teaching at Columbia University, doing charity work and making occasional appearances.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ny-david-dinkins-former-mayor-has-died-20201124-rshgkrczyjdt7p5fvmtijif4iy-story.html
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1459 on: November 24, 2020, 09:48:43 pm »
Hal Ketchum
1990s country singer dies at 67

Ketchum's time as a country music star was brief but successful, charting 11 consecutive top-30 country hits in just four years, from 1991 to 1995. He was among the wave of new country stars who were only vaguely stylistically country but dominated FM radio as it boomed in the early 1990s; unusually, despite his chart success, he never reached number-one, falling just short at number-two three times (debut hit "Small Town Saturday Night," "Past the Point of Rescue" and "Hearts are Gonna Roll").

Ketchum died November 23 from complications of Alzheimer's disease.

Obituary from heavy.com

Wikipedia
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #1460 on: November 24, 2020, 11:47:27 pm »
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/paul-hornung-legendary-nfl-running-back-dies

Paul Hornung, legendary NFL running back, dead at 84

Paul Hornung, a Hall of Fame running back who played for the Green Bay Packers, has died. He was 84.

Hornung died in his hometown of Louisville, Ky., after a long battle with dementia, the Louisville Sports Commission said in a statement.

Hornung won the 1956 Heisman Trophy award with Notre Dame as a quarterback. He turned pro in 1957 and played for the Packers as a fullback and halfback after being selected No. 1 overall.

He spent nine seasons with the Packers and was suspended for the entirety of the 1963 season because of a gambling suspension.

He was a part of the 1966 Packers team that won the first-ever Super Bowl, defeating the American Football League’s Kansas City Chiefs 35-10.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #1461 on: November 25, 2020, 12:10:37 am »
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/paul-hornung-legendary-nfl-running-back-dies

Paul Hornung, legendary NFL running back, dead at 84
Oh yes....as a huge Packer fan those were the days.
I remember the first Packer game I saw on tv was the 1960 title game between the Packers and the Eagles. Jimmy Taylor got tackled on the Eagles six yard line by Chuck Bednarek I believe on the last play of the game. If Taylor had scored, that would have meant six titles in seven years for the Packers and Vince Lombardi who is still the most revered coach in Wisconsin sports history.
Hornung was The Golden Boy. A confirmed bachelor for most of his life, it was highly ironic that Hornung, a fun-loving bachelor who loved parties and girls not necessarily in that order, played in Green Bay the smallest city in the league and one definitely not known for exciting places for spirited athletes.
 Hornung is considered one of the all-time great Packers. Unfortunately, he missed one whole season, 1963, after being suspended for gambling.
When he returned for the 1964 season Hornung, the team's fg and pat kicker, had lost his timing and had a disastrous 12-38 conversion rate on fgs. His absolutely rotten kicking cost the Packers two or three games and a shot at the title.
I remember they lost one game to the Colts by one point when Hornung missed all five fg attempts none longer than about thirty yards. The goalposts were on the goal line in those days too.
He had one great game in the playoffs against the Colts in 1965 scoring five tds, but a pinched nerve ended his career early.
Nevertheless, The Golden Boy will be dearly missed by many old Packer fans.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1462 on: November 25, 2020, 05:06:23 pm »
Diego Maradona, one of football's greater ever players, dies aged 60

Diego Maradona dead say reports

Diego Maradona has died aged 60 after a cardiac arrest according to reports in his native Argentina.

The 1986 World Cup winner, widely considered on the greatest players in the sport's history, underwent successful brain surgery on a blood clot earlier this month.

Maradona last appeared in public on his 60th birthday last Friday before his side's league match against Patronato.

According to local media reports Maradona had been feeling poorly for some time.

https://sports.yahoo.com/diego-maradona-died-aged-60-162635998.html

@EasyAce

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #1463 on: December 01, 2020, 05:03:20 pm »
https://hotair.com/archives/john-s-2/2020/11/30/david-prowse-actor-played-darth-vader-dead-85-covid-19/

David Prowse, Actor Who Played Darth Vader, Dead At 85 From COVID-19

Actor David Prowse died Saturday at age 85. His daughter said he’d contracted COVID-19 and had been in the hospital for treatment before his death.

In an interview with UK’s The Sun, Prowse daughter Rachel confirmed that her father, who suffered from Alzheimer’s, had been hospitalized for the last two weeks with Covid. Confirming the cause of death, Rachel Prowse said, “It’s horrible that Covid restrictions meant we did not get to see him and say goodbye. But when we went to collect his stuff from the hospital the nurse said what a cool guy he was. He was such a larger-than-life character. He would have loved to see himself trending on Twitter.”
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #1464 on: December 01, 2020, 05:21:12 pm »
https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2020/12/bruce-herschensohn-rip.php

BRUCE HERSCHENSOHN, RIP

Sad news of the passing yesterday of Bruce Herschensohn, long time conservative activist, documentary filmmaker, and commentator in California. I got to know him a bit in the mid-1980s when he was a commentator on a local TV news program in LA (paired up for nightly debates with former Democratic Senator John Tunney—see the promotional ad below), and then when he ran for the Senate in 1992, losing narrowly to Barbara Boxer while running a million votes ahead of President George H.W. Bush. (In the TV ad below, which aired during the GOP primary that year, Bruce attacks his liberal Republican rival, Tom Campbell.)

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #1465 on: December 01, 2020, 06:31:00 pm »
Legendary Science Fiction Author Ben Bova Has Passed at the Age of 88
Scientist, Hugo Award winner, and prolific science fiction author and editor Ben Bova passed away on Sunday, November 29, 2020 at the age of 88, Tor.com is able to confirm. The author of more than one hundred books, Bova also edited some of the genre’s best-known publications and served as the president of the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America.

Word of Bova’s passing first came from Kathryn Brusco, who revealed that Bova had passed due to complications from COVID-19 and a stroke.

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1466 on: December 02, 2020, 05:54:28 am »
I didn't know others up thread, but read a bunch of Ben Bova's books. RIP, sir, and thanks for the entertainment.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline verga

« Reply #1467 on: December 02, 2020, 12:58:26 pm »
I didn't know others up thread, but read a bunch of Ben Bova's books. RIP, sir, and thanks for the entertainment.
I think I read one or two of his. Liked Heinlein and asimov better, but he did a great job on his stuff.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1468 on: December 02, 2020, 01:12:08 pm »
I think I read one or two of his. Liked Heinlein and asimov better, but he did a great job on his stuff.

Yep. I read his books too, because he was on the shelf next to Bradbury. Hate to see the old writers from the 60s and 70s that I read voraciously as a teen and in my twenties going or gone.

RIP Sir. And thanks.

Online rustynail

« Reply #1469 on: December 02, 2020, 03:45:30 pm »
 Walter Williams....

Offline skeeter

« Reply #1470 on: December 02, 2020, 04:09:24 pm »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1471 on: December 02, 2020, 04:11:53 pm »
Walter Williams....

"Go to the head of the class!"

8888crybaby
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1472 on: December 02, 2020, 04:45:16 pm »
Walter Williams....
   Walter Williams, R.I.P.
By Veronique de Rugy   
December 2, 2020 11:01 AM

The great economist and freedom fighter Walter Williams has died. This is an incredibly sad news. Walter was a great communicator of ideas and a prolific, provocative and uncompromising writer. He was the John M. Olin distinguished professor of economics at George Mason University. His voice, his happy-warrior demeanor, his cosmopolitan views, his endless fight on behalf of those with no political voices, and his generosity to all of us at Mason will be missed.  ... https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/walter-williams-r-i-p/

Bo Snerdley  @BoSnerdley
It is true apparently.  Dr Walter Williams has passed.
One of our most beloved guest hosts. Dear friend. Patriot. Teacher. Defender of Liberty.
What a loss. Heartbroken.
10:46 AM · Dec 2, 2020
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1473 on: December 02, 2020, 04:46:10 pm »
"Go to the head of the class!"

8888crybaby

2020 keeps piling on.....
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1474 on: December 02, 2020, 05:50:35 pm »
Years ago I carried on a correspondence with Dr. Williams for many months and was richly rewarded by that experience! May he rest in peace!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien