Author Topic: Obituaries for 2020  (Read 95481 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: Obituaries for 2020
« Reply #925 on: July 06, 2020, 04:51:54 pm »
Yep. We’re loosing a lot of good peeps this year.  888cryingkitty
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #926 on: July 06, 2020, 04:52:38 pm »
Charlie was a great patriot, loud and proud to the end, and he made some great music.

He is pretty much a fixture in rural life. Even the young kids know him around here.

Well played sir, well played.
The Republic is lost.

Online libertybele

« Reply #927 on: July 06, 2020, 05:11:24 pm »
RIP Mr. Daniels, such tremendous talent!

"Let Freedom Ring" !!!  :patriot:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmozdV_IPt8
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #928 on: July 06, 2020, 06:16:46 pm »
And a very rock solid conserative who had no problem telling it like it was.  Sad day for us.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #929 on: July 06, 2020, 06:55:38 pm »
He tweeted every day, "Benghazi ain't going away!"  RIP, Charlie.  :patriot:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #930 on: July 06, 2020, 07:23:20 pm »
Ennio Morricone, Prolific Italian Composer for the Movies, Dies at 91
The Hollywood Reporter

And, he wrote arguably the greatest Western film theme of them all . . .

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

RIP Signor Morricone.
Morricone's themes for the first two spaghetti westerns AFOD and AFDM were also excellent. I play them in succession with TGTBATU. In TGTBATU Morricone composed two outstanding tunes the eponymous title tune and Ecstasy Of Gold.
I don't think he's equaled as far as western pieces.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 09:09:26 pm by goatprairie »

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #931 on: July 06, 2020, 07:55:48 pm »
Morricone's themes for the first two spaghetti westerns AFOD and AFDM were also excellent. I play them in succession with TGTBATU. In TGTBATU Morricone composed two outstanding tunes the eponymous title tune and Ecstasy Of Gold.
I don't he's equaled as far as western pieces.
@goatprairie

I've only ever heard one as good . . . (it was once used as the theme for James Stewart's old-time radio Western, The Six Shooter . . .)

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #932 on: July 06, 2020, 10:37:21 pm »
@sneakypete

Geez, man, did you read the obituary?  Mr. Cordero was 41 and a professional Broadway dancer.  You can't be a successful dancer if you have underlying health issues, so I assume Mr. Cordero was in good health till COVID got him.

@Applewood

Ever heard of a disease called "Aids"? Broadway dancers,who,as a group,are in as close to perfect physical condition as professional athletes, have been known to come down with Aids.

Not to mention more pedestrian diseases like cancer,heart disease,etc,etc,etc. No matter how healthy and in shape you might be,you can get struck down by genetics or accidental exposure. No one is immune from such things.

Which begs the question,WTF does a 41 year old Broadway dancer have in common with the 96 year old bedridden WW-2 vet I wrote about?

And that was my point --  while most of the deaths from this virus are coming from older and/or chronically ill people,  the virus can kill anyone at any age.

ONLY if they have other,underlying diseases that have already weakened their systems.

Maybe for some who test positive, the virus produces no or mild symptoms.

You have a strange way of spelling the word "most".

But for many at any age and regardless of health, the virus can be deadly.

Ok,fair enough. Give me an actual quote of the number of Americans who died from the virus ALONE,and had NO OTHER HEALTH ISSUES.

It is not the common cold.

No,it's a version of the common flu.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #933 on: July 06, 2020, 10:40:52 pm »

Offline verga

« Reply #934 on: July 06, 2020, 10:54:48 pm »
Charlie Daniels passes away after suffering stroke

https://fox17.com/news/local/charlie-daniels-passes-away-after-suffering-stroke
Listening to a bunch of his music right now.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #935 on: July 06, 2020, 11:05:36 pm »
At 83,he had a good,long run.
Every day you make it over 80 years old is a gift. Anyone over that has to understand that they can go at any point—especially someone like Daniels who had a history of strokes. The fact that he didn't suffer a slow decline is a mercy, though I hope he had his affairs in order when he died.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #936 on: July 06, 2020, 11:10:50 pm »
Every day you make it over 80 years old is a gift. Anyone over that has to understand that they can go at any point—especially someone like Daniels who had a history of strokes. The fact that he didn't suffer a slow decline is a mercy, though I hope he had his affairs in order when he died.

@jmyrlefuller

Nobody ever accused him of being stupid or being a fool. Nor was he known to be drunk,druggie,or gambler. I would bet what little I have he left his family in very good shape,financially.

I wish the same could be said about all of us.

Rest in peace,Mr.Daniels.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #937 on: July 07, 2020, 12:44:41 am »
Ennio Morricone, Prolific Italian Composer for the Movies, Dies at 91
The Hollywood Reporter

And, he wrote arguably the greatest Western film theme of them all . . .

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

RIP Signor Morricone.
Another wonderful, lighter theme from him:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #938 on: July 07, 2020, 09:45:04 pm »
One of Charlie's last posts on Twitter on the Fourth of July (which I'm glad he got to see)

Charlie Daniels
@CharlieDaniels
·
Jul 4
We’re sitting on the upstairs porch looking at the northern horizon and watching America light up, fireworks going off  all over the place.
You may tear down statues and burn buildings but you can’t kill the spirit of patriots and when they’ve had enough this madness will end.

Giving them hell to the very end.
The Republic is lost.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #939 on: July 07, 2020, 09:56:13 pm »
One of Charlie's last posts on Twitter on the Fourth of July (which I'm glad he got to see)

Giving them hell to the very end.

Yep, and will be prophetic. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #940 on: July 07, 2020, 10:16:29 pm »
RE Charlie Daniels comment:
"You may tear down statues and burn buildings but you can’t kill the spirit of patriots and when they’ve had enough this madness will end."

Mr. Daniels was a clear thinker right up to his last day.
(compare that to ol' white Joe Biden...)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #941 on: July 08, 2020, 11:03:40 am »
Mary Kay Letourneau
Child molester dies at 58

Letourneau (born Mary Kay Schmitz) was a black sheep in a family whose other members were close with the George Bush family, with her brothers John and Joe Schmitz serving in George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush administrations, respectively. She chose the path of an elementary school teacher.

In 1996, the 34-year-old Letourneau began a sexual relationship with Vili Fualaau, a 12-year-old in her sixth grade class, who managed to impregnate her. She was sentenced to seven years in prison but took a plea bargain reducing that to six months in exchange for not seeing Fualaau again. She violated that agreement and was arrested again, forced to serve the full seven-year sentence.

After release, Letourneau married Fualaau, and it was not until their divorce in 2019 that he acknowledged that he had been manipulated. They ultimately had two children together.

Letourneau died of colon cancer.

Obituary from the New York Post

Wikipedia

Offline Applewood

« Reply #942 on: July 08, 2020, 02:07:54 pm »
Not much one could say about Miss Letourneau.    As a teacher, she could have done great things, become an inspiration for good to her students.  Instead, she was a pedophile who preyed on a young boy.  Worst thing is, as far as I know, she never publicly expressed any remorse for what she did to that kid. I won't shed a tear over her passing.  I am saddened though by the damage done to her victim and, I expect, to the two children they had together.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #943 on: July 08, 2020, 02:23:48 pm »
Not much one could say about Miss Letourneau.    As a teacher, she could have done great things, become an inspiration for good to her students.  Instead, she was a pedophile who preyed on a young boy.  Worst thing is, as far as I know, she never publicly expressed any remorse for what she did to that kid. I won't shed a tear over her passing.  I am saddened though by the damage done to her victim and, I expect, to the two children they had together.
I don't know how much harm was done to the kid. They got married and had children.
I certainly don't condone teachers, male or female, messing around with their students.
However, I don't think I'm going out on a limb that at a certain age, boys don't feel like they're being abused sexually by an attractive female teacher. They probably brag about it to their friends.
But, as I've stated, I think teachers should keep their mitts off their charges.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #944 on: July 08, 2020, 03:28:51 pm »
I don't know how much harm was done to the kid. They got married and had children.
I certainly don't condone teachers, male or female, messing around with their students.
However, I don't think I'm going out on a limb that at a certain age, boys don't feel like they're being abused sexually by an attractive female teacher. They probably brag about it to their friends.
But, as I've stated, I think teachers should keep their mitts off their charges.

He was 12 at the time the abuse started.  Just a kid.  At that age, I think kids are fragile, they have an array of confusing emotions they don't know how to deal with, plus raging hormones.  He was an easy prey for this woman.  And he said much later when they were divorced, that he felt he was manipulated by her.  Of course, in a divorce, people say all sorts of things, but I do believe he was damaged by this woman.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #945 on: July 08, 2020, 07:08:48 pm »
He was 12 at the time the abuse started.  Just a kid.  At that age, I think kids are fragile, they have an array of confusing emotions they don't know how to deal with, plus raging hormones.  He was an easy prey for this woman.  And he said much later when they were divorced, that he felt he was manipulated by her.  Of course, in a divorce, people say all sorts of things, but I do believe he was damaged by this woman.
I agree... it was wrong for the teacher. The kid was too young. At that age I had no idea what was going on as far as sex. And I didn't have teachers who looked like Tourneau. Mostly a lot of old nuns.
But I will say in a few years from twelve most of the boys I hung out with were  aware of girls and things they'd like to do with them.
Twelve is too young, but when boys get to be thirteen, many of them are very curious...and more than eager to start things.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #946 on: July 08, 2020, 07:20:14 pm »
Twelve is too young, but when boys get to be thirteen, many of them are very curious...and more than eager to start things.

Before I had my driver's license at 14 I had already been blooded (likely deer and elk both), drunk, stoned, and laid. I was also working long days in the summer and had a fair income.

It was too soon, and I regret it. But growing up hard has it's virtues too. Beats the hell outta kids nowadays that won't touch a lick of responsibility till they get out of college.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #947 on: July 08, 2020, 08:28:13 pm »
Charlie Daniels passes away after suffering stroke

https://fox17.com/news/local/charlie-daniels-passes-away-after-suffering-stroke

Say hello to Bob Wills for us..........

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #948 on: July 08, 2020, 08:39:20 pm »
Say hello to Bob Wills for us..........

CD was a proud southerner, who was proud of that heritage.  A stroke?  Surprised it hasn't happened to me too. Watching my country disintergreate into an SJW destruction fest is taking its toll on all us.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #949 on: July 09, 2020, 01:02:46 pm »
Before I had my driver's license at 14 I had already been blooded (likely deer and elk both), drunk, stoned, and laid. I was also working long days in the summer and had a fair income.

It was too soon, and I regret it. But growing up hard has it's virtues too. Beats the hell outta kids nowadays that won't touch a lick of responsibility till they get out of college.

@roamer_1

I spent the summer I was 13 working as a deckhand on a shrimp boat,working a man's job and getting a man's pay.

Had PLENTY of money every time the hold was full and we went to port to unload and sell,and I went drinking in the same places the other deck hands went drinking.

You figure it out.