Author Topic: Obituaries for 2020  (Read 95555 times)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Obituaries for 2020
« Reply #775 on: May 19, 2020, 05:49:18 am »
@Applewood

Blood clot?
That was my first thought, too. I don't know what the surgery was for, though, so it weemed a mite premature.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 05:50:04 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #776 on: May 19, 2020, 05:09:43 pm »
Frank was one of our favorite designers on that show. He seemed like a really nice guy.

Very down-to-earth.
The man you'd see on "Trading Spaces" was the same man you see in real life.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #777 on: May 19, 2020, 05:23:56 pm »
Very down-to-earth.
The man you'd see on "Trading Spaces" was the same man you see in real life.

@GrouchoTex, that does not surprise me.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #778 on: May 19, 2020, 05:45:25 pm »
Annie Glenn, widow of former senator and astronaut John Glenn, dies from COVID-19

Annie Glenn, widow of the late Ohio senator and astronaut John Glenn, has died at age 100 after contracting COVID-19.

A spokesperson for the John Glenn College of Public Affairs at the Ohio State University confirmed to the Associated Press that Glenn died at nursing home in Minnesota on Tuesday morning from complications related to the coronavirus.

Annie Glenn had been married to former Sen. John Glenn (D), who was the first American to orbit the planet, for more than seven decades until his death in 2016. The two had met as toddlers in the 1920s and grew up together before becoming involved romantically in high school and getting married shortly after.

more
https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/498534-annie-glenn-widow-of-former-senator-and-astronaut-john-glenn
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #779 on: May 19, 2020, 06:09:20 pm »
Annie Glenn, widow of former senator and astronaut John Glenn, dies from COVID-19

Annie Glenn, widow of the late Ohio senator and astronaut John Glenn, has died at age 100 after contracting COVID-19.

A spokesperson for the John Glenn College of Public Affairs at the Ohio State University confirmed to the Associated Press that Glenn died at nursing home in Minnesota on Tuesday morning from complications related to the coronavirus.

Annie Glenn had been married to former Sen. John Glenn (D), who was the first American to orbit the planet, for more than seven decades until his death in 2016. The two had met as toddlers in the 1920s and grew up together before becoming involved romantically in high school and getting married shortly after.

more
https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/498534-annie-glenn-widow-of-former-senator-and-astronaut-john-glenn
The lady had class to burn.

RIP.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #780 on: May 19, 2020, 07:00:40 pm »
Lawyerforlaws  @lawyer4laws
There Fixed It For You @NBCNews:

Annie Glenn, the widow of Astronaut John Glenn . .  Was 100 year old . .   Living in a Nursing Home has died.
She tested positive for  #Covid19 .  *It hasn't been determined if #Covid19 actually caused her death or if it was due to underlying problems.
NBC News @NBCNews
 Â· 3h
Annie Glenn, the widow of astronaut and US Sen. John Glenn and a communication disorders advocate, has died of COVID-19 complications at age 100. https://nbcnews.to/3e6WTRv
2:43 PM · May 19, 2020
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #781 on: May 19, 2020, 07:07:13 pm »

@mystery-ak

No,she died from being 100 years old and living in a nursing home because she had so many physical problems.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #782 on: May 19, 2020, 07:12:18 pm »
The lady had class to burn.

RIP.

Indeed.  Ohio has lost a wonderful woman.

Flags at half staff.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #783 on: May 19, 2020, 07:29:29 pm »

In this Feb. 3, 1962 file photo, astronaut John Glenn poses with his wife, Annie, outside their Arlington, Va., home during his first news conference.

Annie Glenn was thrust into the spotlight in 1962, when her husband became the first American to orbit Earth. She shied away from media attention because of a severe stutter.

Later, she underwent an intensive program at the Communications Research Institute at Hollins College, now Hollins University, in Roanoke, Virginia, that helped her control her stutter and speak in public.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/annie-glenn-widow-of-u-s-sen-john-glenn-dies-at-100-from-coronavirus
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

« Reply #784 on: May 19, 2020, 07:36:14 pm »
Married more than 70 years.  Seems plenty of marriages nowadays will never get that close. 

Rest in peace, Mrs. Glenn.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #785 on: May 19, 2020, 07:37:16 pm »
Married more than 70 years.  Seems plenty of marriages nowadays will never get that close. 
The sad part is some marriages now barely last 70 days.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #786 on: May 19, 2020, 07:57:15 pm »
https://www.christianpost.com/news/now-with-jesus-christian-apologist-ravi-zacharias-dies-at-74.html

‘Now with Jesus’: Christian apologist Ravi Zacharias dies at 74
By Michael Gryboski, Christian Post Reporter
CP CURRENT PAGE: CHURCH & MINISTRIES | TUESDAY, MAY 19, 2020
Ravi Zacharias, the prominent Christian apologetics author and speaker, died Tuesday at the age of 74 following a battle with a rare form of cancer.

Zacharias’ daughter, Sarah Davis, posted a message on the website of Ravi Zacharias International Ministries on Tuesday, titled “Ravi Zacharias, Now With Jesus,” confirming that the apologist had passed away.

“It was his Savior, Jesus Christ, that my dad always wanted most to talk about. Even in his final days, until he lacked the energy and breath to speak, he turned every conversation to Jesus and what the Lord had done,” she wrote.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #787 on: May 19, 2020, 08:00:05 pm »
https://www.christianpost.com/news/now-with-jesus-christian-apologist-ravi-zacharias-dies-at-74.html

Thank you for posting this Pete.  Zacharias was an amazing intellect and great Christian apologist with a fascinating life story.

He will be greatly missed here on earth, but he is surely experiencing great joy in being with his Savior!

Thank you for all your Kingdom work, Ravi!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #788 on: May 19, 2020, 08:03:25 pm »
The sad part is some marriages now barely last 70 days.

@EasyAce

There is nothing sad about those marriages ending. If they didn't last any longer than that,they should have never happened.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #789 on: May 19, 2020, 08:14:09 pm »

Rest in peace, Mrs. Glenn.
Indeed. It takes a combination of longevity, commitment, and finding the right one early to have a marriage last that long—and that's why it seems so far out of reach, because most lack at least one of those three.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #790 on: May 19, 2020, 08:20:56 pm »
@EasyAce

There is nothing sad about those marriages ending. If they didn't last any longer than that,they should have never happened.
@sneakypete
I guess I'm a hopeless enough romantic to feel a certain sadness knowing such marriages exist.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #791 on: May 19, 2020, 08:40:38 pm »
@sneakypete
I guess I'm a hopeless enough romantic to feel a certain sadness knowing such marriages exist.

@EasyAce

Yeah,we all love the dream,but the reality is the ones that break up that quickly should have never happened to start with,and quickly become living nightmares for both parties if they keep denying the inevitable.

Better to call it off in 30 days if it was a mistake than it is for both to suffer and pretend for 30 years.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #792 on: May 19, 2020, 11:51:16 pm »
@EasyAce

Right. That's what annulments are for. 
Waking up, shaking off the hangover and going "I did what? To Who???"

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #793 on: May 19, 2020, 11:52:42 pm »
Indeed. It takes a combination of longevity, commitment, and finding the right one early to have a marriage last that long—and that's why it seems so far out of reach, because most lack at least one of those three.
That, and they practically grew up together.
No surprises, and likely best friends long before they tied the knot.

RIP, Mrs. Glenn.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #794 on: May 24, 2020, 03:41:10 pm »

That sucks.  Watching one of his last interviews now.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #795 on: May 24, 2020, 10:40:49 pm »
That sucks.  Watching one of his last interviews now.

@Hoodat

What's a "Christian Apologist",and was he one of them?

Online mountaineer

« Reply #796 on: May 24, 2020, 11:00:07 pm »
I'll quote one of RZ's fellow Christian apologists, Frank Turek, on that:
Christian apologetics can be summarized in two parts: (a) objective reasons and evidence that Christianity is true (it corresponds to reality) and, (b) the communication of that truth to the world. more info at CrossExamined.org.
Yes, Ravi was a Christian apologist. As such, he answered questions about the existence of God, and whether Christianity is true and rational.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #797 on: May 24, 2020, 11:00:14 pm »
@Hoodat

Yes, Ravi Zacharias was a Christian apologist.  It is one who defends Christianity through systematic disputation and discourse.  No offense.  No condemnation.  He is an amazing man to listen to.  You might find him interesting.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline skeeter

« Reply #798 on: May 24, 2020, 11:08:19 pm »
Yes, Ravi Zacharias was a Christian apologist.  It is one who defends Christianity through systematic disputation and discourse.  No offense.  No condemnation.  He is an amazing man to listen to.  You might find him interesting.

I listened to him often. Unlike many radio evangelists he was a master storyteller. He spoke often about being in South Vietnam during the war. Those were some of his most poignant sermons.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 11:12:48 pm by skeeter »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #799 on: May 24, 2020, 11:13:15 pm »
I'll quote one of RZ's fellow Christian apologists, Frank Turek, on that: Yes, Ravi was a Christian apologist. As such, he answered questions about the existence of God, and whether Christianity is true and rational.

@mountaineer

Thanks! I asked because that term SEEMS to imply someone who apologizes for Christianity.