Author Topic: Obituaries for 2020  (Read 95614 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Obituaries for 2020
« Reply #850 on: June 23, 2020, 02:29:51 pm »
Liz Hurley pays tribute to her millionaire ex Steve Bing, 55 - the absent father of her son Damian, 18 - after he jumped to his death from his 27th floor LA apartment and reveals they had become friends again in the last year
    Liz Hurley, who he dated from 2000 until 2002 when she fell pregnant with their son sparking a bitter paternity fight, has paid tribute - saying she is 'saddened beyond belief' and calling him a 'sweet, kind man'
Daily Mail

From the story: "Former president Bill Clinton, a friend of Bing and recipient of his donations via the Clinton Foundation, also paid tribute to him, tweeting: 'I loved Steve Bing very much.'"

"Fell pregnant?"  Sounds like it was a really horrible thing that happened.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #851 on: June 23, 2020, 02:33:32 pm »

Good catch.  I stil don't understand what that means in this context...  Rape?  Unexpected?  Messed up her acting career?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #852 on: June 23, 2020, 02:42:03 pm »
Good catch.  I stil don't understand what that means in this context...  Rape?  Unexpected?  Messed up her acting career?

It's The Mail, (British) so maybe she was just in a strop?    333cleo

(How bad do things have to be to jump off a 27-storie building?  It's too horrible to contemplate.)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #853 on: June 23, 2020, 04:13:48 pm »
And completely beyond explanation. How the heck did that happen, I wonder?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #854 on: June 23, 2020, 05:39:18 pm »
And completely beyond explanation. How the heck did that happen, I wonder?

Well, a doctor friend of mine had to extract a peanut butter jar from a guy's hind end.. Swore up and down he fell on it in the shower... And up it went... Makes one wonder why he had a peanut butter jar sitting on the floor of the shower but who's to say, I guess  :shrug:  :whistle:

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #855 on: June 23, 2020, 05:41:25 pm »
Well, a doctor friend of mine had to extract a peanut butter jar from a guy's hind end.. Swore up and down he fell on it in the shower... And up it went... Makes one wonder why he had a peanut butter jar sitting on the floor of the shower but who's to say, I guess  :shrug:  :whistle:
Chunky or creamy?  :silly: :silly: :silly:

Oh. nevermind.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #856 on: June 23, 2020, 05:49:09 pm »
Chunky or creamy?  :silly: :silly: :silly:

Oh. nevermind.

Folks really ought to naturally have a category called:

"Thing's I won't try till I can figure out how to reasonably explain it to the doctor"   :shrug: :silly:

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #857 on: June 23, 2020, 05:53:53 pm »
Folks really ought to naturally have a category called:

"Thing's I won't try till I can figure out how to reasonably explain it to the doctor"   :shrug: :silly:
There'd be one pretty quick, stuff you just can't explain, especially to the doctor...

(Apparently, no gerbils were injured in the above incident...)

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #858 on: June 23, 2020, 06:16:02 pm »
There'd be one pretty quick, stuff you just can't explain, especially to the doctor...

(Apparently, no gerbils were injured in the above incident...)

At LEAST plausible deniability... c'mon, right?   :laugh:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #859 on: June 23, 2020, 07:03:11 pm »
Daily Mail

From the story: "Former president Bill Clinton, a friend of Bing and recipient of his donations via the Clinton Foundation, also paid tribute to him, tweeting: 'I loved Steve Bing very much.'"

@Cyber Liberty

One should always be careful to never trip and fall down around millionaires. They have lawyers,and other magical characters on retainer.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #860 on: June 23, 2020, 07:11:09 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

One should always be careful to never trip and fall down around millionaires. They have lawyers,and other magical characters on retainer.

I'm just surprised a celeb allowed herself to be "punished with a baby."
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #861 on: June 23, 2020, 07:14:32 pm »
I'm just surprised a celeb allowed herself to be "punished with a baby."

@Cyber Liberty

Well,sometimes when your career is kinda on hold and there are no foreign billionaires insight to jazz it up a little,there are always headlines.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #862 on: June 24, 2020, 02:49:19 am »
One of my sisters was an emergency room nurse for a number of years. At one family gathering she related a number of hilarious stories about various objects doctors had to extract  from people's anal orifices.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #863 on: June 24, 2020, 03:38:43 am »
One of my sisters was an emergency room nurse for a number of years. At one family gathering she related a number of hilarious stories about various objects doctors had to extract  from people's anal orifices.

I guess I'm just not all that adventurous... Or something...  :terror:

***ONE WAY*** DO NOT ENTER*** UNLOADING ZONE*** NO PARKING*** WARNING!!! EMANATING GASES MAY BE CAUSTIC! ****

:shrug: :whistle:

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #864 on: June 24, 2020, 03:41:11 am »
I guess I'm just not all that adventurous... Or something...  :terror:

***ONE WAY*** DO NOT ENTER*** UNLOADING ZONE*** NO PARKING*** WARNING!!! EMANATING GASES MAY BE CAUSTIC! ****

:shrug: :whistle:
Nothing goes in the out door...with the very rare exception of a colonoscopy or a prostate check.

C S Lewis

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #865 on: June 30, 2020, 01:44:07 pm »

Comedy legend Carl Reiner is dead at 98

icon
Resize icon
Carl Reiner, the legendary creator of "The Dick Van Dyke Show" and numerous big-screen hits, has died at 98, Variety and others are reporting early Tuesday. He died of natural causes, the Hollywood trade magazine reported, citing Reiner's publicist.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/comedy-legend-carl-reiner-is-dead-at-98-2020-06-30?mod=home-page

Breaking
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #866 on: June 30, 2020, 01:51:48 pm »
Two classics:

Carl Reiner & Mel Brooks, "The 2,000 Year Old Man"

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

The Dick Van Dyke Show, "Coast to Coast Big Mouth" (which may have been Reiner's crowning moment as, shall we say, mercurial Alan Brady)

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

RIP Mr. Reiner. You were an American treasure.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #867 on: June 30, 2020, 02:55:30 pm »
One of the giants of early TV.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Applewood

« Reply #868 on: June 30, 2020, 03:11:33 pm »
Yeah, I know -- Reiner was a liberal.  But he was one of the greats among old time comedians.

@EasyAce   Thanks for the video of the absolute best episode of the Dick Van Dyke Show.   Classic.

Rest in peace, Mr. Reiner. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #869 on: June 30, 2020, 03:14:24 pm »
Two classics:

Carl Reiner & Mel Brooks, "The 2,000 Year Old Man"

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

The Dick Van Dyke Show, "Coast to Coast Big Mouth" (which may have been Reiner's crowning moment as, shall we say, mercurial Alan Brady)

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

RIP Mr. Reiner. You were an American treasure.

I was always amused at the setup of the Dick Van Dyke show.  It was about the comedy writers for Allen Brady, but in real life Allen Brady was the comedy writer for Rob, Sally and Buddy.
I will NOT comply.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #870 on: June 30, 2020, 03:14:38 pm »
Yeah, I know -- Reiner was a liberal.  But he was one of the greats among old time comedians.

Finding a conservative in Hollywood is a rarity.  The few that are, are dealt with in a Whack-a-Mole fashion. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #871 on: June 30, 2020, 03:48:07 pm »
I was always amused at the setup of the Dick Van Dyke show.  It was about the comedy writers for Allen Brady, but in real life Allen Brady was the comedy writer for Rob, Sally and Buddy.
Reiner based the show on his experiences as a performer and occasional writer on Sid Caesar's Your Show of Shows and Caesar's Hour, even though Caesar himself wasn't half as (shall we say) mercurial as Alan Brady. (Other writers included Mel Brooks, Neil Simon, future M*A*S*H writer Larry Gelbart, and Woody Allen, among others.) Among the writers he also engaged for The Dick Van Dyke Show was John Whedon, who'd once been the co-writer (teaming with Sam Moore) for the 1940s radio hit The Great Gildersleeve; and, Phil Leslie, the protege of Don Quinn who eventually took over from Quinn as the head writer of another radio legend, Fibber McGee & Molly.

(Phil Leslie eventually had a hilarious coda to his career as a broadcast writer---he co-wrote several episodes of The Addams Family in the mid-1960s!)

If any 1950s television star was a match or near-match for Alan Brady's temperament, it was probably Red Buttons---who scored big with The Red Buttons Show in 1952 but had such a talent for alienating everyone who worked with him with his tantrums that the show was dead meat after three years. Buttons had to remake/remodel his career almost entirely after he came that close to destroying it. He was a classic example of an overnight success whose unexpected success didn't just go to but shot right through his own head. He ended up making a distinguished career in due course as a supporting player, but he destroyed his own hard-earned shot as a big-timer.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 03:54:21 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #872 on: June 30, 2020, 03:56:11 pm »
An early Carl Reiner classic, with Sid Caesar . . .

Your Show of Shows, "Emergency!"

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline Applewood

« Reply #873 on: June 30, 2020, 03:57:59 pm »
Finding a conservative in Hollywood is a rarity.  The few that are, are dealt with in a Whack-a-Mole fashion.

You're right.  But I only mentioned Reiner's liberal bend because there are some in here who will ignore his comic genius and whine about his politics instead.  Reiner was indeed a treasure.   He and many of his contemporaries were truly funny -- not like many of today's so-called comics.  I mourn Reiner's passing because as he joins most of his contemporaries, we are being left with little more than nasty, unfunny political garbage as a substitute for real comedy.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #874 on: June 30, 2020, 04:00:52 pm »