Author Topic: Obituaries for 2020  (Read 95466 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Obituaries for 2020
« Reply #750 on: May 16, 2020, 07:33:13 pm »

Comic Actor Fred Willard Dead at 86: ‘We Loved Him So Very Much,’ Says Daughter

Fred Willard died of natural causes, a rep for the actor confirms to PEOPLE

By Maria Pasquini May 16, 2020 02:43 PM

Beloved film star Fred Willard has died. He was 86.

The comedic star, whose numerous credits include Best in Show, This Is Spinal Tap, Everybody Loves Raymond and Modern Family, died of natural causes, a rep for the actor confirms to PEOPLE.

"My father passed away very peacefully last night at the fantastic age of 86 years old. He kept moving, working and making us happy until the very end," his daughter Hope tells PEOPLE in a statement. "We loved him so very much!"

https://people.com/tv/fred-willard-dead-at-86/
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 07:35:05 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline verga

« Reply #751 on: May 16, 2020, 07:38:38 pm »

Comic Actor Fred Willard Dead at 86: ‘We Loved Him So Very Much,’ Says Daughter

Fred Willard died of natural causes, a rep for the actor confirms to PEOPLE

By Maria Pasquini May 16, 2020 02:43 PM

https://people.com/tv/fred-willard-dead-at-86/
RIP, loved him in "Best of Show".
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #752 on: May 16, 2020, 08:37:04 pm »
I liked him in Fernwood Tonight with Martin Mull.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #753 on: May 16, 2020, 08:38:52 pm »

I thought I was the only person alive who remembered that show.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #754 on: May 16, 2020, 08:44:58 pm »
I thought I was the only person alive who remembered that show.

Heck, I remember Mary Hartman Mary Hartman.  Didn't like it, but I did like Soap.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #755 on: May 17, 2020, 12:24:31 am »

Fernwood 2Night - Talk to a Jew

www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCsnTxjRNPA
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #756 on: May 17, 2020, 12:27:46 am »
Phyllis George, pioneering sportscaster and former Miss America, has died

[quote

CNN) — Phyllis George, a broadcast television pioneer who became the first female co-anchor of the football pregame show "The NFL Today," has died. She was 70.

Her death was confirmed by her children, CNN's senior White House correspondent Pamela Brown and entrepreneur Lincoln Brown.

George was born in Denton, Texas, on June 25, 1949. A trained classical pianist in her youth, she attended North Texas Christian University before becoming the 50th Miss America in 1971.

That crown -- and her magnetic personality -- catapulted her to national fame. "It was the springboard to everything I've done in my life," she said in a 2007 interview. She joined the organization's board of directors, one of the first past winners to do so.

][/quote]

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/16/media/phyllis-george-death/index.html
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Applewood

« Reply #757 on: May 17, 2020, 02:54:56 pm »
I didn't know who Jorge Santana was, but I do remember Suavacito.  Really liked that song. 

Fred Willard was good in so many things -- This Is Spinal Tap is one of my favorite movies. 

Phyllis George -- I remember when she became a sportscaster.  Raised a number of eyebrows back in the day.  She was a beauty.

May all of them rest in peace.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #758 on: May 17, 2020, 03:04:54 pm »
I didn't know who Jorge Santana was, but I do remember Suavacito.  Really liked that song. 

Fred Willard was good in so many things -- This Is Spinal Tap is one of my favorite movies. 

Phyllis George -- I remember when she became a sportscaster.  Raised a number of eyebrows back in the day.  She was a beauty.

May all of them rest in peace.

It’s really going in threes the last two weeks. Fred Willard was so funny in all those Christopher Guest movies. Best in Show, Spinal Tap. He was on The Simpson’s, so I’m sure they’ll dedicate tonight’s show to him, and he’s on the new Netflix show Space Force which premieres next week and I am sure they’ll dedicate that in his memory as well.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #759 on: May 17, 2020, 03:05:39 pm »
Heck, I remember Mary Hartman Mary Hartman.  Didn't like it, but I did like Soap.

@Cyber Liberty

"Soap" was hysterical.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #760 on: May 17, 2020, 03:42:38 pm »
It’s really going in threes the last two weeks. Fred Willard was so funny in all those Christopher Guest movies. Best in Show, Spinal Tap. He was on The Simpson’s, so I’m sure they’ll dedicate tonight’s show to him, and he’s on the new Netflix show Space Force which premieres next week and I am sure they’ll dedicate that in his memory as well.

A Mighty Wind was so funny it made me cry.

Fred Willard was hysterical.

Phyllis George.......... a beauty, and almost exactly my age.  I'll be interested in finding out how she died.

70 is now very young to me........
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #761 on: May 18, 2020, 05:55:44 pm »
Frank Bielec, an interior designer and one of the stars of TLC's "Trading Spaces," died Friday at age 72.
TLC Network, which aired the series, confirmed Bielec's passing in a tweet, mourning him as a member of their "family."

He was living in Katy, TX.
My wife knew him fairly well.
He would go into her frame shop regular basis.
The last time we saw him, he had a booth set up at an Arts and Crafts show between Richmond and Fulshear, TX.
It was in October, and he had some Halloween artwork he had made, to hang on the doors, etc...
We bought one of them.

He died of a heart attack.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #762 on: May 18, 2020, 06:02:15 pm »
Frank Bielec, an interior designer and one of the stars of TLC's "Trading Spaces," died Friday at age 72.
TLC Network, which aired the series, confirmed Bielec's passing in a tweet, mourning him as a member of their "family."

He was living in Katy, TX.
My wife knew him fairly well.
He would go into her frame shop regular basis.
The last time we saw him, he had a booth set up at an Arts and Crafts show between Richmond and Fulshear, TX.
It was in October, and he had some Halloween artwork he had made, to hang on the doors, etc...
We bought one of them.

He died of a heart attack.

I used to love that show and Frank was one of my favorite designers. **nononono*
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #763 on: May 18, 2020, 06:25:54 pm »
Ken Osmond, ‘Leave It to Beaver’ Star Who Played Eddie Haskell, Dies at 76

May 18, 2020 10:54am PT

Ken Osmond, best known for his role at the troublemaker Eddie Haskell on the television comedy “Leave It to Beaver,” died on Monday morning. He was 76.

Sources tell Variety Osmond died at his Los Angeles home surrounded by family members. The cause of death is unknown.

Henry Lane, Osmond’s former partner at the Los Angeles Police Department, also confirmed the news and said he had suffered from respiratory issues.

Osmond, a native of Glendale, Calif., began his career as a child actor with his first speaking part at age 9 in the film “So Big,” starring Jane Wyman and Sterling Hayden, followed by “Good Morning Miss Dove,” and “Everything But the Truth.” He also guest-starred on television series including “Lassie,” “The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet,” “Wagon Train,” “Fury”  and “The Loretta Young Show.”

In 1957, Osmond auditioned for the the Eddie Haskell role, which was originally intended to be a guest appearance, but those involved with the show were so impressed with Osmond’s portrayal that the character became a key component of the series throughout its six-season run of 234 episodes.

more
https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/ken-osmond-dead-leave-it-to-beaver-eddie-haskell-dies-actor-1234609639/?fbclid=IwAR33s1qmIgPdkZY64_wyp5YHrD9-ZtydBuvxJ7xAh6AtpRwxBPXfwD6hzm0

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #764 on: May 18, 2020, 06:42:49 pm »
At the gates of the Elysian Fields:

Eddie: Well, hello, Mrs. Cleaver, gee but you're still looking very well after all these eons.
Mrs. Cleaver: And you haven't changed a bit, either, Eddie.

RIP.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #765 on: May 18, 2020, 06:53:27 pm »
Eddie Haskell was the reason I watched LITB. Everybody knew an Eddie Haskell growing up. Playing up to adults while acting like a jerk when adults weren't around.
It's sort of amazing the creators of the show put a scoundrel like Eddie Haskell on a fifties/sixties sitcom.
Usually, the secondary characters have flaws but not quite the rascal like Eddie.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #766 on: May 18, 2020, 07:14:35 pm »
It's sort of amazing the creators of the show put a scoundrel like Eddie Haskell on a fifties/sixties sitcom.
It's almost a shame that the show didn't last long enough for Eddie to fall in love with Beaver's most obnoxious classmate, Judy. They were made for each other.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #767 on: May 18, 2020, 10:14:59 pm »

Frank was one of our favorite designers on that show. He seemed like a really nice guy.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #768 on: May 18, 2020, 10:48:23 pm »
Ken Osmond found himself typecast after playing Eddie Haskell.  Interesting that he left acting and became a police officer in LA. 

Rest in peace, Mr. Osmond. 

Offline musiclady

« Reply #769 on: May 18, 2020, 11:05:04 pm »
Eddie Haskell was the reason I watched LITB. Everybody knew an Eddie Haskell growing up. Playing up to adults while acting like a jerk when adults weren't around.
Usually, the secondary characters have flaws but not quite the rascal like Eddie.

The reason I watched Leave it to Beaver was that I thought Wally was really cute.  happy77
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #770 on: May 19, 2020, 12:52:56 am »
Arizona Diamondbacks outfielder Starling Marte has

just tweeted that his wife, Noelia, passed away from a heart attack today. Way too young . . .

Prayers up.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #771 on: May 19, 2020, 12:55:43 am »
Arizona Diamondbacks outfielder Starling Marte has

just tweeted that his wife, Noelia, passed away from a heart attack today. Way too young . . .

Prayers up.

8888crybaby 8888crybaby
I will NOT comply.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #772 on: May 19, 2020, 01:02:19 am »
Apparently, according to local news, Mrs. Marte was in the hospital awaiting surgery on her ankle when she died. 

We think of heart attacks as killing older people, but sadly, heart disease can kill at any age.

Rest in peace, Mrs. Marte.   :0001:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #773 on: May 19, 2020, 04:42:05 am »
Apparently, according to local news, Mrs. Marte was in the hospital awaiting surgery on her ankle when she died. 

We think of heart attacks as killing older people, but sadly, heart disease can kill at any age.

Prayers up.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #774 on: May 19, 2020, 05:39:12 am »

@Applewood

Blood clot?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!