Author Topic: Obituaries for 2020  (Read 95606 times)

Offline mountaineer

Re: Obituaries for 2020
« Reply #1000 on: July 24, 2020, 11:24:50 am »
Conservative UNC-Wilmington Professor Mike Adams Found Dead in His Home
Posted by Stacey Matthews   
   Thursday, July 23, 2020 at 9:29pm

Some unfortunate news to report tonight.

Professor Mike Adams, who taught sociology and criminology at UNC-Wilmington, was found dead in his home earlier today by New Hanover County sheriff’s deputies:
    According to the New Hanover County Sheriff’s Office, Mike Adams was found dead at his residence today.

Deputies responded to a wellness check at Adams’ home address and found him deceased. NHCSO is investigating the death, but has not released any additional information, and could not confirm cause of death or if foul play was suspected.

The longtime professor of criminology and sociology at the University of North Carolina Wilmington (UNCW) was set to retire next week as part of a $500,000 settlement.
His forced “retirement” was announced just a few weeks ago. It came after UNC-W students and faculty launched a campaign to have Adams fired after supposedly “insensitive” and “polarizing” tweets he posted earlier this year ... More at Legal Insurrection

Link to story from local newspaper, Port City Daily
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1001 on: July 24, 2020, 12:54:37 pm »

Professor Mike Adams, who taught sociology and criminology at UNC-Wilmington, was found dead in his home earlier today by New Hanover County sheriff’s deputies:His forced “retirement” was announced just a few weeks ago. It came after UNC-W students and faculty launched a campaign to have Adams fired after supposedly “insensitive” and “polarizing” tweets he posted earlier this year ... More at Legal Insurrection

(thinking what everyone else is thinking, and surprised it took this long.  Every high profile conservative voicie needs to take extra precautions)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 12:55:38 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #1002 on: July 24, 2020, 01:10:13 pm »
(thinking what everyone else is thinking, and surprised it took this long.  Every high profile conservative voicie needs to take extra precautions)
Sentenced to death for 'insensitive' comments. Sounds about right.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #1003 on: July 24, 2020, 01:14:11 pm »

I'm not thinking anything until and unless a cause of death is released. 

That said, these days with crazies on both sides, yes, we all have to take precautions.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1004 on: July 24, 2020, 01:21:38 pm »
I'm not thinking anything until and unless a cause of death is released. 

That said, these days with crazies on both sides, yes, we all have to take precautions.

That is why I infered "thinking", rather than going full on record.  And yes, we will have to see M.E.'s report,  hopefully family will go the extra mile to make sure this isn't some kind of Brietbart scenario.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #1005 on: July 24, 2020, 01:26:31 pm »
That is why I infered "thinking", rather than going full on record.  And yes, we will have to see M.E.'s report,  hopefully family will go the extra mile to make sure this isn't some kind of Brietbart scenario.

No one has ever proven that Breitbart died from anything but heart disease, conspiracy theories notwithstanding.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #1006 on: July 24, 2020, 01:37:26 pm »
No one has ever proven that Breitbart died from anything but heart disease, conspiracy theories notwithstanding.

I am not going to rehash the whole Brietbart death chronology, but there were more than just a few too far fetched coincidences which should have raised eyebrows.  And you know that.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1007 on: July 24, 2020, 01:53:13 pm »
Mike will be missed.  He was a real "FIRE"-brand who never took "shut up" for an explanation. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1008 on: July 24, 2020, 02:30:37 pm »
He was a brave voice for conservative beliefs. God bless him for standing up to the leftist mobs of academia for as long as he did. I wish he had moved on to a college that would have welcomed him, though. My first thought was suicide, but anything's possible. Will await the medical examiner's findings.

Edit to add: Saw a tweet from Ian Miles Cheong, who seems to assume it's suicide. But others noted that Adams was about to walk away with $500K from UNC-W and marry the "love of his life," so it's best to wait for confirmation.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 03:05:18 pm by mountaineer »

Offline verga

« Reply #1009 on: July 24, 2020, 02:37:00 pm »

Professor Mike Adams, who taught sociology and criminology at UNC-Wilmington, was found dead in his home earlier today by New Hanover County sheriff’s deputies:His forced “retirement” was announced just a few weeks ago. It came after UNC-W students and faculty launched a campaign to have Adams fired after supposedly “insensitive” and “polarizing” tweets he posted earlier this year ... More at Legal Insurrection

DAMN SHAME! RIP.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1010 on: July 24, 2020, 06:50:56 pm »
Christian apologetics speaker Frank Turek, a friend of Adams, pointed out in a tweet that "Mike Adams was the reasonable one," looking at this article in which Mike responded to someone who had called him an embarrassment:
An Embarrassment to Higher Education
Written by Mike Adams
 on August 28, 2013

... While I respect your right to conclude that I am the biggest embarrassment to higher education in America, I think you’re wrong. In fact, I don’t even think I’m the biggest embarrassment to higher education in the state of North Carolina. But since you’re a liberal and you support “choice” – provided we’re talking about dismembering children and not school vouchers for those who weren’t dismembered – I want to give you some options. In fact, I’m going to describe the antics of ten professors, official campus groups, and invited campus speakers in North Carolina and let you decide which constitutes the biggest embarrassment to higher education.

1. In the early spring semester of 2013, a women’s studies professor and a psychology professor at Western Carolina University co-sponsored a panel on bondage and S&M. The purpose of the panel was to teach college students how to inflict pain on themselves and others for sexual pleasure. When you called me the biggest embarrassment in higher education, you must not have known about their bondage panel. Maybe you were tied up that evening and couldn’t make it.   ...
Clash Daily

Former NFL player and current Baptist minister Paul Blair noted in a tweet that Adams was a former communist and atheist, but became a Christian.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #1011 on: July 25, 2020, 04:34:28 pm »
He may well have been the best blues guitarist England produced . . .

Fleetwood Mac co-founder Peter Green dies aged 73: Singer-songwriter and guitarist behind one of band's all-time classics Albatross passes away 'peacefully in his sleep', reveal family

Fleetwood Mac co-founder Peter Green has died aged 73, a statement from solicitors acting on behalf of his family said.

The statement from Swan Turton solicitors said: 'It is with great sadness that the family of Peter Green announce his death this weekend, peacefully in his sleep.

'A further statement will be provided in the coming days'.

The influential blues rock guitarist, from Bethnal Green in London, formed Fleetwood Mac with drummer Mick Fleetwood in London in 1967 . . .

I often tell people who ask me that I'd like to become the third-greatest Jewish blues guitarist when I grow up. (Michael Bloomfield was number one and Peter Green, number two.)

Some of his best . . .

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

RIP Greeny.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 04:37:02 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #1012 on: July 25, 2020, 04:42:45 pm »
@EasyAce

I became a Fleetwood Mac fan well after Green departed.  It was some years later that I got around to looking up the band's earlier music.  It was and is quite good.  A shame what happened to Green.  He was very talented.

RIP

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #1013 on: July 25, 2020, 04:48:48 pm »
@EasyAce

I became a Fleetwood Mac fan well after Green departed.  It was some years later that I got around to looking up the band's earlier music.  It was and is quite good.  A shame what happened to Green.  He was very talented.

RIP
@Applewood
Green's was the only Fleetwood Mac that ever mattered to me, and it always will be.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1014 on: July 25, 2020, 04:54:28 pm »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #1015 on: July 25, 2020, 05:19:01 pm »
@EasyAce

RIP

Being in Fleetwood Mac is not for the faint of heart.  Even Buckingham with his level of talent was recently drummed out.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1016 on: July 25, 2020, 07:07:53 pm »
Regis Philbin, Legendary Television Host, Dies at 88

Regis Philbin has died. The beloved star was 88.

The longtime television host died on July 24, PEOPLE confirms. "We are deeply saddened to share that our beloved Regis Philbin passed away last night of natural causes, one month shy of his 89th birthday," his family shares with PEOPLE in an exclusive statement on Saturday.

"His family and friends are forever grateful for the time we got to spend with him – for his warmth, his legendary sense of humor, and his singular ability to make every day into something worth talking about. We thank his fans and admirers for their incredible support over his 60-year career and ask for privacy as we mourn his loss," the Philbin family says.

https://people.com/tv/regis-philbin-dead/
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1017 on: July 25, 2020, 07:09:06 pm »
Regis Philbin, Legendary Television Host, Dies at 88

https://people.com/tv/regis-philbin-dead/

RIP Regis.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #1018 on: July 25, 2020, 08:05:52 pm »
@EasyAce

RIP

I was a Mac fan in the late ‘70’s during the Buckingham Nicks era starting with Rumors, but like you it led me to discovering earlier incarnations of the band including the first with Green that also led to me “discovering” the original blues artists who inspired those late 60’s British blue bands. I picked up some old Fleetwood Mac vinyl albums with Green at a used record store – Mr. Wonderful was one. I also “discovered” Bob Welch era Mac - Bare Trees and Mystery to Me being my favorites.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0hnl0svE0A
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1019 on: July 25, 2020, 08:27:52 pm »
Honestly, even though he was almost 89, I'm genuinely surprised Regis died. He seemed like a man much younger and healthier than you'd expect for his age.

But then again, any day you live over 80 is a gift. Cherish it.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1020 on: July 25, 2020, 08:28:57 pm »
Darren Rovell @darrenrovell
The young man went from an NBC page, to a messenger, to a parking lot attendant, to a writer, to a late night television host, to a morning television star. One of the most incredible career archs of man. RIP, Regis.

3:38 PM · Jul 25, 2020

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline Applewood

« Reply #1021 on: July 25, 2020, 10:24:53 pm »
Being in Fleetwood Mac is not for the faint of heart.  Even Buckingham with his level of talent was recently drummed out.

People who were familiar with the band before Nicks and Buckingham came along said the pair ruined Fleetwood Mac.  So to me it's a little ironic that Buckingham was later shown the door.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1022 on: July 25, 2020, 10:31:55 pm »
People who were familiar with the band before Nicks and Buckingham came along said the pair ruined Fleetwood Mac.  So to me it's a little ironic that Buckingham was later shown the door.

LOL. You spelled "LMAO hysterical!", I-r-o-n-i-c
I will NOT comply.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #1023 on: July 25, 2020, 11:07:07 pm »
Regis Philbin was quite a talent.  Talk shows, game shows, acting, a music career.  I read he had a voice acting gig in the last Shrek movie and even owned a car dealership in Arizona (the latter didn't last too long, but he tried).  All the while, one never heard about scandals involving him.  He and his second wife, Joy, were married for 50 years.  Not too common among celebrities. 

Rest in peace, Mr. Philbin.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #1024 on: July 26, 2020, 12:00:08 pm »
John Saxon, ‘Nightmare on Elm Street’ Actor, Dies at 83

Actor John Saxon, who starred in three “Nightmare on Elm Street” movies for the late Wes Craven, died Saturday of pneumonia in Murfreesboro, Tennessee, his wife, Gloria, told The Hollywood Reporter. Saxon was 83.

Saxon is also known for play the role of the degenerate gambler, Roper, in the 1973 Bruce Lee classic “Enter the Dragon” for Warner Bros. The film centered on a martial arts tournament that took place on an island owned by the villainous Mr. Han.

https://www.thewrap.com/john-saxon-nightmare-on-elm-street-actor-dies-at-83/

Saxon had many more credits in movies and tv:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Saxon