Author Topic: Dave Barry’s Year in Review: 2019 was an ‘eventful’ — bad — year  (Read 746 times)

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
It was an extremely eventful year.

We are using “eventful” in the sense of “bad.”

It was a year so eventful that every time another asteroid whizzed past the Earth, barely avoiding a collision that would have destroyed human civilization, we were not 100 percent certain it was good news.

https://www.miamiherald.com/living/liv-columns-blogs/dave-barry/article238523668.html

I look forward to reading this every year.

And the thing about Dave Barry is that he skewers both sides equally.

Happy New Year!
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Online berdie

Thanks @Neverdul . I love Dave Barry, but sadly my ancient computer won't let me see The Year In Review. I'll check around to see if I can find a site that will let me view and come back to post my laughs.

Offline Applewood

Funny stuff, as always.  Thanks for the link @Neverdul

Online berdie

@berdie

Will this link work for you?

https://www.richmond.com/opinion/columnists/dave-barry-s-year-in-review-well-that-was-something/article_db735b99-f7e9-5d94-9966-70656498f08e.html

Thanks @Applewood . I was blaming my old computer but it appears it maybe my security has switched to overdrive. It won't let me view lots of stuff I normally do. To fix it...it looks like a Thursday job, lol.

Offline Applewood

Thanks @Applewood . I was blaming my old computer but it appears it maybe my security has switched to overdrive. It won't let me view lots of stuff I normally do. To fix it...it looks like a Thursday job, lol.

I found out that a lot of sites won't work if you refuse their {bleeping] cookies.  Then unless you have a good enough ad block, you get bombarded with annoying ads.  Pffft!