Author Topic: The Official TBR Silliness Thread---2020  (Read 64245 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: The Official TBR Silliness Thread---2020
« Reply #150 on: April 02, 2020, 03:58:43 pm »
Family's lockdown adaptation of Les Misérables song goes viral

@Neverdul

That was just impossibly good!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #151 on: April 03, 2020, 03:27:05 am »
I GOT MY CHECK ALREADY!!!!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #152 on: April 03, 2020, 03:36:36 pm »

« Reply #153 on: April 03, 2020, 03:37:22 pm »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #154 on: April 03, 2020, 03:50:53 pm »

FYI...Stolen and posted on FB!    :cool:      :seeya:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #155 on: April 04, 2020, 09:29:01 am »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #156 on: April 04, 2020, 09:52:10 am »

Couple names newborn twins Corona and Covid

A central Indian couple has reportedly named their twins Corona and Covid.

The babies were born last week in the throes of a deadly worldwide pandemic, according to the Hindustan Times.

I was blessed with the twins — a boy and a girl — in the early hours on March 27. We have named them Covid and Corona (respectively) for now,” the children’s mother Preeti Verma said.

https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavirus/ny-coronavirus-corona-covid-twins-name-coronavirus-india-20200403-g4j2rkj52rds5n74zgmvoyemmi-story.html
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #157 on: April 04, 2020, 09:53:53 am »
@Right_in_Virginia

Are you psychic? You’re meme came true! Lol.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #158 on: April 04, 2020, 01:18:17 pm »

Be interesting to see what they end up calling the adult version of that generation.

First, children of the korn. Then qwaranteens. After that...?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #159 on: April 04, 2020, 01:28:48 pm »
When I was a young lad, I played baseball everyday...all day long till the street lights went on.

I vividly recall swinging a baseball bat with all my might, at the telephone pole in front of my house.

Suddenly all the lights went out....across the entire Northeast USA.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #160 on: April 04, 2020, 02:12:21 pm »
When I was a young lad, I played baseball everyday...all day long till the street lights went on.

I vividly recall swinging a baseball bat with all my might, at the telephone pole in front of my house.

:thud:

:silly:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #161 on: April 04, 2020, 02:16:27 pm »
:thud:

:silly:

LOL!   I recall the baby-boom nine months later.   People trapped in elevators, etc..

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #162 on: April 04, 2020, 02:23:42 pm »
LOL!   I recall the baby-boom nine months later.   People trapped in elevators, etc..

We'll  be having a boom in December-February.  They'll be called "Coronials."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

« Reply #163 on: April 04, 2020, 03:05:13 pm »

« Reply #164 on: April 04, 2020, 03:18:20 pm »

Online corbe

« Reply #165 on: April 04, 2020, 03:20:55 pm »
Robot Caddy

A golfer walks into the clubhouse of the local country club. He tells the golf pro behind the counter that he wants to do 18 and he is going to need a caddy. The golf pro informs him that the country club is running a promotion and if he tries out one of their experimental robot caddies, he can golf for free. The golfer agrees and takes out the robot. While on the golf course the robot caddy tells the golfer the wind speed, distance, even how hard to hit which club. He has the best game of his life.

The next time the golfer goes to the country club, he tells the golf pro that he wants to do 18 holes and that he wants to get one of the robot caddies.

He informs the golfer that they don't have the robot caddies anymore. The golfer, all upset, tells him how great they were and asks him what happened.

The golf pro tells him that members were complaining that the sun would reflect of their metallic material and into their eyes.

The golfer asks him why they didn't just paint the robots black?

The golf pro said that they did, but the next day, 3 of them didn't show up and the other 3 robbed the pro shop.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #166 on: April 04, 2020, 03:43:57 pm »

@DCPatriot
The 1965 blackout!

9 November 1965. Nine days before I turned ten.

At about 5:20 or so, I still remember . . . I was sitting at the dining room table finishing a surprisingly small load of fifth-grade homework. My kid brother was playing with our dog. My father was watching the 5:00 newscast on local WPIX (Channel 11) on the small TV set we kept in the dining room. (We were news hounds in our household, even though nobody then had any inkling I'd actually become a professional journalist in due course---and my father didn't live to see it, he was already dying of cancer and would be gone the following June.) My mother was just about to serve dinner. (If I remember right, it was roast beef.)

Then the lights in the house just faded out kind of slowly. I went to the front of the house and looked as far down the street as I could see, then I went outside. Our block was dark. So was the next block, where one of my father's cousins lived. We called my father's favourite aunt on the westmost side of town and she was dark, too.

From there, the most nerve-wracking part of it was waiting to hear about my maternal grandparents---they both worked in Manhattan and took the subway home to the Bronx, and the phones weren't gone just yet.(My paternal grandparents also lived in the north Bronx but Grandpa Walter retired from the New York Police Department the same year I was hatched.) We were petrified that they might be stuck on a train between stations and, since we flipped the radio on, we already knew it was a cluster-you-know-what in the city. About 20 minutes after the lights went out Grandma Diana and Grandpa Morris called us, they'd made it back to the north Bronx safe and sound and had barely walked into their apartment when the lights went out.

For the rest of the night we had candles lit all around the house, we huddled in my parents' bedroom, we had our roast beef in there on TV trays, and when not staying glued to the radio there the four of us were playing Monopoly by candlelight on my parents' bed. I think we were all asleep somehow by about 10:30. We got our power back at five the next morning.

And to think the whole thing started with a failed protective relay setting in a power station on the Canadian side (Queenston, Ontario) of Niagara Falls . . .
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 03:45:38 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #167 on: April 04, 2020, 04:04:34 pm »

Couple names newborn twins Corona and Covid

A central Indian couple has reportedly named their twins Corona and Covid.

The babies were born last week in the throes of a deadly worldwide pandemic, according to the Hindustan Times.

I was blessed with the twins — a boy and a girl — in the early hours on March 27. We have named them Covid and Corona (respectively) for now,” the children’s mother Preeti Verma said.

https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavirus/ny-coronavirus-corona-covid-twins-name-coronavirus-india-20200403-g4j2rkj52rds5n74zgmvoyemmi-story.html

@Gefn

Yeah,not buying it. Those two in the photo were not born to an Indian couple.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

« Reply #168 on: April 04, 2020, 04:46:28 pm »

« Reply #169 on: April 04, 2020, 05:09:53 pm »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #170 on: April 04, 2020, 05:18:15 pm »
I will NOT comply.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #171 on: April 04, 2020, 05:35:19 pm »
@DCPatriot
The 1965 blackout!

9 November 1965. Nine days before I turned ten.

At about 5:20 or so, I still remember . . . I was sitting at the dining room table finishing a surprisingly small load of fifth-grade homework. My kid brother was playing with our dog. My father was watching the 5:00 newscast on local WPIX (Channel 11) on the small TV set we kept in the dining room. (We were news hounds in our household, even though nobody then had any inkling I'd actually become a professional journalist in due course---and my father didn't live to see it, he was already dying of cancer and would be gone the following June.) My mother was just about to serve dinner. (If I remember right, it was roast beef.)

Then the lights in the house just faded out kind of slowly. I went to the front of the house and looked as far down the street as I could see, then I went outside. Our block was dark. So was the next block, where one of my father's cousins lived. We called my father's favourite aunt on the westmost side of town and she was dark, too.

From there, the most nerve-wracking part of it was waiting to hear about my maternal grandparents---they both worked in Manhattan and took the subway home to the Bronx, and the phones weren't gone just yet.(My paternal grandparents also lived in the north Bronx but Grandpa Walter retired from the New York Police Department the same year I was hatched.) We were petrified that they might be stuck on a train between stations and, since we flipped the radio on, we already knew it was a cluster-you-know-what in the city. About 20 minutes after the lights went out Grandma Diana and Grandpa Morris called us, they'd made it back to the north Bronx safe and sound and had barely walked into their apartment when the lights went out.

For the rest of the night we had candles lit all around the house, we huddled in my parents' bedroom, we had our roast beef in there on TV trays, and when not staying glued to the radio there the four of us were playing Monopoly by candlelight on my parents' bed. I think we were all asleep somehow by about 10:30. We got our power back at five the next morning.

And to think the whole thing started with a failed protective relay setting in a power station on the Canadian side (Queenston, Ontario) of Niagara Falls . . .

:beer:     :cool:

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #172 on: April 04, 2020, 08:57:02 pm »
Oh the things you find while in quarantine and bored and surfing random videos on YouTube.

This great BTW. Airplane! is one of my favorite movies next to Holy Grail.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-v2BHNBVCs
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #173 on: April 04, 2020, 09:11:50 pm »
How about all six episodes of a television classic that got dumped because an ABC exec said (wait for it!), "the viewer had to watch it to appreciate it" . . .

Police Squad!---A Substantial Gift

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Police Squad!---Ring of Fear

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Police Squad!---Rendezvous at Big Gulch

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Police Squad!---Revenge and Remorse

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Police Squad!---The Butler Did It

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Police Squad!---Testimony of Evil

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

I wouldn't trade the original's too-brief run for any or all four of the Naked Gun trilogy.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 03:30:21 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

« Reply #174 on: April 05, 2020, 09:20:57 am »