Author Topic: The Official TBR Silliness Thread---2020  (Read 64512 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: The Official TBR Silliness Thread---2020
« Reply #325 on: May 16, 2020, 06:18:06 pm »
It's so tempting to retort "I don't want EVERYone to die, just the stupid Communists!

I was posting to a Bookface group the other day, "Moving from CA to TX."  Some fellow was asking where's the best place in TX for a LGBTQ activist.  I told him, "Austin is the place for you!  Lots of like-minded people, and you won't be diluting the votes of the good people in the adjoining counties."

I got a pile of Likes on that.   :yowsa:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #326 on: May 16, 2020, 07:13:19 pm »
I was posting to a Bookface group the other day, "Moving from CA to TX."  Some fellow was asking where's the best place in TX for a LGBTQ activist.  I told him, "Austin is the place for you!  Lots of like-minded people, and you won't be diluting the votes of the good people in the adjoining counties."

I got a pile of Likes on that.   :yowsa:
I was tending bar in a biker bar in the west end of ND and the phone rang. They asked me where all the gays in town went. I said "Fargo!" and hung up the phone.  Of course, someone overheard my simple reply, and when they found out what 'that was all about', I gained considerable notoriety.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #327 on: May 18, 2020, 12:40:27 am »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Smokin Joe

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

« Reply #329 on: May 18, 2020, 01:03:37 am »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #330 on: May 18, 2020, 08:59:29 pm »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #331 on: May 18, 2020, 11:07:37 pm »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #332 on: May 19, 2020, 03:32:13 am »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #333 on: May 19, 2020, 04:42:16 am »
I was posting to a Bookface group the other day, "Moving from CA to TX."  Some fellow was asking where's the best place in TX for a LGBTQ activist.  I told him, "Austin is the place for you!

I would have said "Juarez".
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #334 on: May 19, 2020, 05:53:23 am »

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #335 on: May 19, 2020, 01:19:36 pm »
I would have said "Juarez".

You're quicker than I.  :beer:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #336 on: May 19, 2020, 07:20:15 pm »
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #337 on: May 19, 2020, 10:06:13 pm »

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #338 on: May 19, 2020, 11:44:52 pm »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #339 on: May 19, 2020, 11:47:35 pm »

C S Lewis

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #340 on: May 20, 2020, 02:51:41 pm »

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #341 on: May 21, 2020, 07:43:14 am »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #342 on: May 21, 2020, 09:38:44 pm »

Zot Zot ZOT

Officer "... bright eyes..."

("Boy, this just ain't your day!!")

C S Lewis

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #343 on: May 22, 2020, 01:15:55 pm »
Zot Zot ZOT

Officer "... bright eyes..."

("Boy, this just ain't your day!!")
@Smokin Joe
I don't know what to do
I'm always in the dark
We're living in a powder keg and giving off sparks...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5Y8yjSbmOY

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #344 on: May 22, 2020, 05:12:18 pm »

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #345 on: May 22, 2020, 05:40:44 pm »
@Smokin Joe
I don't know what to do
I'm always in the dark
We're living in a powder keg and giving off sparks...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5Y8yjSbmOY

@240B

Bonnie Tyler had a MASSIVE hit with that song,and then nothing.

She definitely had the chops to make it big,so I guess she just quit the biz after learning what a stressful hassle a tour can be.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #346 on: May 22, 2020, 08:51:50 pm »
@240B

She definitely had the chops to make it big,so I guess she just quit the biz after learning what a stressful hassle a tour can be.
Either that or she had no desire to play the chattel game. (Think Harvey and those scumbags of his ilk).

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #347 on: May 22, 2020, 09:02:02 pm »
@240B

She had "Holding Out for a Hero" after that, which has had a strong afterlife even though it only hit #34 here... and a few other hits in Europe over the years.

When it comes to "Total Eclipse of the Heart," much of that was during that brief period of Steinmania when Jim Steinman was writing huge hits for several artists at the time: "Total Eclipse of the Heart" for Tyler, "Making Love out of Nothing at All" for Air Supply, "Read'em and Weep" for Barry Manilow, even his own "Rock and Roll Dreams Come Through." So on and so forth. Of course that was after he had fallen out with Meat Loaf for a time.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #348 on: May 22, 2020, 11:59:25 pm »

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #349 on: May 23, 2020, 12:47:07 am »
Whenever you meet a 25 year old smoking hot cutie...
Who is still a virgin and has no boyfriend or suitors.
She doesn't even have a single stalker after her.
THERE IS A REASON FOR THAT!
Not to dissuade the chase. Carry On. Go for it.
But just be advised. Be careful...and be armed.
Them chicks is dangerous...