Author Topic: These were the Republicans most critical of Trump in 2019  (Read 583 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
These were the Republicans most critical of Trump in 2019
« on: December 30, 2019, 10:43:08 pm »
These were the Republicans most critical of Trump in 2019
by Naomi Lim
 | December 30, 2019 04:04 PM

It’s not unusual for a coterie of Republicans to criticize President Trump behind closed doors.

Republicans generally keep whatever misgiving they have about Trump to themselves. Public criticism by fellow Republicans over his three years in office has been rare.

But in 2019, a year that included Trump's impeachment on Dec. 18, some criticism of the president was public, even if much of it was fleeting and temporal rather than extended and sustained.

Here are seven Trump detractors from the last 12 months:

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/these-were-the-republicans-most-critical-of-trump-in-2019
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Slide Rule

Re: These were the Republicans most critical of Trump in 2019
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2019, 12:09:06 pm »

Michigan Rep. Justin Amash

Former Michigan Rep. Dave Trott

Oklahoma Sen. James Lankford

Utah Sen. Mitt Romney

Former Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake

Florida Rep. Francis Rooney

Illinois Rep. Adam Kinzinger
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2019, 01:26:32 pm »
Kudos to those Republicans who are unafraid to offer constructive criticism of the President.    If you click on the article, at the bottom is a link to a list of times in the past year that Trump attacked his friends. 

Vote for Trump for tactical or ideological reasons.   But don't kid yourself that he displays such virtues as modesty and loyalty.   I will not be proud of my vote this year.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2019, 01:32:38 pm »
Gruppendenken über alle.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2019, 05:16:36 pm »
Kudos to those Republicans who are unafraid to offer constructive criticism of the President.    If you click on the article, at the bottom is a link to a list of times in the past year that Trump attacked his friends. 

Vote for Trump for tactical or ideological reasons.   But don't kid yourself that he displays such virtues as modesty and loyalty.   I will not be proud of my vote this year.   

I don't consider Jeffy Flake's hairshirt criticism to be"constructive," which has a lot to do with why he's a "former" Senator.  He threw the dice when he decided to be an anti-Trumper, and lost.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2019, 05:56:29 pm »
Washington was broken way before Trump ever got there. And it is only because of his election to president that establishment Washington’s hubris showed the country just how corrupt, unethical and detached from everyday Americans it has become.

I don’t think we need to be cordial when confronting entrenched, corruptible politicians and bureaucrats, but rather we should attack them with outrage and with the truth and with strong words of condemnation—all of which President Trump justifiably does. And his supporters support him in that. We also knew it was never going to be pretty draining the swamp.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2019, 06:16:45 pm »
Washington was broken way before Trump ever got there. And it is only because of his election to president that establishment Washington’s hubris showed the country just how corrupt, unethical and detached from everyday Americans it has become.

I don’t think we need to be cordial when confronting entrenched, corruptible politicians and bureaucrats, but rather we should attack them with outrage and with the truth and with strong words of condemnation—all of which President Trump justifiably does. And his supporters support him in that. We also knew it was never going to be pretty draining the swamp.

Serious Republicans and conservatives ought to agree, we needed some disruptin to make meaningful changes in Wash. DC.

Surprise, your choice was another Dole, McCain or Romney.

Be greatful you got the much needed disruption, albeit in the unlikely vessel called Trump.

Over180 Fed judges, to date.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline bilo

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2019, 08:30:22 pm »

:amen:

A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2019, 08:38:51 pm »
I see no problem in "constructive" criticism of Trump or his behavior.  He is not a dictator, king, or an emperor. 

He OTOH, treats any adverse comment with revenge.  Is that a trait of a good leader?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2019, 08:39:34 pm »

Vote for Trump for tactical or ideological reasons.   But don't kid yourself that he displays such virtues as modesty and loyalty.  I will not be proud of my vote this year.   

GTFO!!!   LOL!!!

'Apologizing' for voting for President Trump!   Go and post that on your Facebook timeline!  It's not necessary here.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2019, 08:43:23 pm »
Pretty mild list, Mitt's really the big name on the list, Lankford, that criticism is pretty mild.

Offline bilo

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2019, 08:54:22 pm »
I see no problem in "constructive" criticism of Trump or his behavior.  He is not a dictator, king, or an emperor. 

He OTOH, treats any adverse comment with revenge.  Is that a trait of a good leader?

Okay, he is notorious for striking back.

What did all the genteel Pub leaders ever get us?

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2019, 09:04:44 pm »

No argument there, but i am the guy who considers Reagan and Coolidge as the only decent POTUS' in the past 100 years.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2019, 09:23:10 pm »
No argument there, but i am the guy who considers Reagan and Coolidge as the only decent POTUS' in the past 100 years.

"Silent Cal" always said he did his best governing while on the Golf Course, because he knew he could do the least amount of damage to the country there.  That's who we could use, after the swamp gets better drainage.  Until then, it's not going to be quiet nor pretty.  Loose the dogs of war!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline bilo

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2019, 09:23:59 pm »

I'm more familiar with Reagan. I would agree he was a heck of a good POTUS. He is why we won the cold war and the threat of global thermonuclear war was ended, that alone is a reason to consider him great. To your point he was a gentleman, but he did have an edge to his humor.  However, he did get taken advantage of on immigration, budget cuts, and abortion.

Offline bilo

« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2019, 09:34:03 pm »
"Silent Cal" always said he did his best governing while on the Golf Course, because he knew he could do the least amount of damage to the country there.  That's who we could use, after the swamp gets better drainage.  Until then, it's not going to be quiet nor pretty. Loose the dogs of war!

If Trump wins re-election, Pubs keep the Senate and get the House majority, I would expect them to be more aggressive in attacking big issues than the country club/chamber of commerce Pubs were in 2016-18. The Rats have so radicalized themselves the push back should be decisive, there is no middle ground anymore. It's them or us.

It's really interesting how self destructive the radical Rats have become. My fear about Trump was that he would be to willing to "compromise" with the Rats on all the big issues, especially immigration. Instead of trying to find common ground with him, the Rats started plotting impeachment before he was even officially in office. All they did was harden his resolve to push his agenda.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2019, 09:44:33 pm »
Principle has absolutely nothing in common w/politics which is why
Principled Conservatism, which resonates from Plato's Republic, has
absolutely nothing in common w/republican politics, never had nor will.
Yet for some conflating the latter is an article of deaf, dumb and blind faith.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2019, 11:32:09 pm »

Ronald Reagan hosting Death Valley Days and selling 20 Mule Team Borax gives him the edge.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2020, 09:49:32 pm »
I am a Trump supporter, and I know he has a caustic demeanor, but I do not hold that against him.  He can be ignorant beyond belief, and I do find that annoying, but as I told a Trump hater/family member recently, do not judge the man by what he says, judge him by what he does.  She responded, I do not care, I do not like him because of the way he addresses women.

I do not consider anything coming from these Republicans as constructive criticism.  And the worst is Romney.  He is such a weak sister, he could not beat Obama.  Nothing that man says is worth listening to.  He still has his eye on the White House, and I would not be surprised if he runs again in 2024.  Romney is the reason the likes of an AOC could get elected POTUS.  He has limited appeal, and he says things that are dumber than Biden.  He lost his election over that 47% comment.  What a knucklehead.

Dynasties are usually despised here in the USA, but I would not mind one of Trump's son's running in 2024.  Wouldn't that be a hoot to have one of the Trump son's taking on AOC!!!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2020, 03:41:12 pm »
Kudos to those Republicans who are unafraid to offer constructive criticism of the President.

@Jazzhead

I agree with that.  The problem is that I don't think any of those listed critics actually believed their criticism would be constructive, or would help Trump at all.  I think they were deliberately trying to weaken/hurt Trump politically simply because they don't like him.

Those critics who were truly trying to be constructive likely gave most of their criticism in private, or behind the scenes.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2020, 04:01:58 pm »
@Jazzhead

I agree with that.  The problem is that I don't think any of those listed critics actually believed their criticism would be constructive, or would help Trump at all.  I think they were deliberately trying to weaken/hurt Trump politically simply because they don't like him.

Those critics who were truly trying to be constructive likely gave most of their criticism in private, or behind the scenes.

An absolutely crucial distinction. Glad you reminded us of it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2020, 04:49:05 pm »

@aligncare

ALL of that! :yowsa: :yowsa:
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2020, 04:53:29 pm »

@bilo

And it is past time we had a President that WILL fight back.

This is a political war for the survival of America as a free nation,and you people are whining because we FINALLY have a President that is willing to fight back against Globalism and the people pimping the nation out to the Globalists?

One thing is a certainty. Nobody EVER won a war or an argument without fighting back or arguing to defend their cause.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2020, 04:58:51 pm »

Dynasties are usually despised here in the USA, but I would not mind one of Trump's son's running in 2024.  Wouldn't that be a hoot to have one of the Trump son's taking on AOC!!!

@jafo2010

NOT boarding that train yet. I know next to nothing about them.

PLUS,2024 is a long time away,and who knows who else will pop up to run when it rolls around? Or even what conditions will exist? We need to put ALL of our focus on 2020 because the survival of America as a free and independent nation literally relies on Trump winning.